PDA

View Full Version : Cry me a bayou (a writing prompt)

WireHair
12-27-2008, 11:18 AM
A writing prompt based on lyrics by Tricky. It's not exactly a game, but the song is stuck in my head. I've got to distract myself; hopefully this inspires you. I'll be back to read all of your entries :) Looking forward to it.

Someone talk to me now / Energy won't move me / Oceans won't soothe me / You love it when I'm leaving / Cry me a bayou / When I'm leaving / You love it when I'm leaving...Mine is just a slice-of-life type thing, but feel free to write whatever you wish.

I can't see out of the bus windows. My breath adds to the frost on the glass. I refuse to let the rattling seats shake all my nervous energy out. Today, I'll tell her. I'm moving away.

I don't think she cares; my stuff is already gone. She had to have noticed. Now, she can ask her newest lover to move in. I bet she already has.

On the sidewalk in front of the apartment, my breath clouds clear to reveal her steady gaze. How dare she act innocent.

StephanieFox
12-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Move. Move. Get your vehicle out of my way.
Move. Move. There's no one coming, there's plenty of time.
So much room, so much time.
Your signal's blinking, as bright as day.
You finally turned, but look what you did.
You made me miss the light.

Is this what you mean?

WireHair
12-28-2008, 01:32 AM
You can write whatever you want to, it doesn't have to be in any sort of form :)