Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the above: Culinary FAIL.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
I've always done Thanksgiving redux--turkey and fixings. But I'm wondering if that's a little tedious to my guests. I'm just not a red meat person, which is why ham and prime rib aren't among the choices.

Mr Rima and his relatives aren't foodies and express no particular preferences. Vote early, vote often.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've stopped doing Thanksgiving II, too. My vote would be for the salmon, but I'm kind of a salmon freak these days. The lasagne sounds great, but it's way more work.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I voted before I read your post. Sorry.

If you don't want to do turkey or ham or roast....um....the lasagna sounds more hearty and family-ish to me, but I am not much of a fish person.

no chicken?

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
A salad with a choice of cold meats and lots of fresh veges and fruit. Preferably next to the pool (the beach is far too hot at the moment).

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a traditionalist when it comes to holiday food, I admit. If you are tired of turkey, you could go even more old school: a rack of lamb, maybe? Or see if there's a way to get pheasant or goose from a nearby butcher? Quail, even?

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
Hee. Well, one of our friends decided for us when she made expectant happy noises about the stuffing, so turkey it is. It's 30 below with the windchill here, so I think it's too cold to brine in the garage as usual--I'll probably do a dry brine.

For those of you still playing at home, the rest of the menu will be cornbread stuffing (with chestnuts, celery, and onions), cranberry sauce splashed with tangerine juice, smashed Yukon Gold potatoes with roasted garlic and buttermilk, and peas. Hungarian potato rolls and various kinds of pies from the local hippie bakery.