I need super-fast help on the ettiquette of inscribing a book being given as a gift

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
This needs to go out via FedEx TODAY!!! So please help.

Which page should you inscribe?

--The end-leafs?
--The title page?
--The copyright page?

This gift book is going from my mother (who is legally blind) to her estranged granddaughter. Her granddaughter (my niece) lives in Cape Cod with my sister.

It's my sister who is the self-righteous snob. She avoids the family, hasn't had contact with us in almost ten years, and it hurts my mother who merely wants to see her grandchildren. My mother called their answering machine repeatedly this past summer, begging my sister to let my mom see her grandkids one last time before her vision was completely gone. No answer. No return call. Just silence.

My mother decided spur of the moment to send this gift, and it MUST be PERFECT or my sister will be a total bitch about it and mock my mother to her children. (And as you can imagine, since my mom is blind, I'm the one who will be writing the inscription.)

So ...

Where does the inscription go?

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know WHERE the inscription goes, but given your of your sister description, I could recommend WHAT it might say. :D

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
PD- all of them that I've seen are on the title page between the book title and the authors name. I'll go look in my Post etiquette book, she probably mentions it. LOL

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Scratch that. I thought you were talking about an author signing it. A gift inscription usually goes on the blank page before the title page, on the right hand side of the book according to emily post.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Scratch that. I thought you were talking about an author signing it. A gift inscription usually goes on the blank page before the title page, on the right hand side of the book according to emily post.

If Emily Post sez, then that's good enough for me. :D

THANK YOU! :)