PDA

View Full Version : Objective Opinions Please (not writing related).

pconsidine
12-31-2008, 12:01 AM
So a while ago, I joined an online photography critique forum and after a little while, the group's founder asked if I would mind being a moderator. I said sure. Unfortunately, she's now disappeared and a whole mess of old feuds have bubbled back up again, so there's been a lot of putting out fires recently.

All of which is just background for the real question:

In the course of a conversation with one of the more troublesome members, I made the comment that the group wasn't so desperate for members that we needed to make allowances for a new member who had made it clear he didn't intend to follow the rules. He said that meant I wasn't fit to be a moderator (among other things).

I know I'm being too sensitive about it, but who's the crackpot here? I'm leaning toward the other guy, so I'm just looking for some backup.

Tanks.

TrainofThought
12-31-2008, 12:10 AM
The other guy. Don't sweat it. I'm always right.

Lock thread.

DeleyanLee
12-31-2008, 12:15 AM
I'll back you up. The forum has rules and a mod's duties is to enforce those rules. The only one who can tell you different is the site owner/admin.

Been there. Done that. Glad not to have the t-shirt anymore.

Yeshanu
12-31-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm agreed with ToT.

pconsidine
12-31-2008, 12:17 AM
Phew.

Though I do find it funny that I'm turning to a bunch of strangers on the Internet to help me because some other stranger on the Internet is bugging me. Ahhh...technology.

Beach Bunny
12-31-2008, 12:25 AM
Unless there is a valid reason (and I can't think of one) allowances shouldn't be made for someone who comes in and states they aren't going to follow the rules. I assume the TOS includes following the rules of the board.

Been there. Done that. Don't want another t-shirt. thankyouverymuch

Fenika
12-31-2008, 01:02 AM
Hehe, one of my beloved forums turned me into a mod without permission years ago. I ran screaming within a month. I was there to enjoy, not moderate. Jerks ;)

So my advice is to run. Very helpful, I know, but why worry about someone else's problem?

robeiae
12-31-2008, 01:23 AM
You're so wrong, it's scary pcon.

And I'm not the other member.

pconsidine
12-31-2008, 01:52 AM
So my advice is to run. Very helpful, I know, but why worry about someone else's problem?That has been my thought all day. I mean, if they want to sit around and fling poo at each other like chimpanzees, my only responsibility is to not get any on me.

Oh well.