Greeting card writers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigercub

Registered
Reaction score
This is the only place I could find to put this....

I've written down some greeting card verse with hopes to sell it. I've read a couple books on greeting cards, but they say to submit the verses handwritten on 3x5 index cards.

In this age of computers, Internet, and e-mail, is that still the way it's done? Does anyone here write (and sell) greeting card verse? Can you give me some pointers? Even if it's just a reference to the best up-to-date book on greeting card writing?

Thanks.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
There's a forum here called GREETING CARD WRITERS AND ARTISTS. It's password protected. You get the password from inside Jenna's book SELL THE FUN STUFF. The forum is right at the bottom of the forums list...under the heading PRIVATE ROOMS.

I've never heard of handwritten on index cards...but I haven't really done a lot of greeting card writing. The stuff I have done has always been submitted online...according to the guidelines of the place I submit to.

I hope this helps. I got Jenna's book and found it very helpful...there is a link where you can purchase it. It's an e-book and you will find the password for the greeting card forum inside.

K

ETA: The link: www.absolutewrite.com/greetingcard.htm

Eeek

AW Addict
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, definitely get Jenna's book. It will answer all your questions, and then some!

Most companies now accept submissions by email, but there are some that still want submissions snail-mailed to them on index cards (preferably typed, not hand-written).

Good luck, and maybe I'll see you in the greeting card forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.