• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Susan Gleason Literary Agency

yeswecan

Registered
Reaction score
icon11.gif
SUSAN GLEASON LITERARY AGENCY?
Does anyone have any experience with and/or contact info re: the SUSAN GLEASON LITERARY AGENCY? I'd like to know if she's accepting
e-mail submissions and her e-mail address, please...

Many thanks--Happy New Year to all!

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Gets a $ from P+E

Susan Gleason Literary Agency
325 Riverside Dr. #41
New York, N.Y. 10025

yeswecan

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! How about her e-mail?

Thanks, Waylander! How about her e-mail? Hope to get a fairly quick response since I've got my ms. out elsewhere...Does she even accept e-mail queries? Can't find a website or much info about her, just on her clients... Any more info or feedback?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

Nandi

Registered
Reaction score
She appears to be well established, but lacking any sort of web presence in this day and age seems a little strange, doesn't it? She is also unlisted in Sambuchino's 2009 Guide to Literary Agents.

yeswecan

Registered
Reaction score
Very helpful, thanks to all for the great info! I agree, I can't imagine not using e-mail these days or maybe she just depends on referrals. Whatever, it's a mystery!
Guess I'll have to go the snail-mail route, ugh...
Unless a client is willing to share? Thanks again!

para

Registered
Reaction score
I'd email her clients to see what they say about her, although not all of those listed in that googlebooks link appear to have a website.

yeswecan

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, all! I tried e-mailing a client but no reply so far...wish me luck!

scriptor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hey yeswecan, I did not find her listed in the 2008 Writer's Market, though I might have overlooked her in it, or something. I would trust P&E they usually are right on.

JamesRobertSmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamesrobertsmith.net
Susan Gleason

icon11.gif
SUSAN GLEASON LITERARY AGENCY?
Does anyone have any experience with and/or contact info re: the SUSAN GLEASON LITERARY AGENCY? I'd like to know if she's accepting
e-mail submissions and her e-mail address, please...

Many thanks--Happy New Year to all!

Susan Gleason was my agent for a while. Initially, she was very enthusiastic about the novel she was agenting for me. However, after it became obvious that she couldn't sell it, she stopped communicating with me at all. After months of no contact with her, I wrote a letter severing our professional relationship. Subsequently, I sold the novel on my own, and about eighteen months after it appeared in hard cover I sold the movie rights. Since I knew nothing about how to deal with a major movie studio, I handed the contracts off to another agent who finished fine tuning the deal for me. (At that point, I could probably have bagged any agency in the USA, but I went with the only agent who'd been giving me the time of day and with whom I'd been seriously considering signing before I was offered the movie deal.)

Ms. Gleason was an okay agent for a while. My only complaint, other than the fact that she stopped returning my calls and letters at some point, was that she charges for printing. In my case, she started off by peppering a lot of publishers with my novel in a huge scattershot technique, and the printing costs were a bit much. (She sent hard copies, rather than digital files.)

But she seemed a nice person and did have the ears of a number of editors at many of the big publishing firms.

yeswecan

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, James--glad it all worked out for you. She's had my full for a month so fingers crossed...

Congrats on both the book and movie deal--awesome! Keep us posted on the movie!

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomalanbrosz.wordpress.com
She appears to be well established, but lacking any sort of web presence in this day and age seems a little strange, doesn't it?

I wish they all had web pages, but there are some good agents out there who prefer living entirely in the paper world, so don't automatically assume that lack of computer presence means they aren't pros.

JamesRobertSmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamesrobertsmith.net
I wish they all had web pages, but there are some good agents out there who prefer living entirely in the paper world, so don't automatically assume that lack of computer presence means they aren't pros.

I have a difficult time understanding why all agents don't have a web presence. But my current agent doesn't have one. I haven't asked him why, but I would assume that he has enough clients without getting swamped constantly by queries.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Believe it or not, some people are just resistant to technology. I know a few ordinary people who don't own a computer nor how to use one.