2nd US Civil War: 2010?

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
Russian Social Scientist, as reported by the WSJ, has predicted the disintigration of the US into 6 splinter nations that would fall under the dominance of current foreign powers.

Mr. Panarin posits, in brief, that mass immigration, economic decline, and moral degradation will trigger a civil war next fall and the collapse of the dollar. Around the end of June 2010, or early July, he says, the U.S. will break into six pieces -- with Alaska reverting to Russian control.

And, here's the map:

P1-AO116_RUSPRO_NS_20081228191715.gif

Personally, I find his break down to be very flawed, and shows a lack of understanding of US cultural boundaries.

I mean, Oklahoma joining with Texas? Seriously? Clearly he's never heard of the Red River Rivalry.

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
Oops read that wrong. Dammit.

Or it'll we'll form our own countries or it'll end like the last one. Keep your grubby hands off.

Russian Social Scientist, as reported by the WSJ, has predicted the disintigration of the US into 6 splinter nations that would fall under the dominance of current foreign powers.

And, here's the map:

P1-AO116_RUSPRO_NS_20081228191715.gif

Personally, I find his break down to be very flawed, and shows a lack of understanding of US cultural boundaries.

I mean, Oklahoma joining with Texas? Seriously? Clearly he's never heard of the Red River Rivalry.

Last edited:

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
If civil war and a complete collapse of the U.S. happened, I can buy into this map's breakdown. OK would join with TX, it'd join with the new country with Mexican influence.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
The whole thing's a laugh riot. I think the problem lies with his view that the U.S. is somehow very similar to the U.S.S.R. That and he clearly knows next to nothing about economics.

Then there's the whole military angle. If the U.S. did break up, one carrier attack group is all most of these regions would need to bring their posited masters under their control. I mean seriously, give the Texans free reign and few ships and they won't stop 'til they hit Brazil.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Crap. I need to move. I'm too close to the border with those Euro-lover types.

What a crock of bull. Sounds like the Russians are spending more money on stupid 'studies' than we are.

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
I'm laughing at all of you who are "under the influence..."

Seriously though, can I trade you my Kentucky for either Ohio or New Mexico?

(ETA) Wait--now I know where I've seen this before--those "researchers" didn't even crack a spine: this is a Risk game board!

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
What a joke. Don't see it happening, or if it did it sure wouldn't end up with those divisions. KY and TN as part of the east coast? Yeah, right.

And rob... where's the link to that quote of mine?

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
If we had a civil war...and all states joined in....how would you know what side you were on and why? I mean what are we going to fight about? Say New Jersey starts saying they want to be European? Why fight them? Just build a wall around them and tell Brussels "it's your problem now."

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Pffffffffft. As if Kentucky and Tennessee would ally themselves with Maine and New Hampshire! Are you kidding me? Seriously?

*makes note to send Russian scientist a history of the Civil War*

Realistically, considering the manufacturing base and economic makeup of the state of Ohio, it would go with the Euro-lovers while Kentucky and Tennessee are more likely to run off with the Texas Republic. Under Mexican influence? yeeeeee-ah. Right.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I also think it would be more urban/rural than strictly by state.

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
Fellow National Guard members: do not heed propaganda to the effect that the war is over, or that we have reached an alliance of some sort with those subhumans across the border.

Keep fighting!

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
If we had a civil war...and all states joined in....how would you know what side you were on and why? I mean what are we going to fight about? Say New Jersey starts saying they want to be European? Why fight them? Just build a wall around them and tell Brussels "it's your problem now."
I've advocated giving DC and most of the east coast back to the British for a long time. :roll:

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I remember hearing that after WWI, someone in Russia suggested coming after the US, because we were so strong. The premier I guess at the time said, "no. Give them enough time, they'll destroy themselves." It's not impossible, just unlikely.

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
I remember hearing that after WWI, someone in Russia suggested coming after the US, because we were so strong. The premier I guess at the time said, "no. Give them enough time, they'll destroy themselves." It's not impossible, just unlikely.

When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use.
Joseph Stalin