Ghostwriter needed for book proposal on human intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbookproject

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m looking for a ghostwriter to help me write a book proposal.

I have a PhD in psychology, and currently work at UCLA. My PhD was on what the recent advances in the brain sciences tell us about human intelligence - including what IQ tests measure and environmental factors that can lead some people to be geniuses. This work was very well received – including the two main psychology associations releasing press releases about the work.

I sent a book proposal around to a number of agents and received considerable interest. However, the book proposal did not have any sample chapters – just the outline. I have since re-conceptualized the book, and written a rough draft for all of the chapters. The draft chapters cover all of the main points, but they do so in a cursory manner.

Rather than submitting the proposal with chapters myself, I would prefer to get a ghostwriter to help me with the proposal. While I can write reasonably well myself, my experience with the scientific literature means that I have difficulty knowing the best way to describe concepts so that they are readily accessible to lay people. One of the main jobs will be to expand the chapters so that they are more suitable for a general audience. I also recognize that writing is a skill, and a good ghostwriter would make both the proposal and the book better than anything I could do alone.

I would be prepared to pay $6000+ for the right person to work on the proposal with me. I’ll also be open to how credit is given to the ghostwriter for the completed book – anything from an acknowledgement in the foreword to co-authorship.

Unfortunately, I’ve had difficulty finding a suitable writer. Google searching doesn’t turn up much, and writers who have previously contacted me have had little genuine publishing experience. I’m really looking for someone who could convince a major agent and publisher that the material will sell to a wide audience.

If you are not interested yourself, any advice on how I might find someone suitable would be greatly appreciated. The material gets a lot of people excited, and they see it as being a book that really needs to be published.

Thanks.

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
You might have better luck if you approach nonfiction writers in your field. If it were me I'd do an Amazon search under 'psychology', identify writers who have published works, Google them and contact them. If they're not interested, they may be in a better position to point you to someone who is. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.