My cat pees on everything I love

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
AAGH it's so frustrating! I left my bra out, put it on without checking first, and now my boobs smell like cat pee.

Is it just me or does cat pee smell strangely like pine? Forests now repulse me.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
A good rinse in vinegar might get that out. Did the bra still have your scent on it? Maybe he just likes you a lot.

Ridley peed on my son's bean bag chair. I washed it, put it back, and he peed on it again. thank goodness he doesn't do it to beds.

p.s. you might have to rinse your boobs in vinegar, too.

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
I've got a cat that likes to pee on stuff, too. We call her a dirt cat because we got her as a kitten, and she was wild. We think she has a thing for marking territory, which is odd for a female cat I think, but it's how she is. She'll pee on anything "clumpy." So that means wadded up clothes, blankets (like on the bed), towels, even plastic bags. We have two male cats that have perfect hygiene, but the female refuses to use their litter boxes. She has her own box in the garage and a pile of dried weeds we keep for her because that's where she prefers to do her business. I know. Strange cat. But we love her.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Like Pine?

I like pine and cat pee never smelled ANYTHING like that to me.

And yes, our cat peed in our beanbag chair. Never got the smell out. Ended up throwing it away.

Our cat doesn't live with us any more because of it. I won't put up with animals that can't control their bladders.

Oops.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
get the vet to check and be sure she's okay. Lots of illnesses in cats have this for a symptom - including kidney failure and some that can be cured.

Otherwise, vinger for things you can wash, including floors. Baking soda for rugs. Never use anomnia based cleaners, that just smells like another cat peed there and your cat will pee on top of it.

Yes, it maybe because she likes you and wants everyone to know you are hers. The one time I took my male dog to the dog park, he peed on my leg before playing with the other dogs. It was about 33 degrees and I had him on a long long leash. (there were streets near by.) He clotheslined two other dogs, and we went home. We didn't do that again. But all the ladies at the park said he wanted the other dogs to know I belonged to him, and they couldn't come home with me.

Fraulein

Spooks? Where are you?...
Registered
Reaction score
If I were to tell you, then that would be cheating
Don't leave anything on the floor or counters. Put stray things like envelopes and clothes away.

If she refuses to use a litter box, then you can make something that resembles a litter box. I have a coke bottle carrier thingy that is lined with a kitchen trash bag and then newspapers, cardboard, and paper bags are on top. My kitty pees in that, instead of a litter box, and it works really well.

ETA: It's like she gets to pee on stuff, but of course, that's all in her head, because it's really just a potty that she pees in.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
My cat's pee smells like soup.

He peed, for no reason that I can fathom, all over our new suede couch. I woke up to my mom yelling at me for spilling soup on the couch and not cleaning it up. I was like "what soup?"

We wished it was soup.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
If your cat pees on everything you love, does it make it harder to have a long term relationship?

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Possible Remedies (wouldn't have change the bra peeing though):

1) put a litter box in their favorite peeing place.
2) Put aluminum foil on their favorite peeing place (apparently they hate the sound. All I know is that it works
3) Get them fixed (doesn't always work, but especially helps with boys pee and spray)

I have cats and dogs, have had them all my life. I take this in to account when I buy stuff. If you have a peeing cat, a bean bag is bad LOL. If you get vinyl, they can put holes in it, fabric and pee don't mix. I don't have a cat at the moment that pees anywhere (one does in the tub, but that's an easy clean up), but I have in the past, and cleaning up cat/dog hair is a PITA. ALL my furniture gets covered with a sheet. It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but I choose to be a pet lover. When I have a pee-er, everything gets covered in blankets and sheets. It's just what I do when I decide to take on the responsibility of pets. Aging animals tend to become indoor pee-ers quite often.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
My ex has an elderly cat (approximate age 17 to 20 years) who has the habit of peeing all over the place. He puts the cat's food dish over those places where the cat has peed but shouldn't (the carpet), and leaves towels on the floor of the laundry room for the cat to pee on.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
My cat pees on everything I love

I'm seeing lots of suggestions for solutions. Before you do that though?

I've got a short list of folks I'd like you to love.

wait... I didn't mean for that to sound quite so dirty....

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A good rinse in vinegar might get that out. Did the bra still have your scent on it? Maybe he just likes you a lot.

Ridley peed on my son's bean bag chair. I washed it, put it back, and he peed on it again. thank goodness he doesn't do it to beds.

p.s. you might have to rinse your boobs in vinegar, too.

maybe he's just into golden showers.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Look away now if you're sensitive.

My other half missed the laundry basket and her knickers ended up on the floor, 10 seconds later the cat is curled up on the knickers, eyes slitted, purring. Just can't get enough of that smell...

Tempted to say the knickers actually hit the wall and took 2 minutes to slide down onto the floor...

-Derek

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
#Shakes head to clear thoughts of Derek's post#

Cats pee to mark their territory. The only sensible thing to do is for you to pee all around the house and on your clothes before the cat does. Show it who's boss. You need to do this or your cat will continue to pee everywhere. Also works for those who have dogs in the house. But, do not attempt to mark your territory like this if you have fish (unless you have an outdoor pond near your BBQ area).

JJ

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
We have a young Bengal cat who has peed on our bed several times, sometimes while we were in it. Experts told me that Bengals use peeing to let you know they're cranky about something. They also said to wash the washable stuff with an enzyme washing powder to remove all urine traces. I sprayed vinegar all over our bed, but it's like sleeping in a jar of pickles. Our boy is pretty smart, and a quick time out seems to work. He mainly does it when I clean out his litter box. It makes him furious! It's time to clean it out at the moment, and I'm planning to change half the litter only.

I too associate cat pee with pine. I think it's because the litter smells like pine, and it's a matter of association:)

Good luck. Sleep with your mouth closed.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I'm cold and cruel. If that cat won't use a box and pees everywhere you don't want it to and refuses to be trained it's time for the cat to go.

I have two cats who I adopted from the Humane Society and for the first time ever (I've tried adopting before) they do NOT give me grief. But then they were not feral. One in fact is so tidy he has to clean up the floor by his cat dish every time he eats. He thinks he's a person as he was a bottle fed kitten. He watched me cleaning the kitchen and ever since he does the same for his and Little Miss' space. :D

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I used to have a cat that sprayed everything he thought was his - the long, long list of things that he thought were his included but was by *no means* limited to furniture, food, clothing, other pets, and people. He was neutered and still sprayed, so there was no hope of having a happy, pee-free life. However, vinegar does help take the smell out a bit, so do some oxygen based cleaners. If it's pretty fresh, soak in hot, soapy water overnight and then try a baking soda paste. Good luck with the cat pee :)

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I'm cold and cruel. If that cat won't use a box and pees everywhere you don't want it to and refuses to be trained it's time for the cat to go.

I have two cats who I adopted from the Humane Society and for the first time ever (I've tried adopting before) they do NOT give me grief. But then they were not feral. One in fact is so tidy he has to clean up the floor by his cat dish every time he eats. He thinks he's a person as he was a bottle fed kitten. He watched me cleaning the kitchen and ever since he does the same for his and Little Miss' space. :D
I wish I was this lucky! Every animal I've ever had has been a stray that I picked up and gave a home to. This mean they usually have no manners for a LONG time after they've settled in, and I constantly have to work with them. But, it's really rewarding getting to help out an animal truly in need- no matter how rude they start out. And trust me, that can be pretty rude :(

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com

Ditto. I put up with this from a cat for nine months at one point--peeing on my bed, my clothes, my books, anything that belonged to me--but the final straw came the night she peed on my bed, then waited until I changed the sheets (at that point I had bought a plastic mattress cover) and immediately peed on the new sheets too.

She was mad because we wouldn't let her go outside--we're not big believers in cats as outdoor pets, but we found her as a stray and she'd always insisted on getting to go out. Unfortunately we moved from our little rented house to a fifth-floor condo, hence the pee assault.

I couldn't take it anymore. We took her to the local fire station where we knew of a gang of strays; the firemen regularly fed/watered/petted the cats and allowed them to sleep inside the station. (Keep in mind this was south Florida too; no cold winters to worry about.) So while I didn't feel good about it, I didn't feel awful about it.

I'm sure some of you might think I'm a terrible person now but really, she wasn't just peeing on everything. She was peeing on everything beause she could not be happy in our home; we couldn't offer her what she really wanted (freedom to roam around outisde and eat bugs and lizards and stuff). It didn't seem fair to either of us to continue with it.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I have had cats that would pee ON my kids. Either while they were holding them or while my kids were asleep in their beds. They ruined mattresses and goose down pillows. The cost in repairs and clean up came to about 2 grand. They would even go into the laundry basket of clean clothes and pee.

I love cats. But not that much. I'm not in a position to have my cats ruin my house that I'm trying to sell so as mean as it seems to my son and BF if these two start going wacko on me, they are out. I'll have my vet adopt them out. They are adorable though and I don't think I will have to worry about it.

The cats I've never had issues with I paid a pretty penny for. They are my purebred Siamese. The only issue my daughter is having with the one who is still living is that if her box is the teeniest full, she will drag out a terd and put it where you sit. LOL ..personally I don't blame her. Like I asked my son, would he want to poop and pee in a pile of ick?

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. I fall in love with everything my cat pees on.

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Look away now if you're sensitive.

My other half missed the laundry basket and her knickers ended up on the floor, 10 seconds later the cat is curled up on the knickers, eyes slitted, purring. Just can't get enough of that smell...

Tempted to say the knickers actually hit the wall and took 2 minutes to slide down onto the floor...

-Derek

I just...ugh...I might be making this post worse in my head than it really is. Are you really saying that? Where is the vomit smiley?

:vomits:

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
#Shakes head to clear thoughts of Derek's post#

Cats pee to mark their territory. The only sensible thing to do is for you to pee all around the house and on your clothes before the cat does. Show it who's boss. You need to do this or your cat will continue to pee everywhere. Also works for those who have dogs in the house. But, do not attempt to mark your territory like this if you have fish (unless you have an outdoor pond near your BBQ area).

JJ

Already have, I've filled windex bottles full of the stuff and regularly spray everything down, and I am a pescatarian.