Questions about cocaine use

Reaction score
I hope it's okay to post this as I'll be asking some intimate questions here.

Next month...well, that's in only three days!...I'll be making an attempt to add to a half-baked 60k WIP I have on my hard drive for JaNoWriMo.

A number of my characters do coke; I, however, never have, although I'll admit to some curiosity about it. So much for 'write what you know'.

They use it recreationally; it's kind of a background thing. Not the main aspect of their personalities. If it's important, they're female, in their mid-twenties and treat coke like something they do here and there, just for fun. One gets involved with a younger man who's never done coke before, which leads to a couple of questions:

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the rush feels like if it's your first time, and how this would vary if you're an experienced user? How long it takes to hit, the sensations, etc?

Also - how would cocaine affect a young man's ability to achieve and maintain an erection? How long would he...*ahem*...be able to go on for, and would he still be able to have an orgasm?

Funny...most of the time I can derail with the best of 'em and make rude jokes, but when it comes down to asking serious questions I get a bit iffy about it. Anyway. If anyone would prefer to answer privately, feel free to PM me. Understandable, given that the chapters I'm researching involve both intimate and illegal activities.

Maybe for my next WIP I'll just have them drink a lot of vodka and smoke pot. Now that's something I know about. ;)

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My friend Jeff always referred to coke as "the sex drug." Apparently it enhanced his ability to become aroused and stay that way, often for longer than the girlfriend-of-the-week cared for him to be.

Me, I've got lifelong sinus problems and my doctors have made a point of telling me coke was a terrible idea if I liked breathing through my nose at all.

Maryn, who liked weed

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
What Jeff said.

Not that I have any experience, just things I heard. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Perhaps someone could ask Jeff how long he was able to hold off before he...um...finished?

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
A college friend used it, and one night she came to my dorm room with huge, wild eyes, jittery, talking 10X faster than her usual self--totally freaked out. I though she had a humongous fight with her BF. Nope--she and her BF had just snorted coke. She had the munchies to the Nth degree, and I gave her what I had, which was half a box of gingersnaps. She talked about those gingersnaps for an entire semester: said they saved her life.

Eek.

Her BF was the lead singer of a punk rock group (this was in 1983-4). Part of his act was to slit his wrist with a razor blade and invite someone in the audience to come and suck the blood. IIRC, he snorted coke before this to work himself up to the wrist-slashing.

Ah, the 80s, when AIDS was a mere whisper on the edges of society.

Eek.

Reaction score
Hmm. Well my characters just plan on making the beast with two backs, but I'm glad I started this thread. Could lead to some very interesting stories.

I must say, you folks all have some intriguing 'friends'. ;)

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
A few quirks:

You never forget the taste. Ever. Even if you were a casual user, years later the taste of cocaine will come back to you in the back of the throat and instantly you know exactly what it is.

The rush doesn't feel like a rush until you've been rushing for an hour or so.

You can smell what ever substance it was cut with as you snort it. kerosene is the worst.

Sex drug? Absolutely--a guy can go forever, to the point of, "Hello--this isn't fun any more. Thanks." Cocaine makes a woman very dry. So sex ends up being ungratifying in a lot of ways.

The morning after, btw, is the worst morning after ever. sinus infections are no fun, right? heh. multiply that by about forty. most habitual coke users carry sinus spray constantly.

Celina--who has tried lots of things in her life and isn't ashamed to admit it.

Reaction score
I don't even know anything about cutting coke. I may PM some folks.

What's a standard substance for it to be cut with, if that's not a total loser question?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting. I've never heard of coke inducing the munchies. Weed, sure. ("Wow, is that broccoli? Can I have some?")

I have long since lost touch with Jeff, but as I recall, a real-world, non-exaggerated half hour of intercourse (following probably a similar amount of foreplay because it was so interesting) was typical. If the lady also partakes, lubrication is needed. She can also "ingest' coke through any mucous membrane which just happens to be exposed.

Maryn, who'd have begged for a break

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
They use it recreationally; it's kind of a background thing. Not the man aspect of their personalities. If it's important, they're female, in their mid-twenties and treat coke like something they do here and there, just for fun. One gets involved with a younger man who's never done coke before, which leads to a couple of questions:

I'll say one thing. For many people, it's very hard for coke to be a "here and there, just for fun" thing. For some people, it's possible. Make sure your characters generally don't have an addictive personality and tend to be fairly strong-willed for it to come off as believable, though.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the rush feels like if it's your first time, and how this would vary if you're an experienced user? How long it takes to hit, the sensations, etc?

Err...as with most drugs it really varies from person to person.

If you want a "write what you know," the best advice I can suggest without trying it is to go out and take a few caffeine pills until you're so jittery you can't sit still and you find it impossible to do anything slowly.

Depending on a variety of factors, down to the the shape of your nostrils, it can hit in anything from a few minutes to much longer than that. I'd say five to twenty minutes for most, depending on how much you do. The feeling is hard to describe.

Oh, I can tell you one thing--it hurts. Your nose hurts afterward. After snorting anything, really. You get used to it, though. And the drip sucks. In the back of your throat, when whatever isn't absorbed drips down with mucus, as celina mentioned, tastes horrible. If you're OCD or just neurotic, this can be very unpleasant.

Also - how would cocaine affect a young man's ability to achieve and maintain an erection? How long would he...*ahem*...be able to go on for, and would he still be able to have an orgasm?

Achieve and maintain? Generally, no problem. But a long, long time. Orgasm questionable--whatever works better for your plot ;) Either way it'll be believable.

I don't even know anything about cutting coke. I may PM some folks.

What's a standard substance for it to be cut with, if that's not a total loser question?

Cutting it with vicodin is abnormally pleasurable. I can't imagine most drug dealers would be that nice, though. More often it's something like baking soda.

Feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
A couple of sidenotes to coke use: people who are on coke grit their teeth a lot and clinch their jaws tight: reason being your teeth/gums get slightly numb. THe taste lasts a really long time in the back of the throat. Users will swallow a lot clearing that passage.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
A great source for first-person accounts of drug use is erowid.org.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Wow..thanks SP for asking about this. Never done any of it and this information has been most eye opening. (With my allergies this would be a real let down.)

Reaction score
Thanks for your help everyone. I have a PM or two to read, so will look over this thread again and probably ask a few more questions when it comes time to write the relevant chapters.

I don't know why these two characters have decided to do coke, but there you go...they have minds of their own.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
A great source for first-person accounts of drug use is erowid.org.

Thanks for posting this. I needed info on cocaine and heroin. (SP--I might hijack your thread with a question or two of my own later.)

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
Hmm. For me the rush always hit very quickly, and I don't remember it being any less good later times than it did the first time. It does sting a bit when you first snort it, but immediately after that your nostrils and especially your sinuses numb out--at least they do if the coke is any good. ;)

And yeah, I've never heard of anyone getting munchies from coke--but perhaps if she'd been doing it all night and had come down, actually, yeah; she could very well have been starving. Food is the last thing on your mind when you're speeding like that, but after, it's like you've been doing a light jog all night on no fuel! It is somewhat similar to a caffeine rush but so generally--at least at first--without the jitters and tension. Coke highs feel good, physically and mentally. Like the whole world is sparkling, and you are the sparkliest of all, thin and beautiful and special.

The initial rush doesn't last very long; half an hour, forty minute tops. Then you want more. You totally, totally want MORE. Two people could go through half a gram in one night, easy. And if it's a guy and a girl, yeah, they very probably will want to have some sex at some point--at least, they will *after* the initial rush has faded, because during the initial rush all you want to do is talk. And smoke cigarettes, if you smoke. But yes, sex on any kind of speed is good, and you can go forever, but that's the problem--it takes forever for anyone to finish.

I've known lots of people with fairly addictive personalities who were able to take or leave coke, myself included. Because of the chattiness of it, it's not necessarily practical as an everyday drug, and it's not always easy to get.

Oh, and Mscelina is so right about the morning after. Especially if you were drinking alcohol too, it's bad. Your sinuses are totally clogged with what feels like dust, your head pounds, your body feels mummified it's so dry, you feel gritty and, if you have nervous habits which have been exacerbated all night, you could very well have sore muscles.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Just popping in, as I've never done coke and only went by what my friend told me so long ago. She said she'd been doing coke, and it could've been a long night of it. She was into extremes and breaking rules and living on the edge. And she was *starving* when she showed up at my door.

FWIW. :)

Tsu Dho Nimh

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. Well my characters just plan on making the beast with two backs, but I'm glad I started this thread. Could lead to some very interesting stories.

Um ... he may be unable to orgasm, last way longer than she is comfortable with, and end up in the bathroom making love alone.

It enhances erection but not necessarily orgasm.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
regarding the munchies, it may be more a level of energy thing than a hunger thing. So much happening so fast in the brain, you feel the need for your body to move quickly, too, so food might be more about putting in and chewing than anything. (and it probably stills that teeth grinding thing a bit too.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Teeth-grinding means one particular thing won't be happening in that chapter.

I'm assuming when it comes to a woman's sexual 'performance' for want of a better word, it would have much the same effect on her as it would on her lover, in that there would be heightened sensation but a delay in 'finishing', perhaps?

Although going by a few rep points and PMs I've had today, it seems some women find coke use in the bedroom immensely satisfying...

You dirty lot.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I'm assuming when it comes to a woman's sexual 'performance' for want of a better word, it would have much the same effect on her as it would on her lover, in that there would be heightened sensation but a delay in 'finishing', perhaps?

That's how it always was for me, anyway.

Reaction score
Everyone's help is going to make the acknowledgements/dedications page of this novel a mass of 'anons' and 'you know who you ares'...