How do you take your water?

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Bottled water? Sink faucet filtration? Pitcher? Straight from the tap?

What kind of water do you drink, and why?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Tap water, no ice. Why? Because the ice makes me cold.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I pour it down my throat.

ha ha.

But seriously, I use bottled water. Usually Poland Spring.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Straight from the tap.

Or technically, from the tap into a Tupperware cup.

Then from the cup to my mouth.

-Derek

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
Straight out of the tap on ice, because the Clean Water Regulations requires that the water coming out of the tap be safe to drink AND it tastes fine. If it didn't taste good, then I would filter it.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Brita Pitcher. I never realized what crap my water was until I got that pitcher.

I still use tap for Kool-Aid, iced tea, coffee, and cooking, but for straight drinking water, it's Brita all the way.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Bottled water? Sink faucet filtration? Pitcher? Straight from the tap?

What kind of water do you drink, and why?

For the coffee pot, tap. Drinking fresh, has to be bottled. Nothing fancy, just spring or drinking water from the grocer. Tap grosses me out. Can't explain it. Just don't like that it's comin' from down in the ground, through some pipe.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We have to boil our tap water first if we want to drink it. Might be little critters in there.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
Bottled. My favorite is Fiji, but I usually cut costs and go with Crystal Geyser.
Why? Because I don't like the taste of tap water and I like the convenience of the bottles.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I usually use my 3-gallon tabletop water cooler, but since I've tried to eliminate BPA from everything else, I'm feeling hypocritical and think it's time to eliminate the BPA-leeching 3-gallon jug I've been using for... um... years. (Yeah, I just rinse it out every time I refill it with Poland Springs.)

It seems like there are drawbacks to every type of filtration system, though, and I'm just inexplicably grossed out by straight tap. I'm thinking the Brita pitcher may be my next step, but o! How I will miss my hot water dispenser for tea and coffee and instant soup. Then I'll have to microwave it, which is probably just as harmful as the BPA I'm trying to avoid.

Ya just can't win, I tell ya.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tap. My water is good enough to do that.

nevada

Registered
Reaction score
Just don't like that it's comin' from down in the ground, through some pipe.

Jennifer, I hate to break it to you, especially so close to christmas, but how do you think they get the water in the bottles? They don't actually fill them up at the spring you know. It comes through some pipe, from down in the ground. And a lot of bottled water is just tap water, that's filtered or processed through reverse osmosis. Nothing fancy.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
...my city is renowned for it's great tastin' tap :) so I go for that. It's easy on the wallet, too.

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
I usually use my 3-gallon tabletop water cooler, but since I've tried to eliminate BPA from everything else, I'm feeling hypocritical and think it's time to eliminate the BPA-leeching 3-gallon jug I've been using for... um... years. (Yeah, I just rinse it out every time I refill it with Poland Springs.)

It seems like there are drawbacks to every type of filtration system, though, and I'm just inexplicably grossed out by straight tap. I'm thinking the Brita pitcher may be my next step, but o! How I will miss my hot water dispenser for tea and coffee and instant soup. Then I'll have to microwave it, which is probably just as harmful as the BPA I'm trying to avoid.

Ya just can't win, I tell ya.

The BPA is why I've been considering a Brita also. My problem is that I drink so much water. I keep a gallon jug with me at all times and I drink right from the jug. Not very lady like, I know. But it's my way of making sure I get most of the gallon down each day.
I suppose I could keep a pitcher of Brita water with me and just pour it in a glass. *Sigh*