PDA

View Full Version : making a book...

Godfather
05-16-2005, 12:26 AM
i'm hoping to publish a book in the summer, i'm planning on self-publishing it.

its a series of compositions dedicated to revolution. [hence all the poems about revolution] it includes poems, songs, short stories, and a discussion.

any advice? and any feedback on the stuff i posted because thats whats going into the book.

gogoshire
05-16-2005, 12:30 AM
What specifically do you seek advice on? Where to self-publish? How to go about marketing your own book? I've used lulu.com to print off manuscripts for friends and family. The quality is high and the price is not.

Godfather
05-16-2005, 12:33 AM
well anything really, i don't know what i'm about.

Ralyks
05-16-2005, 03:44 AM
Lulu is a good choice for poetry because, in general, poetry doesn't sell, and with Lulu you can just print up a few copies for friends and family. That's what I've done with my poetry book. It may sell a few copies because I have a small---very small---fan base for my poetry outside of my family and friends (i.e. people who have stumbled across my website on the internet; one girl e-mailed to tell me she had to do a high school project on a 20th century poet's work, and she chose mine! That was a nice compliment.) But in general, I do not expect it to sell--it's just that I've just about exhausted the literary magazine market (I've had numerous poems published in small circulation lit mags, a few in large circulation ones), so I thought I'd finally compile them into a book.