PDA

View Full Version : So what did Santa bring you for Christmas?

rhymegirl
12-26-2008, 04:23 AM
Books? Toys? Music? Games? Sexy lingerie?

WendyNYC
12-26-2008, 05:02 AM
Some clothes, which was a huge risk for my husband to pick out, but he actually did a fine job. Several books I wanted, including White Tiger--it's amazing so far. The Nintendo Brain Age game (my brain is 26, not too bad).

I told my husband not to buy very much this year and NO jewelry because a) I already have plenty and b) I'm picky.

Pretty good, overall.

Yeshanu
12-26-2008, 05:25 AM
My daughter made me a doll. :)

My son bought me a complete set of Beethoven sonatas, and one of Beethoven piano concertos. Plus chocolates.

Got a cell phone from my ex, and a calendar from my youngest son.

Oh, and a brand new double bed from my parents.

All in all, very good. :)

astonwest
12-26-2008, 05:44 AM
Books? Toys? Music? Games? Sexy lingerie?
Between my wife and I, the potential for all of the above.

sheadakota
12-26-2008, 05:50 AM
A One carot diamond solitare necklace.
Yeah my honey did Goood!

a little back ground- I just finished putting him through two years of school- he started a new job job in December and just got a 7$/ Hour pay raise-

MaryMumsy
12-26-2008, 07:18 AM
We tend to go for the practical. I got a new AIO (all-in-one) copier/fax/scanner/printer. My old copier was starting to make death rattle noises. We are sharing the new faucet for the kitchen sink. Better than 2001 when I got a new toilet.

MM

Kitty Pryde
12-26-2008, 07:29 AM
I got an extreeemely fuzzy new fleece jacket, two copies of "Desserts By The Yard" by Sherry Yard (oops! one of them has to go back!), and all 9 Torchwood novels. I'm spending the weekend warm wearing fuzzy fleece and reading! A new little laptop is in the mail and will soon be mine!

Snowstorm
12-26-2008, 07:45 AM
A handmade knife with the handle made from an old deer antler found in our 120+ year old barn. Nice!

Appalachian Writer
12-26-2008, 07:52 AM
I got a pair of earrings, a sweater, and some white, fuzzy gloves. My favorite? The gloves. Purchase price less than $5.00. The giver? My granddaughter, also 5--five years old that is. She said she bought them so I could keep my hands warm when I drive. :D

MoonWriter
12-26-2008, 09:02 AM
A camouflage cap with two built in lights from my M-I-L. I guess she's hinting for more grandchildren.

Yeshanu
12-26-2008, 09:36 AM
A camouflage cap with two built in lights from my M-I-L. I guess she's hinting for more grandchildren.

I'm really trying to figure this one out. What's the good of a camouflage cap (meant to hide you) with lights (which reveal your location?)

And what does this have to do with more grandchildren?

Also, to the OP: I notice you didn't post what *you* got for Christmas... :D

Mythical Tiger
12-26-2008, 10:35 AM
I got a computar for my room[yes!Now I can type in solitude:D]
A electric guitar
Almost 40 books[thick]
A lot of jewelry/clothes/makeup
Fuzzy eskimo shoes/slippers
Cotton candy
A lot of gum[it helps me think]
A new horse blanket
Horse supplies
a lot of gift cards to different stores
And hair stuff.

All in all a great Christmas and hope you guys had one too!:Hug2:

RunawayScribe
12-26-2008, 11:22 AM
A new harddrive to back up my compy and put my mind at ease for good. Yeah, baby :D Other than that, a couple books from my family, music from my boyfriend, and a few checks, gift cards, and odds and ends from various friends and family (a pair of earrings, some chocolate, etc.).

JoeEkaitis
12-26-2008, 11:26 AM
A Showtime Rotisserie, a pair of Rachael Ray knives, a garlic peeler, a canister of caramel apple pancake and waffle mix, a badger, uh, penguin-shaped bottle of pure maple syrup, a small ceramic grater and its cleaning brush, money, "When We Left Earth" on DVD and a Claim Jumper restaurant gift card.

aruna
12-26-2008, 12:01 PM
The only presents I got were from my two kids. My daughter organised Christmas and were it not for her we would have done nothing. She took her brother shopping to get the gifts. They were:

a Body Shop gift box with lovely shower stuff
a hairbrush, made of wood from sustainable forests.
a packet of new dishcloths
a silk scarf
a box set of new crockery, to go with our new kitchen

my daughter also decorated the house and spent five hours in the kitchen yesterday cooking the meal -- I didn't have to do anything!

did I ever mention she is a jewel?

(I forgot... I also got two champagne flutes from my son's girlfriend, who is in Salzburg right now.)

aruna
12-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh.... and I forgot. An electric toothbrush, a good one!
I got into the things a few months ago but only had a cheap one up to now. The new one is MUCH better.

sadron
12-26-2008, 02:03 PM
I got chocolate and black satin shirt. Love the satin things! :D

Chauchat Butterfly
12-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Books
Faust I (Goethe)
The Old Man and the Sea (Hemingway)
A Farewell to Arms (also Hemingway)
Candide (Voltaire)
Catch 22 (Heller)
The Elements of Style (Strunk and White)

Booze
Two bottles of white wine and some tequila

Candy
Lots and lots of chocolate, most notably a buttload of Ghiradelli squares

Experiences
A snowmobile ride through an icy cul-de-sac (Since it snowed so much over the past week, my cousin decided to bring his snowmobile to my grandparents' house and everyone took turns ripping it around the neighborhood)

Other
$15 Cold Stone Creamery gift card (I swear my family is trying to make me fat again)

This was probably the most fun I've had on Christmas in years.

Disa
12-26-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm really trying to figure this one out. What's the good of a camouflage cap (meant to hide you) with lights (which reveal your location?)

And what does this have to do with more grandchildren?

Yeah, i had ALL the same questions. Glad you spoke up about it :)

And Joe, what is a claim jumper gift card?

Hmm...

I got lots of candles, bottles of wine, 2 beautiful scarves, tons of chocolate, bath stuff, wooden incense holder, and other misc stuff.

My most favorite: Calligraphy supplies: One set with 2 new pens, 4 nibs and replaceable ink cartridges as well as a wooden pen with 5 new nibs, along with the coolest little set of ink- silver, gold, black, white, and a nib cleaner. Silver and gold ink- who knew? I also got a tiny round, shimmery blue, porcelain trinket box lined with black velvet. It has pentagrams on top! I'm keeping my spare nibs in it :) It's beautiful! Just the thought of the DH and my daughter going to my favorite metaphysical shop and picking out my goodies was in and of itself a wonderful gift. :)

Happy Holidays,

Disa

tjwriter
12-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Nothing so far that is just for me.

Jointly the husband and I got some gift certificate to go out to eat from his family. We go to my mom and dad's this morning and I should get something there.

The kids got a good haul from Santa. The husband got his gift from me back in October and the kids got him some heavy duty ratchet straps for hauling crap around.

NeuroFizz
12-26-2008, 05:54 PM
I got a box of ShamWow towels. Okay, it was the joke gift, but I have them. The are good, but not the miracles portrayed on TV. They can't go in the clothes dryer, and it looks like they may take a very long time to dry (rule of affinity in biological and chemical interactions = anything that grabs water is likely going to hold onto that same water). So, they are good for mopping up spills, but to dry wet windows without water streaks--not so good (unless they are totally dry).

Mrs. Fizzy had a professional photographer take pictures of her by herself and with the kids both in Yoga poses and in more casual poses. To go with the set (123 pictures) she gave me one of those electronic picture frames.

Shadow_Ferret
12-26-2008, 06:26 PM
ShamWow! Man, you're lucky! Are you following me, camera guy?

You can't dry them? But you can wash them. Hmm. Seems weird. So you have to put them on a clothesline to dry?

I got the complete series of Honey West. Two Honey West novels. And the first season of Get Smart!

I also got anger and grief because what I got my wife wasn't what she wanted at all.

Maryn
12-26-2008, 07:10 PM
I got an under-the-cabinet TV for the kitchen, since the one I've had since the 1970s isn't going to work in a month or so, when the US goes digital. (I watch the news while I make dinner.) I got some books, a few DVDs (we watched My Bodyguard last night--love it!), and best of all, I got my whole family together for 20 hours before the distant one had to return to work.

Maryn, who misses her "baby"

underthecity
12-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Among other things I got a Clive Cussler book, Michael Chricton's Next book, the Everything Father to Be Book, and because I have an awesome wife, I also got Jeff Herman's Guide to Book Publishers, Editors, and Literary Agents because I plan to start submitting my novel within two months, beta readers be damned.

And slippers, an iPod docking station, an exercise PS2 game, a pneumatic drill for work, 2001 A Space Odyssey Blu Ray, Batman The Dark Knight Blu Ray, Tropic Thunder Blu Ray.

Susie
12-26-2008, 07:17 PM
You guys 'dun' very good. Santa bought me a pretty silver bracelet I had eyed before, so it was a very nice surprise. Hope '09 is everything you want it all to be and Happy New Year!

Gehanna
12-26-2008, 07:21 PM
The only reason I gave birth to two children is so that I could play with their Christmas presents. :D lol That's not true but, my son got a very cool train set and I've been into that with him. The most important thing I got was being with my family. It has been a very good Christmas.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Chumplet
12-26-2008, 07:56 PM
I got a digital frame but the remote doesn't work I don't think I can take it back because I removed a punch-out in the side, thinking it was for the SD card I have, but it wasn't. I got a massaging foot spa (?). Don't know why because I don't have sore feet. I got a nice little basket from my neighbour with pancake mix and pure maple syrup. I got a crystal pitcher and glass set from my mom (she doesn't know I have no room for more crystal, but it'll look pretty in the sunshine).

I got two sweatshirt/exercise pant sets in size medium, but they're too tight. I suppose I should be flattered that my hubby thinks I'm a medium.

I didn't get gloves, socks or slippers, but we did get a 32" Samsung LCD High Def TV a couple of weeks ago, which is awesome.

rhymegirl
12-26-2008, 08:20 PM

Very observant! I was waiting to see what others received first.

Four books, three sweaters, a Charlie Brown puzzle, a widescreen digital picture frame, a beautiful watch, a music gift card, a movie, slippers, some chocolates and a partridge in a pear tree.

Oh and here's the funniest one from my daughter (no, it wasn't from my hubby):
a white, long-sleeved shirt with Rudolph's face on it. The nose lights up every time I move around.

williemeikle
12-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Five hardbacks, three DVDs, a couple of gift vouchers and a bottle of good single malt. Sorted.

JoeEkaitis
12-26-2008, 08:36 PM
And Joe, what is a claim jumper gift card?Claim Jumper is a restaurant chain famous for its outlandish portions and, of course, the Chocolate Motherlode Cake.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gn135S6Hv71Y/340x.jpg

Siddow
12-26-2008, 08:40 PM
New baking pans, dish towels, and a mandoline.

I know, it sounds kinda lame, but right before Christmas I got a new marble fireplace, leather sofas, two recliners and a 42" flat panel TV. So I'm good. :D

I did better than hubby. He got white tee-shirts, razor blades, and two travel mugs. lol.

Yeshanu
12-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh and here's the funniest one from my daughter (no, it wasn't from my hubby):
a white, long-sleeved shirt with Rudolph's face on it. The nose lights up every time I move around.

We need pictures... :tongue

Appalachian Writer
12-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Claim Jumper is a restaurant chain famous for its outlandish portions and, of course, the Chocolate Motherlode Cake.

And lovely Motherlode cake it is! Yummy looking.:D

Susie
12-26-2008, 09:50 PM
I agree with Appal. Your cake is delicious-looking! Yummy!

rhymegirl
12-26-2008, 10:23 PM

Well, I'm wearing it right now. I figured I'd wear it when I go visit my mom in the nursing home today because I know it will make her laugh.

Grrarrgh
12-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Santa was quite good to me this year. I got the video game and book I've been wanting (Left 4 Dead and Stephen King's new book of short stories). I got an Alphasmart Neo and a gift card for a complete spa day, which I am very excited to use. And some assorted clothes, which are always very much appreciated.

Disa
12-27-2008, 12:56 AM
Claim Jumper is a restaurant chain famous for its outlandish portions and, of course, the Chocolate Motherlode Cake.

Oh, you probably can't eat that by yourself. I'll bring a fork :)

Ken
12-27-2008, 01:02 AM
...a fanged beetle, by way of a reppie :-)

rhymegirl
12-27-2008, 03:18 AM
...a fanged beetle, by way of a reppie :-)

What's a fanged beetle?

Or which one is it? John, Paul, George, or Ringo???

I've had a little holiday cheer to drink.

Ken
12-27-2008, 03:26 AM
...one of these :e2teeth: (to help me when I write horror tales :-)

...as to the beetles, I think McCartney's ex-wife would be the one with the fangs, considering the large settlement she got after the divorce ;-)

Wavy_Blue
12-27-2008, 03:27 AM
Let's see, I got...

Clue books # 1,4,6,7,8 & 9 (already had 2,3, 5 & 16)
Lego Indiana Jones for PS2
Guitar Hero World Tour for PS2
Sock monkey slippers
Jane Eyre (the book)
Les Miserables (the book)
Disney A-Z (Disney encyclopedia)
Disney Lost and Found (yet another Disney book)
The Sword and the Stone DVD
The Jungle Book DVD
Kung Fu Panda DVD
Wall-E DVD
Mary Poppins DVD
The Aristocats DVD

All in all, it was a very Disney christmas. XD
Now, I must go back to play more Lego Indiana Jones...*swoop*

rhymegirl
12-27-2008, 03:31 AM
...one of these :e2teeth: (to help me when I write horror tales :-)

Oh. I've never used one of those smilies before.

...as to the beetles, I think McCartney's ex-wife would be the one with the fangs, considering the large settlement she got after the divorce ;-)

:D:ROFL:

Fenika
12-27-2008, 03:38 AM
Never used... one of those smileys? Does... not... compute...

I got a pony: -nnP

jennifer75
12-27-2008, 03:41 AM
A Showtime Rotisserie, a pair of Rachael Ray knives, a garlic peeler, a canister of caramel apple pancake and waffle mix, a badger, uh, penguin-shaped bottle of pure maple syrup, a small ceramic grater and its cleaning brush, money, "When We Left Earth" on DVD and a Claim Jumper restaurant gift card.

A garlic peeler??? I got a CJ gift card also...$50!!! Woohooo...

I also got $100 at Borders, $50 at Ikea, $25 at Marshalls and a who knows how much on a Starbucks card. Probably ten dollars I'm guessing.

A few other things too.

rhymegirl
12-27-2008, 03:43 AM

Ooh, a pony. For real?

That's great.

And now to make up for never using that smilie, here goes:

:e2teeth: :e2teeth: :e2teeth:

Pagey's_Girl
12-27-2008, 03:43 AM

Nayh-nayh, I got a penguin! (Okay, plush toy penguin, but still...) Also got a penguin-printed comforter, a couple of pretty new skirts and a gorgeous pair of brown boots.

Ken
12-27-2008, 05:14 AM
Ooh, a pony. For real?

That's great.

:-O Ahhhhh! They're multiplying! Head for the hills --->

Fenika
12-27-2008, 05:22 AM
Ooh, a pony. For real?

That's great.

Actually, I just got the asci art pony.

But for my birthday in a week I *am* getting a pony. Only it's a 16 hand warmblood. And I'm leasing him for 2 months or so, then he goes back home.

But still. Sweet deal.

And yay for the teeth! :D

rhymegirl
12-29-2008, 12:39 AM

Unfortunately you can't see the nose lighting up. My daughter says we'll have to try a video.

Perks
12-29-2008, 12:43 AM
My girls got a microscope, but you wouldn't know it was for them. I can't leave the damned thing alone. I cut my finger and had to look at that. I made a slide of my blood. I looked at my jewelry, my kitchen sponge, clipped hair from all our family members, my shirt, my daughter's shirt, my fingernails. I'm completely obsessed with magnification now.

Serenity
12-29-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm completely obsessed with magnification now.

I've heard that happens when you get older. :D *runs*

I got some new work clothes- great since I've lost weight and needed new clothes, some odds and ends stocking stuffers, season 3 of Bones (Yipee!), some new exercise equipment, a nice scarf, a new journal, some Happy Bunny pins and earrings, chocolate martini mix courtesy of my brother and sister-in-law, some great chocolate, and a new CD.

Perks
12-29-2008, 01:51 AM
My eyes are fine, thank you very much. Could do without a few of the other features of impending middle age, but... you know...

rhymegirl
12-29-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm gonna try this again:

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/rhymegirl/rudy1a.jpg

Well, it didn't post here but it does show a pic when you click on the url.

triceretops
12-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Santa brought me a publishing contract, but I don't know whether I'm going to take it or not. I have some huge irons in the fire on this one, and I need just a wee bit of time to puzzle things out. But...it's great confirmation!

Tri

ColoradoGuy
12-29-2008, 02:41 AM
Another horse. He needs a little work, but he'll turn out just fine. He's sort of a joke gift from my wife because he's a cross between two breeds I swore I'd never have again -- half Arabian, half (gasp) Appollusa.

2old2pb
12-29-2008, 02:53 AM
I got an Archos 5, seasons 1 & 2 of 30 Rock, Watching the Watchmen companion book, BSG season 3 soundtrack and Fallout 3. All in all it's a nice stash.
The Archos 5 is pretty sweet; it's perfect for watching a video in my rack before going to sleep.

TerzaRima
12-29-2008, 03:21 AM
I got another year's subscription to the NY Times Crossword Puzzle Society: Every month, six Sunday level puzzles come in the mail for my delectation.

The new Marilynne Robinson.

Also, a sizeable gift certificate to my favorite local bookstore. Woot!

Not to sound ungrateful but every year, I receive what I have come to think of as the annual WTF gift from my mother, and this year she did not disappoint: A Nordic patterned sweater that would fit, say, the late Chris Farley nicely. (I'm a smallish (5 ft 5', 130 pounds soaking wet, and female)

The dogs got a shocking number of presents from various admirers.

Annabella
12-29-2008, 03:38 AM
I got a Creative Vado HD, a bookstore gift card, an awesome bag personalized for me by my very artistic cousin, mixed cd's she made me, several books, some assorted clothes, one of those laptop pads with a fan for when you use it on your lap, and money.

Chumplet
12-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Wow, I'd love to get a horse for Christmas. I'm almost 50 and still waiting for a pony.

Fenika
12-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Chumplet, if you are willing to donate half your money to the local feed store, farrier, vet, and boarding stable you are well on your way to getting that pony ;)

Mine's going back after a few months for just that reason. *sigh*

Chumplet
12-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Oh, I'm willing. I just have to double my income so I can contribute half!

AmyDoodle
12-29-2008, 08:08 AM
I've had a horse. Those things aren't as easy to housebreak as you'd think.

I got purple flannel pajamas with puppydogs on them. Yes, I'm teetering on the ragged edge of 50, but I've never had a pair of pajamas and these days I just can't get warm in the winter when I'm pretending to work at the computer. (Just go ahead and fit me for dentures and orthopedic oxfords now and get it over with. And stand a little closer so I can pop you with my cane.)