PDA

View Full Version : Blast! I almost made it through the day...

Jcomp
01-01-2009, 03:17 AM
...without somebody saying, "See you next year!" The new guy said it. And the worst of it, he seems much, much too cool to have said it. I would have never guessed he'd be the one to get me. It was like a sneak attack...

Confound it!

scarletpeaches
01-01-2009, 03:18 AM
Damn it. I said that today. Once.

God, now I feel bad. :(

Kitrianna
01-01-2009, 03:18 AM
That's the joy of being cool. You get to blindside people with those New Year puns.

Ciera_
01-01-2009, 03:20 AM
I haven't heard it yet this year! But then, I've barely left the house since Christmas break started...now I have a good excuse. This is my fortress, where I will be safe from the morons who say such things.

Grrarrgh
01-01-2009, 03:32 AM
I was on my way out of the office when I got hit with it twice. Both times from people that I expected to hear it from. Still annoying.

Kitrianna
01-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Oh just admit you're snowed in Ciera and can't get out. :D

'Sides if you do that then people will hit you with the "I haven't seen you since last year!" when you finally do. It's a no win situation.

alleycat
01-01-2009, 03:35 AM
I didn't realize it until I saw this thread . . .

But I HAVE made it through the day without anyone saying that to me.

(And anyone here saying it doesn't count!)

Ciera_
01-01-2009, 04:03 AM
Snowed in? Why, of course not! We're going to Burger King in a while (New Year's Eve dinner of champions!) Well, we were planning on it, but now I'm not so sure...it's a dangerous, punny world out there.
As for the 'haven't seen you since last year' thing, there are a few people that I KNOW are going to pull that one on me when I get back to school. I'm dreading it. Maybe I'll poke their eyes out with leftover candy canes or something. Though the last time I did that to a teacher, only a few people agreed that it was justified.

Jcomp
01-01-2009, 04:17 AM
Oh just admit you're snowed in Ciera and can't get out. :D

'Sides if you do that then people will hit you with the "I haven't seen you since last year!" when you finally do. It's a no win situation.

Sad but true...

Silver King
01-01-2009, 04:29 AM
I can't wait to accost my wife tomorrow and say, "Honey, we haven't made love since last year. How about a little sugar?"

She used to think that was SO funny, a long time ago...

Kitrianna
01-01-2009, 04:46 AM
Only you Silver, only you. :D

2old2pb
01-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Thank God I'm not cool, it seems such a burden.

brokenfingers
01-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Someone said that to me last night and it was wonderful.

Maryn
01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
One person has said, "See you next year!" to me and it was actually funny.

Kurt is the clerk at the Goodwill thrift store I visit often. He's bored at work, and his fellow employees are generally less than stimulating, so when there's no line we joke around. It'd be pretty neat if he saw me next year, since he's blind.

Maryn, who probably wouldn't be that cool