question on query

Status
Not open for further replies.

frisco

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm in the process of sending out my query and I wanted to know the proper way to enclose the first five pages. Do I simply paper clip them to the query letter and jam it all into a business size envelope or do I use a larger manila envelope so they will fit in better and not be folded like Oregami from hell?

Virector

The only one
Registered
Reaction score
It depends on the requirements of the agent you're sending it off to, but in many cases, they don't want the pages stapled or bound together in any way, so paper clips are good. And by all means use a larger envelope-- it wouldn't look too good if the pages were all folded up, now, would it?

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I did all of my querying via email, but I've heard other folks say that folding five pages is okay. It's when they ask for more pages that you want to use a larger envelope.

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
The five pages will make the envelope bulky, but you can do it that way if you really want to. Don't forget the SASE has to go in there, too. I'd suggest you use a 9x12 manilla because it's more professional. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.