Drink That ACV!

October

Fueled by Ramen
Registered
Reaction score
Hallo AWers! I've finally managed to get my financial aid restated and it looks like I won't be working fast food for the rest of my life. But now that I have that problem done, I have another one. My asthma.

I found out ACV (apple cider vinegar) is supposed to be good for it. You drink 2-4 tablespoons of it a day. It sounded easy, so I picked up a small jug of it for less than a buck at the Mart of Walls and mixed it up with a BIG glass of water because I heard you had to dilute it alot because ACV is strong and icky.

I stirred a tablespoon up good in three cups of water, then took a big swig.

After dry-heaving into the sink for fifteen minutes, I decided to find a different natural treatment for my asthma.

So, AWers, what horrible natural cures have you put yourself to? Every tried osha? Spikenard?

October

Fueled by Ramen
Registered
Reaction score
I mix my ACV with hot tea and honey. The ACV is almost like lemon... if you squint and pretend a little. ;)

I ended up mixing mine with apple cider. It was almost potable. I had to take Rolaids after I drank it though.

Kitrianna said:
Decaf is fine. It's not the caffeine that does it. That's just a bonus to those of us who can't function without the stuff.

What?! You wouldn't be able to either if you lived in Tim Hortons country :D

I've always been high-energy, like, bouncing off different planets high-energy. I think I'll give decaff a try. Is there any brand that tastes better than another?

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I ended up mixing mine with apple cider. It was almost potable. I had to take Rolaids after I drank it though.

Ah! Added calcium! :)

Theoretically, the ACV eventually takes care of the heartburn, too. I've got GERD, and it really has made it better (well... the ACV and my Prilosec...)

October

Fueled by Ramen
Registered
Reaction score
Ah! Added calcium! :)

Theoretically, the ACV eventually takes care of the heartburn, too. I've got GERD, and it really has made it better (well... the ACV and my Prilosec...)

Is this before or after you nearly died from disgust? =D