Evil Stalks The Castle Ch 5

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chapter 5: Evil Stalks the Castle

This chapter is being told from the point of view of Heather the Royal Dungeon Mistress. AKA regdog ;)

This day is turning into a nightmare. Muse transformed into an evil WereMuse and has bitten both Shadow Ferret and Haggis. I can’t take any chances and lock them both in the dungeon. While I have no dismay in locking Haggis in the dungeon, in fact it’s what I’m known for, I hate locking our brave Shadow up. As I return to the Great Hall, I remember that Lady Kit is now alone in the pursuit of the WereMuse. I run out after her and find her in the courtyard, bloodied but unbitten.

"Sorry Kit," I say, as I shackle her and lead her into the dungeon. "If you don’t transform by tomorrow, you’re free."

The plethora of obscenities she spits out would make any longshoreman proud. I look into Haggis’ cell and see that he has transformed into something as hideous as Muse. Sir Ferret has transformed into something unferret-like but exactly what he is, I cannot say. He appears to be a muscular bodybuilder with the head of a ferret.

I am so going to start drinking when this is over.

Queen Vixey beseeches our once former doctor and now Royal Treasurer, Bayou Bill, to see if there is anything he can do to help. His form of help is a busty blond bounty hunter, who does nothing but provide Bill with some ocular entertainment.

"Use magic and things will return to normal," Sass says, appearing at the perfect time, when we are in desperate need of help.

Queen Vixey finds a wand and waves it around the dungeon. Haggis and Sir Ferret slowly morph back to their normal selves. Here I thought I would never appreciate that little manic Chihuahua’s looks but it is good to see the old Haggis back.

It would seem that a peaceful normalcy is returning to our castle.

"I think it’s safe for the prisoners to be released now," Queen Vixey orders.

"As you wish my Queen." I happily release Sir Ferret and Kit but have to admit that it is grating to release the Chihuahua. Everything about him screams permanent dungeon dweller but I am loyal to my Queen and I release Haggis.

"I say we continue the hunt," Kit says, still seething at having been locked up.

"No, we need to rest and regroup," Queen Vixey says and Sir Ferret agrees. As we return to the Great Hall, I set out lunch and Yeshanu arrives.

"Outside forces are keeping me from aiding the fight. Please don’t forget to care for Haggis’ three puppies," she says during her brief visit.

We freeze at her words. Haggis’ puppies!!!! In all the turmoil we’d forgotten about the puppies. Haggis is horrified that Muse might have gotten to them. We scatter in a mad dash around the castle and I find them huddled together in a warm basket in the closet of Yeshanu’s chamber.

"It’s all right, Haggis, I found them. They’re fine," I say, entering the Great Hall with the basket full of puppies.

"Their eyes!! What’s wrong with their eyes? They don’t glow." Haggis yells, inspecting his puppies. We look and Haggis is right, the puppies’ eyes are no longer glowing in the same demonic way his own do.

Enraged that his puppies may be contaminated with Muse’s evil, Haggis loads a hypodermic syringe and stomps from the castle. I take the puppies to the dungeon, prepare a cell with warm blankets and comfortable bedding and lock them in.

What?!?! I can be nice on occasions; they are rare occasions, I admit, but they do happen.

"I’m going to help him," Sir Ferret says, heading out of the Hall.

"No, they’re Haggis’ puppies. He has the right to protect them," Queen Vixey says, as she rises from her chair.

Standing at the top of the dungeon stairs I hear what she has said and I don’t like it. I call for my own werewolves.

"Track Haggis and help him. Find that evil beast Muse and kill him." My werewolves race out the secret dungeon passage.

"I had no wand, Vixey, the magic must have been in you," Sass says, returning for brief visit. This certainly is a surprise to everyone. If the wand wasn’t magic, then where did the magic come from?

I return to the Great Hall as Queen Vixey is walking out with Sass. Queen Vixey thanks us for our assistance and apologizes for bringing Muse into the castle.

A chilling thought hits me.

"Shadow," I whisper, "Queen Vixey was the one who brought that evil creature into the castle. She has been with it day and night. You don’t think she is a Werequeen, do you?"

Shadow does not answer right away. His silence begins to unnerve me.

"Hmm, I don’t know," he finally says. "Tell you what; I’ll keep a close watch on her tonight while she is sleeping, OK?"

"Okay." What else could I say? I couldn’t very well grab the Queen and shove her in the dungeon.

Queen Vixey returns from her nap and in an odd moment of light hearted humor, Bill begins to quote a Chinese curse and appoints himself court jester. To the outsider this may have appeared odd, to those of us in the castle, it must mean our life was returning to normal. Or was it?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Good one, Heather!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You don't suppose they're still in the dungeon, do you?

You had them last. You didn't leave them in the rental car car seat, did you?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
You had them last. You didn't leave them in the rental car car seat, did you?

There was a big story in our town a few weeks ago about a car (parked illegally) being towed and there was a child in it. The tow company got into major trouble, but you've got to wonder about the parent/s who left a kid in a car.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There was a big story in our town a few weeks ago about a car (parked illegally) being towed and there was a child in it. The tow company got into major trouble, but you've got to wonder about the parent/s who left a kid in a car.

Sadly proves that there is a never ending supply of stupid people.

I'm sorry, but that question belongs in the Ask a Mod Thread.

But they asked about plethora, not jackboots.

And we still don't know where your puppies are. Yeshanu is going to b****slap us for this.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Umm...Heather did in Chapter 5, par. 4. :D

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
You know, I am so mightily offended that the Doom Bunny doesn't even get a cameo that I am now officially no longer a Royal and have gone back to anarchy. And I'll take Don with me--see if I don't!

Hmmph...first the fajita things, now this. I guess I'll have to write my OWN story over Christmas about the behind the scenes politicking that really makes these threads tick. That's it! A tabloid expose' about the REAL evil that stalks the castle.

And the Doom Bunny shall have her revenge, oh yes she will.

Puppies are tasty, by the way.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I am so mightily offended that the Doom Bunny doesn't even get a cameo that I am now officially no longer a Royal and have gone back to anarchy. And I'll take Don with me--see if I don't!

Hmmph...first the fajita things, now this. I guess I'll have to write my OWN story over Christmas about the behind the scenes politicking that really makes these threads tick. That's it! A tabloid expose' about the REAL evil that stalks the castle.

And the Doom Bunny shall have her revenge, oh yes she will.

Puppies are tasty, by the way.

Hey, hey, hey. You've had lines in Fajita. Well, line anyhow. And Evil Stalks is all about Royalty Thread actual history. Don't blame me if you weren't here for it.

But I'm all about the Doom Bunny writing her own alternative history. Go for it, by all means. Just keep the elves out of it. :D

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Hey, hey, hey. You've had lines in Fajita. Well, line anyhow. And Evil Stalks is all about Royalty Thread actual history. Don't blame me if you weren't here for it.

But I'm all about the Doom Bunny writing her own alternative history. Go for it, by all means. Just keep the elves out of it. :D

:e2cry:

I thought you liked my Elves...

*sobs*

Okay. I will. And you'll all be sorry.