Book Signings in your area

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I found a book shop in Phoenix that caters to Crime Writers and look at the neat book signings they have coming up. I will be going tomorrow to meet Michael Connelly.

What I found interesting with this site was that all the publishers of these folks are listed. (prices too) It's kind of like having a starting place for crime publishers.

Those of you that live in large cities no doubt have someplace like this with many authors stopping by. I'm looking forward to meeting some of these folks and gleaning some insight from them.

Just wanted to share and give you some ideas of where to look in your own areas.

Have a great day....

http://www.poisonedpen.com/

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'm jealous! Sunday I wasn't feeling so hot and I spent the whole day with Connelly, reading "Chasing the Dime." I liked it a lot, and would love to meet him.

My city's metro area isn't small, but it's the smaller of two cities only a hour apart, so the big-name authors (and musicians, and traveling exhibits of every kind) tend to go there rather than here. We're fortunate to have some excellent local authors who do signings here, but it's always the same dozen names.

Got a guest room?

Maryn

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
There's always room in my cave....:popcorn:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, that sounds good. Last time I went to Colossal Cave, I found a $20 bill, dutifully turned it in, and when nobody'd claimed it by the time my tour ended, got it back. Usually visiting caves is not a money-making deal--and now to learn you have room in your cave? Awesome... Uh, you do have lights in there, right? For a suspense writer, I'm not at ease with total darkness.

Maryn

katdad

Registered curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.waas.us
Our Houston Chronicle, sad rag that it is, does a good job of listing the authors on tour.

We have a very well known bookstore that specializes in mystery, "Murder by the Book" and they also have a good record of letting everyone know who's coming to town.

Recently I attended signings by Robert Parker and Robert Crais.

Thankfully Houston's large enough that all the tours stop here.

Speaking of tours, I'm getting my Rolling Stones tickets this week. They do Houston Dec 1st. I figure it's incumbent on me to patronize a band who are my age...