Toshiba Transmemory 2G Thumb Drive... GAH!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I'm trying to load less than 300 meg of jpgs on to a Toshiba 2Gig Transmemory thumb drive to plug into a digital picture frame for my sister for Christmas.

I can get about 2/3 of the pics loaded and the drive stops, telling me the 'drive is full'. Check the properties and there's 9/10ths of the drive free.

WTF?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
You tried reformatting? (Making sure first that any files on the thumb drive are safely stored elsewhere, of course!)

Or, just in case something's on there but hidden, can you go into Tools > Folder Options > View tab, and check "Show hidden files and folders" then the Apply button? (Pardon my assumption that you're using Windows.)

-Derek

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Tried the formatting... tried the hidden files route, too... and yes, I'm in Windows (Vista, no less)...

I found something about a max number of files allowed in the root directory on a thumb drive... apparently, I'm over that number if I try to put the individual pics. Soooo... copied the folder to the thumb drive and voila, it will go. Hopefully, the frame can read folders to get to the pics! Still... it gave me a weird message on several of the pics - that it couldn't copy them over with their properties!

GAH! There are days - weeks - years that I hate computers.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
El bizarro!! But as long as you've got a workaround...

-Derek