PDA

View Full Version : Hottest Midnight Kiss Ever?

SarahDavidson
12-31-2008, 08:47 PM
This is my first New Year at AW, so hopefully this hasn't been done before... We've got all these threads about our resolutions, where we're partying, and what we're cooking... I figured I'd throw the "Kiss for good luck at midnight" out there. :D

When I was nineteen, I got invited to a house party. I was fairly new in town, and the first group of friends I made was a rather quirky bunch. I grew up in a small town, and this was my first exposure to people that had a very "out" alternative lifestyle. Pretty much everybody--guys and girls alike--had slept with everybody else in the group at some point, although none of them were necessarily "couples," several of them had brought dates, and they didn't really do the swinger/orgy thing. Most of them had substance addictions of one kind or another - ranging from prescription meds to alcohol to coke, which accentuated their quirks even more. I was sexually experienced, but up to that point, I had barely scratched the surface when it came to women. As in, I'd never been with "just" a woman...there had always been a guy involved. I had no idea how to approach women, no functioning "gaydar" (or bi-dar, as it were), and not a whole lot of confidence.

The host of the party had set me up on a blind date with a fireman he knew, but the guy ended up working a double, so I was there by myself. The apartment was in a historical building, complete with an old-fashioned fire escape, which everyone treated like a "balcony with a really tiny door". I started drinking beer when I got there, and quickly progressed to some weird banana flavored shots. One of the girls there, Jessica, was so unique that I couldn't stop looking at her, and the drunker I got, the more intrigued I was.

About 11:55, we all crowded outside to watch the downtown fireworks show. We were counting down to midnight, and everybody sort of paired off--as much as they could in such a small space--but we were still pretty tightly packed. Jessica and I were the only two people that hadn't come with someone, and we ended up next to each other. At midnight, the entire sky lit up with fireworks, and she grabbed me gently by the hair and bit my lower lip, which evolved into the hottest kiss of my life. It actually got applause from the guys standing outside the building across the alley. ;)

How about you all?

quickWit
12-31-2008, 09:03 PM
My grandma bit my lower lip one year, so that was pretty hot. Of course, I was groping her at the time, so it may have been in self-defense.

:D

Shadow_Ferret
12-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Gross, quickie.

Anyway, I can't ever remember a midnight kiss.

I was usually pretty trashed by then.

John Farley
12-31-2008, 09:16 PM
you only made me realize how much of a bore i am.

Storm Dream
12-31-2008, 09:43 PM
Well, there was that badger a few years back...

I've never had one, actually. :(

(Midnight kiss, that is. Or a badger for that matter.)

Captshady
12-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Well, there was that badger a few years back...

Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!

jennifer75
12-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Bleh.

scarletpeaches
12-31-2008, 10:26 PM
I don't think I've ever had a midnight kiss. I usually spend Hogmanay alone. :(

Shadow_Ferret
12-31-2008, 11:26 PM
How quickly can you get here, Scarlet?

scarletpeaches
12-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Not 'til next year.

Shadow_Ferret
12-31-2008, 11:29 PM
*sigh* You say that every year.

DL Hegel
12-31-2008, 11:33 PM
the hottest New Years kiss I got was on a beach in Ca with a guy I thought looked like Herman Munster. I think that says it all.

brad_b
12-31-2008, 11:49 PM
The hardest thing is trying to choose which, back in the day..... blah, blah, blah.

Jcomp
12-31-2008, 11:53 PM
I've never even thought of having a midnight kiss. I'm going to do it this time. I'm determined...

Cranky
12-31-2008, 11:58 PM
Hottest midnight kiss?

It was fourteen years ago, I'll tell you that much. And I've never forgotten it, or the guy. :D

Shadow_Ferret
12-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Was that you?

Cranky
01-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Well, now, that would be telling. :D

Silver King
01-01-2009, 02:26 AM
I wish I had been present to witness Sarah's midnight kiss in person. I would've applauded also, and in my younger days, probably would've done something inappropriate, like try to join them for some serious after midnight frolicking.

(Nice bit of writing in the original post, by the way.)

DL Hegel
01-01-2009, 02:38 AM
MsK the night is young:)

mario_c
01-01-2009, 02:39 AM
Was actually my first kiss. I was 16.

JLCwrites
01-01-2009, 02:44 AM
From my hubby. But then.. every kiss from him is hawt!

brad_b
01-01-2009, 02:54 AM
I'll go along with MsK, I'm still waiting for mine, too, I hope it shows up while I'm still able to pucker

slcboston
01-01-2009, 03:02 AM
Does the livestock count? :D

MattW
01-01-2009, 03:06 AM
Light socket.

It was hot, and all I could get at 17.

MattW
01-01-2009, 03:10 AM
and the first group of friends I made was a rather quirky bunch. I grew up in a small town, and this was my first exposure to people that had a very "out" alternative lifestyle. Pretty much everybody--guys and girls alike--had slept with everybody else in the group at some point, although none of them were necessarily "couples,"
Your fantastic story sounds like a mirror image to one of my own, except I didn't kiss the girl because she was the coke dealer's girlfriend. Even though she made it clear what she wanted, I didn't like the looks I was getting from the people I didn't know at the party - which was everyone.

Never felt so paranoid in my life, but I did hook up with a girl who only had a hammock in her dorm room...

slcboston
01-01-2009, 03:13 AM
In all seriousness, all of my NYE have been spent with family. And not being from West Virginia, kissing at that level is not considered appropriate amongst family members. :D

2old2pb
01-01-2009, 12:58 PM
It's funny, I only remember the bad ones.

brokenfingers
01-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Hot kisses? Plenty.

Hot kisses at midnight on New Ear's Eve? None.

Now, I have something to add to my New Year's Resolutions List.

SarahDavidson
01-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I haven't had a good one since, and last night was the absolute WORST New Year's Eve EVER.

I spent all day cleaning the house and cooking appetizers for fifty people, because every couple of hours the S/O kept calling and adding more of his friends, coworkers, people he ran into at the parts store, etc. to the guest count. (We had a keg.)

He got off work early at 3:00 and came home to help me finish getting the house in shape, and I had the daunting task of cleaning up the downstairs bathroom (aka Ground Zero for potty training the puppy -- not a pleasant task.) I left at about 6:30, confident that I'd accomplished all the cleaning necessary for a good party, carrying a list for approximately half the liquor store and assorted groceries that hadn't been purchased beforehand. When I got to the liquor store, the line was about 40 minutes long, so by the time I got up to the register, I should have already been back to the house, cooking the hot courses.

At the grocery store, I ran into a former coworker (as in, up until about two weeks ago when I got laid off). He was also close friends with my friend Holly, so I figured he was good people. He had his two cousins with him and a bottle of champagne, and they were waiting for an hour to meet up with a girl. I figured that since the S/O had already invited a ton of people, three more wouldn't hurt, and I could end 2008 with a good deed. (I'm usually very reserved around people.)

Wrong.

They were alright until they started drinking. Then, they started getting loud, causing a scene, and being generally obnoxious. I quietly asked them to leave, at which point they went out and joined the smokers in the garage, but didn't leave. The S/O went outside, puppy in tow, to make sure they finished leaving. Their car was idling at the end of the driveway, and one of them dawdled a little bit before getting in. S/O was drunk, I was drunk, they were drunk, and all of our witnesses were drunk -- but the last guy to get in the car bent over and picked something up, then they sped away.

Ten minutes later, when S/O came in by himself, it hit me.

WHERE WAS OUR FREAKING DOG????

Those assholes stole my ten-week-old bullmastiff puppy.

S/O's friends, prissy little pretty-boys that they were, all feared that their cars would get broken into, and took our keg to their brother's house. S/O screamed at me, grabbed my phone, yelled at Holly (who I was trying to get the guy's phone number from, so I could attempt to get our dog back) pushed me, screamed at me some more, told me he was "F---ing done with me because I never ask him before I do anything," and stormed out, drunk, to go retrieve the keg.

He was gone for about two hours. Midnight came and went while I was filing a police report for my stolen dog. He came home, screamed at me some more, locked me out of our bedroom with no blankets, and passed out.

Happy New Year, my ass.

Maryn
01-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Oh, man! Now if AW were a physical town, I'd have you at the house in, what, ten minutes, and I'd be printing fliers, calling people, making you lunch, and hoping you don't notice what a wreck the kitchen is.

You and the S/O need to talk (when everybody's calmed down, sober, etc.) about reasonable behavior when you're furious and/or drunk. No blankets is not playing fair. And the drunker person gets the sofa.

Maryn, who had that talk years ago

Maryn
01-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Meanwhile, the hottest New Year's kiss ever was when I'd been dating Mr. Maryn about three months. He was and is quite reserved, not demonstrative about affection. I took him to a party a married co-worker was having, mostly the women from work and their husbands, boyfriends, or dates. We were all in our twenties or early thirties.

At the stroke of midnight, Mr. Maryn gave me a perfunctory public kiss (sigh... maybe he doesn't like me?), turned, and was promptly kissed by a blonde co-worker who'd slept with half the guys in Electric.

I, too, was spun around for a kiss from a guy with a mustache and long hair, and man, he could really kiss! When he finished a full minute later, he smiled, tapped his wedding ring, and turned to someone else.

Mr. Maryn had escaped and told me it was time to get out of there, because while Sigrid had been grabbing his crotch, someone else had their hands all over his ass--inside his Levi's.

I never found out whose husband he was, and I attended every company party until we married and moved away.

Maryn, who'd all but forgotten