Status
Not open for further replies.

gogoshire

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
:D I'm quite pleased with myself today.

I have this long list of CFPs (calls for papers) in my email - actually, each CFP is one email, and I can't always tell what it is for or when the submission date is by the subject heading.

Today, I FINALLY bit the bullet.

I opened an Excel spreadsheet, and made columns for submission date, name of the journal/conference/edited collection, the details on the CFP, submission guidelines, and contacts. I sorted it by date, and wouldn't you know two are due this week!

I entered 24 CFPs, and I add a few each week as they're emailed to me, so I'm pretty psyched to have this organized, especially as I have more time to research in the summer than I do during the school year.

I then spazzed out and color-coded the spreadsheet, highlighting submissions for journals one color, edited book collections another, ejournals another, and conferences another. Now it's pretty, too! ;)

It didn't take me too long to do it, and I know it will help me increase my productivity- always a good thing.

Celebrating this minor accomplishment with Ben&Jerry's Half-Twisted.

Reaction score
Yes, very inspiring.

I know one of my biggest problems is not being organized. Actually, more like not staying organized. I feel like I can never really 'get down to business' until I have my stuff in order. So, once every few weeks I take the time to do just that. But, it never seems to last. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.