I fell down a flight of stairs today.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
At about 9am this morning, I fell down a flight of stairs and landed on a concrete floor. I was heading down into the basement of my brother's house and my feet slipped out from under me. When I picked myself up, tunnel vision hit and I broke out into a very hot sweat. Falling down a flight of stairs was a first for me. Hopefully, it will also be a last.

So far, I don't think I suffered too much damage. Apparently, I didn't break my neck and none of my extremities ended up being wrapped around my throat. There is a good deal of bruising to my right wrist and my derrière. How I managed to land upright on my keister is beyond me.

Although the ordeal turned out to be a literal pain in the a**, I am amazed that I'm not dead. Too bad Christmas is already over or I'd give people the gift of taking out an AD&D Insurance policy on me.

Self Hazardously Yours,
Gehanna

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
First, I'm glad you're okay.

Second, your title line made me giggle.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, Gehanna, sure glad you're alright. Sure sorry that happened though. Gentle ((((((HUGS)))))).

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I had caught myself on camera. It must have been quite a sight. lol

This is the second, could-have-been-fatal, fall I've had this year. I don't even drink! Maybe I should start. :Shrug:Sheesh

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
From one accident-prone writer to another, I empathise with you. Obviously you're a surviver but don't test your luck too far.

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I hate to be a downer, but you'll know if you're injury free when you wake up in the morning. God bless, hope you're alright.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch, Gehanna. Glad you landed on the...um...proper end. :) Hopefully you iced the wrist and whatever else needed it. Hematomas (hot, painful swelling due to internal bruising/bleeding) can cause internal scarring and adhesions (spoken from plenty of experience falling on the ice during workouts :eek:). Take care, lady.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Falls down steps usually don't end well.

LOL, there's a pun in that. :D

I am getting a little concerned about my hips and tail bone. The last time I had a bone density scan, it showed some osteopenia in my hips. As Captshady pointed out, I'll know if I am injury free in the morning. I have a 4 hour class to teach tomorrow. I've never taught from a stretcher before but, then again, that would simply be another first for me. LOL

Sincerely,
Gehanna

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you're okay.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
It would be my luck to end up suffering from a cerebral contusion or some other form of brain damage though the point of impact was at my fanny. :e2moon:

Perhaps I should have someone keep a close eye on me for any signs of normalcy.

:D,
Gehanna

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
That depends. Do you have any Xanax? You'll need them for your nerves if you hang out with me for long.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry for the fall, G. If anything seems out of kilter tomorrow, best to get yourself checked out. Heal fast.

Disa

Registered
Reaction score
Website
disawylde.wordpress.com
Oh, I'm so sorry this has happened. Take care of yourself and be sure to let us know how you feel tomorrow.

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Been there and done that. And I was home alone. I laid there for a while taking inventory before I decided to get up. Now I am fanatic about hanging on to the railing.

MM

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry! It sucks it happened. I feel your pain. Not literally of course. But, I took eight years of ballet lessons (graceful image coming to mind? - well wait now...), I did gymnastics for years as well and could do a back walk over or an aerial front walk over and land on the beam. Yeah? That four inch beam. Wow! Huh? Truth be known?

I trip over lint. I mostly fall UP stairs not down them (though I do that also).

I feel for you. Hope all checks out well in the AM!

Christine

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I fell, down 6 steps, dressed in a Santa Suit. When I tried to get back up, I saw that my foot was connected to my leg by only flesh (it sure was dangly) and pointing 180 degrees the wrong way. I fear stairs now!

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Too bad Christmas is already over or I'd give people the gift of taking out an AD&D Insurance policy on me.
AD&D insurance? Does it cover you for orc attacks and magical damage?

Someone tell me I'm not the only one geeky enough to get that...

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
Ow!Ow!Ow! Glad you didn't break any bones. Take good care of yourself. Unfortunately you'll likely feel worse about the third day. My husband and son have suffered many injuries and that seems to be the magic number.