making a book...

Godfather

back door man
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
i'm hoping to publish a book in the summer, i'm planning on self-publishing it.

its a series of compositions dedicated to revolution. [hence all the poems about revolution] it includes poems, songs, short stories, and a discussion.

any advice? and any feedback on the stuff i posted because thats whats going into the book.

gogoshire

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
What specifically do you seek advice on? Where to self-publish? How to go about marketing your own book? I've used lulu.com to print off manuscripts for friends and family. The quality is high and the price is not.

Ralyks

Untold stories inside
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.editorskylar.com
Lulu is a good choice for poetry because, in general, poetry doesn't sell, and with Lulu you can just print up a few copies for friends and family. That's what I've done with my poetry book. It may sell a few copies because I have a small---very small---fan base for my poetry outside of my family and friends (i.e. people who have stumbled across my website on the internet; one girl e-mailed to tell me she had to do a high school project on a 20th century poet's work, and she chose mine! That was a nice compliment.) But in general, I do not expect it to sell--it's just that I've just about exhausted the literary magazine market (I've had numerous poems published in small circulation lit mags, a few in large circulation ones), so I thought I'd finally compile them into a book.