PDA

View Full Version : What do you say on a regular basis?

rhymegirl
05-17-2005, 04:07 PM
What expression/line/question do you seem to say the most?

Mine seems to be: "Why do I have to do everything in this house?"

firehorse
05-17-2005, 04:13 PM
"Oy vey!" It's such a perfect expression for so many occasions.

JoeEkaitis
05-17-2005, 04:52 PM
"Holy crappioletti!"

I'm sure it doesn't mean anything in Italian. . .or any other non-English language. :)

Azure Skye
05-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Unfortunately, I can't write that here.

:rolleyes:

maestrowork
05-17-2005, 06:17 PM
"Crap!"

"I want to go out."

"I'm..." -- oh, I can't post this here. It's a family board.

mommie4a
05-17-2005, 06:23 PM
To my kids: "Get your bottom on the chair, please" (they LOVE to sit half on and half off)

To everyone else: "To be perfectly honest..."

gogoshire
05-17-2005, 06:25 PM
"Pardon me?"/"Could you repeat that?"/ "Say that again?"/"What?"

I'm a bit deaf. Quite a bit, in fact.

Lucky Penny
05-17-2005, 07:57 PM
To my kids, "Have you lost your mind?"

In general, "CRAP!" (But I need to stop that, my 2 year old likes that word now too)

PattiTheWicked
05-17-2005, 09:51 PM
(1) Is anyone listening to me?
(2) Stop acting like crazy people!
(3) See #1.

Sailor Kenshin
05-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Nani? (What)? :roll:

William Haskins
05-17-2005, 11:03 PM
"quit yer god damn starin' before i pluck out your stupid eyes with an icepick, y'bastard!"

rhymegirl
05-17-2005, 11:13 PM
That's an interesting one, William.

I also say (to the kids when I'm trying to write):

"Don't bother me unless the house is on fire."

William Haskins
05-17-2005, 11:15 PM
That's an interesting one, William.

i have a rather long commute.

Natalia
05-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Fairy Snuff for fair enough.
"Stop being an angerball"
"I'm snoopy dancing in my jammies"

maestrowork
05-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Oh, when I'm driving...

'a--hole!' or 'jerk'

Depending on my mood...

Solatium
05-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Well, lately I've been describing a lot of things as "swell as hell".

That's got to stop.

brokenfingers
05-17-2005, 11:54 PM
I suppose it depends on where I'm at.

At work I often say: "And I should care... why???"

When I'm out I often say: "How YOU doin'?"

SRHowen
05-18-2005, 12:04 AM
What . . . Huh? Etc---yeah I am a bit deaf--getting worse.

And

Don't even go there.

And

I should care, why?

Renee
05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
*s*h*i*t*
*f*u*c*k*

*Why do I have to do everything!*

*If I don't do it - it doesn't get done!*

rhymegirl
05-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Oh Renee, good call--I forgot about that one. "If I don't do it, it doesn't get done."

Celeste
05-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Well, lately it's been "F*ck off, Dan!".

Something else I say a lot is, "Yer outta' yer fricken' skull!" and "I'm tired of this sh*t!"

WVWriterGirl
05-18-2005, 12:34 AM
My favorite is, "Y'know what I'm sayin?" It seems I end every sentence I say with that. It annoys people. A lot.

My favorite frustrated phrase is "Well, f**k a duck". I try to avoid using it, but it comes out almost without me knowing it. It's like I can feel it coming out, but I'm helpless to stop it.

And, the old cliche, "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." I remind my 3 year old of this fact on a daily basis.

WVWG

Celeste
05-18-2005, 12:36 AM
Lol...I'm bad at saying "Y'know what I'm sayin'?" too!

Another I say a lot is, "I'm gonna' run away!"

BradyH1861
05-18-2005, 01:52 AM
I use the "f" word a lot at work.

When I was a rookie, my captain once used the "f" word 35 times in one sentence. I counted.

That's about the only word/phrase I use on a regular basis that I can think of.

Brady H.

Unique
05-18-2005, 02:03 AM
My favorite frustrated phrase is "Well, f**k a duck". I try to avoid using it, but it comes out almost without me knowing it. It's like I can feel it coming out, but I'm helpless to stop it.
Makes me wonder if we used to know each other. Me & the buds used to say this all the time.

WVWG

Now it's: 'And your point is...?'

Shiny_Penguin
05-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Any number of variations of "stop barking and get in here!" These dogs of mine drive me nuts.

And I find I'm becoming my mother. When my 7 yr old asks where his shoes are I usually say "Don't know. I didn't wear them recently."

I also like to torture my 7 yr old by asking him if he's joined the dark side yet. He gets all mad and I say, "But we have cookies..."

ritinrider
05-18-2005, 03:06 AM
"Life isn't fair", I started saying this to my kids, now I find myself saying it alot, sometimes to myself.

Another one I use often, "What color is the sky in your world?" "her world" if I'm talking about someone. My daughter got me started saying that one.

Nita

sharon
05-18-2005, 03:07 AM

WVWG

Omigod! It's universal! :)

I also say 'Holy crap'! 'What do you mean by that'? or 'What are you saying'?

My son says 'sup' a lot so I counter with 'snoo' or 'sappenin' or, when he leaves the house, 'slong'. That one usually cracks up his friends 'tho. Can't imagine why.

Renee
05-18-2005, 04:33 AM
There's also..........*uck me running* but saying that one gets far more attention than it's worthy of..so I try to contain myself when I get angry because typically that's my response to a messed up situation.

astonwest
05-18-2005, 05:19 AM
This one drives my wife bonkers: "Sucks to be you."

Strange, I'd always thought I picked it up from a friend of mine in college, until we were talking about it one day (years after), and he corrected me, and let me know that I'd in fact started it first...

And then when my wife says: "You're nuts..."
I respond with: "What about 'em?"

Celeste
05-18-2005, 05:25 AM
This one drives my wife bonkers: "Sucks to be you."

OMG! Lmao!! I used to say that all the time. :ROFL:

SRHowen
05-18-2005, 06:59 AM
my fav when I am tired and don't want to be doing something--

Are we having fun yet? And: Not a happy camper.

Funny how many of the saying on here I use--the f a duck one I used all the time in HS--haven't even thought about it for years. Oh and rat's a**

Lucky Penny
05-18-2005, 07:22 AM
When I'm driving and some idiot doesn't use his blinker it's "Nice blinker, butthead!"

To my kids, "No, lazybones! Do it yourself."

sgtsdaughter
05-18-2005, 07:42 AM
As a method of "self protection," I put on a whole lot of southernisims up here in Yankville. They are always brought on by "friends" lighting my fire. Seems they enjoy that.

F*ck will always be my favorite word.

Well, sh*t fer tomorrow."

"Bite me already."

"Christ on a throne" (picked that up from a Boston friend)

"You're killin' me! Killin' me." Picked that one up in New York too.

And to my college students that want to know why they have to turn in works cited pages, staple thier papers, print in black ink, adhere to deadlines, and yada yada yada--"Because I am the prof. I am past this class, you aren't."

And when they try to be sly and not talk during discussions--"I get paid to be here whether ya'll participate or not. Talk or be damned for the next hour and a half."

For the record--I am not known as a brutal prof, by any means. The kiddos tend to get over the fright after the first month when they realize that I'm damned laid back. :)

Liam Jackson
05-18-2005, 08:06 AM
I'm not a complex kinda guy. I've found that simple "Kiss my ***" covers most situations. :Thumbs:

Lucky Penny
05-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Any number of variations of "stop barking and get in here!"

hmmmmm.....for me it goes something like this "stop barking and get up" My kids are driving me nuts, pretending to be dogs! I already have 4 dogs, I really don't need two human dogs!

"Don't even think about it!" That's another favorite around my house.

mdmkay
05-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Favorite quips are.........get a grip....you've got to be kidding.....do I look stupid?.Don't answer that....my fav's are cuss words, in fact the kids scatter when mom comes in the door say sh#t on a f#cking duck, it's going to be one those days... Oh and I forgot my kids favorite of my sayings DON'T YOU EVEN THINK IT....or...Young man don't think you're the first one to think up that stunt, not only did we do it we did it alot better...without getting caught

mmm... pancakes
05-18-2005, 11:34 AM
"I love you."

I'm a sweetheart, really. (Honest. Why don't you believe me?)

Another one: "where's the maple syrup?"

Hell, I live in a non-English speaking country. I walk down the street and say WHATEVER I FEEL LIKE. I can comment on that man's height, that woman's bum, the booger hanging out of that kids nose. Why not? I know they do it me. I vividly remember a couple of women speculating as to the size of my member when I was out shopping one day. They seemed to be telling their friends quite knowledgably that Western men are better than the locals in the sack.

astonwest
05-18-2005, 03:07 PM
"Because I can!"
That reminded me of another one I tend to use when asked "why (did you do that)?"

"For the same reason a dog licks its own b***s..."

rhymegirl
05-18-2005, 05:00 PM
A variation of one of my expressions is: If I wanted to be a maid I wouldn't have gone to college.

hockeytaxi
05-18-2005, 05:36 PM
My favorite is, "Y'know what I'm sayin?" It seems I end every sentence I say with that. It annoys people. A lot.

WVWG

I didn't even know I said that until my sister freaked and pointed it out. Do you think that subconsciously we both believe we talk to stupid people?
:D

PattiTheWicked
05-18-2005, 06:34 PM
It occurs to me, after spending the entire morning trying to write, and only completing two pages thanks to the constant interruptions, that another phrase I use a lot is:

Don't bother me unless someone's bleeding or on fire.

triceretops
05-18-2005, 06:52 PM
You wanna' know something...

Doh!

Tri

Paint
05-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Sh*t on a shingle!!

Christ on a crutch!

My fav at work: Let's blow this popcorn stand!

You're telling me this because???...

Oh and I'm so through with you!!

Around children: Holy Crap!!

Around mother: Rats!!

trumancoyote
05-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I say "what the crap?" or "what the eff?" way too much.

And I also have a bad habit of yelling out "DO MAH BUNS!" when I'm hyper.

Yeah, yeah... I know.

gabbleandhiss
05-19-2005, 02:45 AM
". . . sucks a.s.s. with a straw"

"ya know"

"For the love of God."

"You're on crack."

inner dialogue: "Do I look like your lackey?"

astonwest
05-19-2005, 03:12 AM
"I don't know what the hell they're smoking..."

WVWriterGirl
05-19-2005, 05:48 AM
I didn't even know I said that until my sister freaked and pointed it out. Do you think that subconsciously we both believe we talk to stupid people?
:D

Yes. Yes I do.

*snicker*

WVWG

poetinahat
05-19-2005, 06:30 AM
"Pleased to meet you" (I like a bit of formality)

arrowqueen
05-20-2005, 02:48 AM
I really do say 'Och!' Stereotypical Scot? Moi?

Cassie88
05-20-2005, 03:59 AM
I had a friend whose mother was my mother's friend. When they would come over, my friend and I would get a notebook and keep track of how many times her mother would say, "ya know?" She'd say, "I'm not going to say it again...ya know?" By the 25th "ya know," we would be rolling on the floor.
Because I live alone, I talk to the TV a lot...I love to yell at the celebrities...
"NOBODY GIVES A F**K!!!"

rhymegirl
05-20-2005, 04:20 AM
I like that story, Cassie!

That reminds me of something that's happened in my house. My husband always asks my son if he can go on his video game system in his room. (Reason for asking: in case my son wants to go on there) He asks so often, it gets very predictable.

One day, before my husband came home from work, I said to my son, "I bet you that when dad comes home this is exactly what he'll do. First, he'll go change his clothes. Next, he'll go find something to eat. Then, he'll come in this room and say, "Can I go on your game system?"

Sure enough, that's exactly what he did! In that order. My son and I looked at each other when he asked that question and laughed our heads off.

Celeste
05-20-2005, 05:03 AM
...I talk to the TV a lot...I love to yell at the celebrities...
"NOBODY GIVES A F**K!!!"

Hilarious! :ROFL:

rhymegirl
05-20-2005, 05:33 AM
Actually, Cassie, I gotta admit I sometimes say that to the TV, too.

brokenfingers
05-20-2005, 05:41 AM
LOL! That must be a common thing. I find myself saying that in my mind all the time when I see or hear some of the things that come from my TV.

Must be why I hardly watch it...

PattiTheWicked
05-20-2005, 07:07 AM
LOL! That must be a common thing. I find myself saying that in my mind all the time when I see or hear some of the things that come from my TV.

I rarely watch television, because I think about 80% of the shows that are on are just stupid. Of the other 20%, only a few interest me.

Just for fun, I like to hit the mute button on my remote, and make up new dialogue for the characters on tv. You wouldn't beleive some of the conversations we've had Monica and Phoebe have when Rachel left the room.

Cabria
05-20-2005, 07:16 AM
"Doesn't anyone else in this house know how to put the toilet paper on the holder besides me??!!" Then I sarcastically proceed to demonstrate this highly difficult and complicated task to my husband and kids. They just love that....

Deb :rolleyes:

brokenfingers
05-20-2005, 07:26 AM
"Doesn't anyone else in this house know how to put the toilet paper on the holder besides me??!!" Then I sarcastically proceed to demonstrate this highly difficult and complicated task to my husband and kids. They just love that....

Deb :rolleyes:
Mom?

Is that you?!

T42
05-20-2005, 07:52 AM
That's what I say a lot!:) Just dropped in to say that the next time I post will be from the Hill Country. Yeah! Getting out of Houston...whoohoo Drop by and see me at my place sometime. (Linked Below)
Hugs to all,
Mem

Celeste
05-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Yeah! Getting out of Houston...whoohoo Drop by and see me at my place sometime. (Linked Below)
Hugs to all,
Mem

Way cool! "The Hippie Hangout" and "A Trip through the 60s" sounds fun! Maybe, I'll stop by and see ya! http://bestsmileys.com/peace/1.gif

Cabria
05-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Mom?

Is that you?!

Yes bf, it's me!! Now, did you remember to leave the toilet seat down? - there are girls in this house too you know! And don't forget to take out the garbage!

"M"

eldragon
05-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Nothing nice.

Let's see - "If you two don't stop fighting, you're both grounded!" (to my daughters).

"Katie! Stop that!" (to my German Shepherd who licks herself all night long if you let her .....creating grotesque noises.

"Karluk! Go to bed!" (to my Great Pyranees who likes to stand in front of the sliding glass door in my bedroom - to see if he can see raccoons outside and start barking, thus waking the whole house up).

"Hi Tiger!" (In a funny voice, to my favorite kitty - Tiger).

"Hi guys!" (to my rats, who have a cage in my office.)

"Do you know where the trash is?" (To my daughter Nina who likes to throw wrappers on the floor for the magic fairy to pick up - AKA ME.)

"Get your swimsuit on!" To my daughter Nina who is on the swim team 3 times a week and drags her feet every single time .....but won't leave when its over.

And the mundane list goes on and on and on and ...........you get the picture?

Hey, its a fascinating life, but someone has to lead it.

Celeste
05-20-2005, 11:02 PM
"Katie! Stop that!" (to my German Shepherd who licks herself all night long if you let her .....creating grotesque noises.

Ugh! Doesn't that drive you insane! My dogs do that too. It drives me mad. Disgusting!

eldragon
05-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Absolutely does. God, the squelching, slurping and licking ......goes on for hours.

(I hope the kids can't hear us).

arrowqueen
05-22-2005, 04:32 AM
I really must stop saying:

'Arrgh! Don't do that! You'll go blind' when people say they're going to buy one of my books.

This is probably not a good idea.

In future I shall say:

'Good idea. And how about buying one for your Granny's Christmas present?'

Kida Adelyne
05-22-2005, 05:11 AM
-Hullo Pika/Piko (To my bird or rat, respectivly)

-How am I supposed to do my homework If I don't understand it in the first
place (In my head to my math teacher)

-Bloody Hell

-You have food in your dish (to my great lump of a cat)

-Don't ask me, I don't know the answer

-Because Purple socks make roses grow (I say this to the kids I teach cello
when they ask me a question that begins with 'why'.)

-Well suck out my brain and call me an ork (used to say a lot, but don't
anymore)

Maryn
05-23-2005, 08:30 PM
We say "Mom, Dad, Bud, and Sis" when we mean the entire family. The configuration works for us, but we say it when we mean any entire family.

In the effort not to use words we didn't want to hear from the mouths of our sweet young children, I called people who do stupid and/or inconsiderate things "blowfish"--until that Hootie guy totally ruined it for me. They then became "dinkdorfers." Both words are still used for the stupid or rude, along with the words they once replaced, around our house.

As you might guess, dinkdorfers generally display dumbassitude.

Maryn

Renee
05-24-2005, 06:58 AM
Other series of rash common comments I make:

WTF! *Not abbreviated, of course, snickers*

My life is an acid bath! *on the really, really bad days..*hehe..

I at times talk 'like a sailor,' what can I say? I'm passionate!

So sue me!