200 wd Mystery Stories for 3rd graders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reece10

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

The correct URL is www.rempub.com The site is Remedia Publications and if you you look at the home page on Featured Products you'll see the mini mystery collection - not that you can read anything though!

I sent a submission - just incase and to see what happens -no I don't know how much they pay, but for a 200 word mystery - it's worth finding out. Plus I found it was a challenging writing experience.

I'll keep you posted

Reece

kaywinslow

Anybody get a reply from these guys yet? I also submitted, but they didn't give any indication how long they'll take.

bestseller

Registered
Reaction score
I sent them my usual introductory letter and quickly put together a 200 word mystery. Very challenging! But I got a letter from them saying they got it and are going through all the letters they received.

bestseller

Registered
Reaction score
Kay, went and dug in my email for the letter -- here it is incase anyone else wants to send something in before the deadline.

Thank you for your interest in our call for writers of short mysteries for third graders.

At this time our Product Development Team will be reviewing all the writing samples that have been submitted and contacting writers that we feel will fit best within the scope of this project. Payment pertaining to this writing assignment will be discussed with authors who are directly contacted by our Project Supervisor.

All samples will be kept on file for one year to review as new projects are developed in the future.

If you have not yet submitted a sample of your writing style, our submission deadline is now May 31, 2005. Please be sure to copy & paste your submission into the body of an email.

Thank you.

kaywinslow

Reece, Bestseller, I was wondering if you ever submitted anything. After a pretty long wait, I got a message saying that they liked my writing sample, and inviting me to submit more by July 15. They offered $250 for anything they liked, so I wrote and submitted several. I haven't gotten any confirmation on my submission, so of course I'm convinced that I sent it to my sister or they went out of business or something like that.

So, getting around to my actual question, has anybody heard any reply from submissions they made for the July 15 deadline?

MaryB

I was also asked to submit some stories which I did by June 15, but I haven't heard anything back either.

Status
Not open for further replies.