To Celebrate His Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!! The reason I made this post is because I want to begin celebrating Jesus and His birth with you. I would like to start by telling you some things about my relationship with Him and what He means to me.

Jesus is my constant Savior. Although I frequently get myself in deep water, He has never left me to drown. :e2drown: The fact that He never fails to save a wretch like me brings me to my knees in adoration. He is my Champion. :Trophy: My Knight in Shining Armor. When evil attacks, He rescues me. Jesus is my King. :e2crown: I desire to :Hail: bow down to Him although He does not expect me to. As my Teacher, He does not lecture me. :Lecture: He shows me things and reveals to me knowledge I could never acquire on my own. Jesus is my Confidant and my Greatest Friend. :LilLove:

Right now, I feel my heart beating with more intensity than usual. It is not a nervous beating nor has my heart rate increased. Instead, the contractions of my heart have become very strong. This beating is the means by which Jesus reminds me of his presence. Nothing, brings me joy like this. Nothing but, Jesus.

Matthew, Mark, and Luke record an encounter a certain woman had with Jesus. For many reasons, the encounter is very special to me. I want to share what was written and then I will explain the most significant reason why the encounter is important to me.

Matthew 9:20-22
And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment: For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Mark 5:25-34
And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Luke 8:43-48
And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

This encounter is important to me because I can relate to it. I also had an issue of blood that only Jesus could cure. My issue was of a spiritual and eternal nature. I praise God and give Him thanks that he sent His Son to cure my issue of blood with His own.

Happy Birthday Jesus!!

Sincerely,
Gehanna

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Beautifully said, as always, Gehanna.

Merry Christmas all.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little late, but thank you for sharing your love for Christ and your faith.
I sadly admit that lately I've had moments of falling to the despair and cynicism that is so abundant in today's tumultuous world. and then I feel my heart beating, and remember that this is a heart that has been changed through grace and mercy. hope may seem small, but all it takes is a mustard seed, right?

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gehanna, your post gave my heart a lift today! Thanks for sharing your love for Him with us. :LilLove:

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little late, but thank you for sharing your love for Christ and your faith.
I sadly admit that lately I've had moments of falling to the despair and cynicism that is so abundant in today's tumultuous world. and then I feel my heart beating, and remember that this is a heart that has been changed through grace and mercy. hope may seem small, but all it takes is a mustard seed, right?

Yes, and the hand that holds yours tight is inscribed forever with His love for you.

15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!

16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.

(Isaiah 49:15-18, NIV)

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Upside Down Christmas story...

A pretty interesting video clip celebrating Christmas! (Be patient, and watch all the way to the end. :))

citymouse

fantasy dweller
Registered
Reaction score
PHD, I've been in a similar place myself. Corrie Ten Boom's words got me through more than once. I quote her frequently in this forum.

"There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still." ~Corrie Ten Boom

Pat~

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
PHD, I've been in a similar place myself. Corrie Ten Boom's words got me through more than once. I quote her frequently in this forum.

"There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still." ~Corrie Ten Boom

Citymouse, this is so similar to what I just told P.H. privately, that I'm going to go ahead and post it :):

Psalm 139
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.

2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you...

God with us...Immanuel.

Last edited:
Status