PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen an angel?

Project nachonaco
12-24-2008, 06:48 AM
When I was probably around 14, I couldn't sleep.

There was a group of lights in a 5 point formation on my wall, like a headlight, but it was split up (of course), and I don't have anything in front of my window that would have split it like that.

So I waved at it, 'cos I was half asleep.

It waved back.

I think it was an angel. :)

(The whole Christmas season just made me think of this thread)

alleycat
12-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Anne Hathaway doesn't count, does she?

:-)

Seriously, no, I've never seen an angel myself. It would be my luck to have an angel named Barney who wears Keds and likes reality TV shows.

Gehanna
12-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Yes.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Susie
12-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Well, I never saw an angel but I once heard an angel's voice. When I was ten, I was swimming in the ocean and almost drowned. I heard her very sweet voice tell me to swim through the wave. Yep, I was saved. :) I've never forgotten that...

Jersey Chick
12-24-2008, 08:52 AM
I have never seen one, but I've definitely felt my guardian angel's presence (it's my grandfather - still watching over his family) on more than one occasion. I've heard him - does that count?

NeuroFizz
12-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Never seen her, but she posted two up in this thread (post #4).

And I believe in an angelic impact from humans--it comes to me through my three children.

Cassiopeia
12-24-2008, 10:12 AM
I've seen many, throughout my life.

Like Fizzy though, the ones I see every day, are my children. Particularly, the one left at home; my seventeen year old son. He's definitely an angel and I told him yesterday he better find the right girl cos I won't stand for him being miserable and his sister told him we'd make sure he picks one good enough.

Honestly, he is the most generous and loving soul I've ever met. And I've met quite a few.

threedogpeople
12-24-2008, 10:17 AM
No but I wish I would.

Ciera_
12-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Never. But this is a really sweet thread. I especially liked your story, PN (for lack of a nickname) ^.^ Very Christmassy.

JoNightshade
12-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Once I rolled my truck over on the freeway. The door was facing up and too heavy for me to lift. I still don't know how I got out, I don't remember, but what I do remember is when I got to the ground a bunch of people were rushing toward me with open arms. The first lady to reach me said "Do you need a hug?" and I said yes and she threw her arms around me. Maybe she was a person, maybe she was an angel, maybe both. :)

Yeshanu
12-24-2008, 11:27 AM
True story:

It was the very last day of classes for me at the University of Guelph, and I had to give a seminar on a topic that was very near and dear to my heart. The seminar was worth one-quarter of the marks for that fourth-year course. Everyone else in the class had already given their seminars, and the penalty for missing someone else's seminar really wasn't all that big. I wondered, with exams coming up, if anyone but me and the prof would even be there.

I prepared all my notes and my handouts and my overheads very carefully. I dressed up, something I normally don't do. I was nervous--I really wanted things to go well, and I wanted people to be there for the presentation, and I really didn't have much faith that they would be.

As I walked to the bus stop, a boy of perhaps nine or ten years of age came towards me, going to his school. He looked at me, and said in a clear soprano voice, "You look like a pretty lady!"

I floated to school, I swear. Everyone was there--not even one person had skipped that final class before exams. I did my presentation with a confidence I had not had just a couple of hours before that, and I got 24 1/2 out of 25 on it.

Because a young boy I'd never seen before and have never seen since thought I was pretty.

AnneMarble
12-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Well, I never saw an angel but I once heard an angel's voice. When I was ten, I was swimming in the ocean and almost drowned. I heard her very sweet voice tell me to swim through the wave. Yep, I was saved. :) I've never forgotten that...
:Wha: What an amazing coincidence! I nearly drowned when I was about three years old. I fell off a pier into murky waters. I remember clinging to grasses on a bank and then hearing the grasses break. Dad pulled me out. But to this day, I don't know how I got to that bank as it was a few feet from where I fell in and I couldn't swim.

Susie
12-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Aww, thx much, Neuro for your kindnesses always and an angel for sure. You're super! (((((HUGS))))))))

Anney, so glad you made it aok. Anney's an angel, for sure, too. I didn't know how to swim either. ((((((HUGS))))))

scarletpeaches
12-24-2008, 07:28 PM
When I was probably around 14, I couldn't sleep.

There was a group of lights in a 5 point formation on my wall, like a headlight, but it was split up (of course), and I don't have anything in front of my window that would have split it like that.

So I waved at it, 'cos I was half asleep.

It waved back.

I think it was an angel. :)

(The whole Christmas season just made me think of this thread)

Thought so.

When someone sees an angel stone-cold sober, wide awake, verified by witnesses, then I'll believe 'em.

truelyana
12-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Yes, many times.
I am also one in diguise.:Hug2:

truelyana
12-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Thought so.

When someone sees an angel stone-cold sober, wide awake, verified by witnesses, then I'll believe 'em.

Got that and all, though I think you'll be asking me for proof next.

scarletpeaches
12-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Don't get me wrong; I believe they exist.

I just don't believe human beings are capable of seeing them. They are, after all, spiritual beings whereas we are fleshly.

Do they influence our lives? Yes. Can we see them? No.

scarletpeaches
12-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Got that and all, though I think you'll be asking me for proof next.

And why wouldn't I?

Between asking for proof and believing anything I'm told, I'll ask for proof every time.

truelyana
12-24-2008, 08:25 PM
And why wouldn't I?

Between asking for proof and believing anything I'm told, I'll ask for proof every time.

I think it'll be pointless as my experience will never amount to the one you're expecting. It'll be better when you experience a similiar kind of experience of your own, as than it'll be your own experience. :) And that's much more worthwhile, than mine put together.

Cassiopeia
12-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Don't get me wrong; I believe they exist.

I just don't believe human beings are capable of seeing them. They are, after all, spiritual beings whereas we are fleshly.

Do they influence our lives? Yes. Can we see them? No.You know me, I'm straight with you about everything. I've seen them my entire life starting at age 4. I didn't mention that earlier. Why? It's not something I like poked fun at.

Sometimes, seeing comes after believing.

scarletpeaches
12-24-2008, 11:22 PM
I certainly wasn't poking fun; I was stating my view, as was everyone else in this thread.

ETA: Just realised, you weren't saying I was poking fun. Sorry; brain not working properly tonight. Distracted by back pain.

Cassiopeia
12-24-2008, 11:34 PM
I certainly wasn't poking fun; I was stating my view, as was everyone else in this thread.

ETA: Just realised, you weren't saying I was poking fun. Sorry; brain not working properly tonight. Distracted by back pain.
Oh I know how back pain is. I just saw my Chiro yesterday. I can move today without pain and my neck is only a bit sore now. I hope you feel better, snookums. Can't have you under the weather, that's just no fun. :Hug2:

Wayne K
12-24-2008, 11:35 PM
I would call this all hooey and keep clicking, but I had a similar experience. If any of you told me that you saw what I saw I'd say you were crazy. I met a homeless person who was an angel, and no one can convince me otherwise. I guess you had to be there.

Cassiopeia
12-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Seth to Maggie: "Somethings are true whether you believe them or not."

A pearl of wisdom that I have lived by my entire life.

P.H.Delarran
12-24-2008, 11:44 PM
there was a nurse during the birth of my second child that only I saw. he encouraged me when I was at a breaking point. Angel? what else?
during a worship service once, both my husband and I heard an extra voice join in mid-song, pure and strong,..as if someone had stepped behind us. no one was there. Angel? wouldn't surprise me.
once when we were moving and had camped in the empty living room of the old house, I woke to see my youngest daughter, wrapped in her sleeping bag, being rolled over, bag and all, just before the steel hand truck came slamming down unexpectedly where her head had been. Angel. no doubt.
and as others have said, there are people I have met just briefly who left a lasting impact on my life. Angel or otherwise, spiritual lights for sure.

Tigercub
12-25-2008, 07:45 AM
I've never seen one, but apparently these people have.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=106498&provider=top

(Watch the video.)

truelyana
12-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by City of Angels
Seth to Maggie: "Somethings are true whether you believe them or not."

And somethings are all in your mind. Truth is irreversible, just like people. What may be true for one person, may not be for another. The 'something' is usually your experience and the 'true' and 'false' comes after it.

truelyana
12-25-2008, 08:00 PM
I would call this all hooey and keep clicking, but I had a similar experience. If any of you told me that you saw what I saw I'd say you were crazy. I met a homeless person who was an angel, and no one can convince me otherwise. I guess you had to be there.

That is your experience, and that's what counts.

truelyana
12-25-2008, 08:11 PM
You know me, I'm straight with you about everything. I've seen them my entire life starting at age 4. I didn't mention that earlier. Why? It's not something I like poked fun at.

Sometimes, seeing comes after believing.

Or you can just know without seeing and believing all together, as seeing is closely tied with belief.