PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gifts...

maestrowork
12-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Is it really bad if I got a lady friend of mine (romantic interest at that) these:

- nose hair trimmer
- deodorant
- bikini wax appointment
- toenail clippers
- wrinkle cream

?

Advice, please.

Clair Dickson
12-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Um, depends on what sort of message your looking to send...

If you do, I'd suggest ducking shortly thereafter. She'll be giving you something back. =)

Serenity
12-18-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't know that I'd duck, more like jump back out of kicking/kneeing range.

:D

poetinahat
12-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Dude, if those are the first gifts that come to mind when you think of her, I'd suggest that you two need to have "the talk".

maestrowork
12-18-2008, 09:53 AM
I thought women like personal grooming stuff. I thought of getting an iPod, but thought it was a bit too impersonal.

;)

mscelina
12-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Dear God, Ray--

*sigh*

Fortunately, I know you're smart enough to know better. Personal grooming products like those are not something you get a wife unless you want to be the most un-laid spouse in town.

mscelina
12-18-2008, 10:42 AM
Although...having thought about this a bit more, a gift of a day-long pampering treat at a local spa would be an ideal gift for any romantic interest in your life--and then maybe you'd get your grooming wishes accomplished at the same time.

seriously--that would be a gift ANY woman would love.

*makes note to direct Smackin' Hippies to this thread*

Yeshanu
12-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Is it really bad if I got a lady friend of mine (romantic interest at that) these:

- nose hair trimmer
- deodorant
- bikini wax appointment
- toenail clippers
- wrinkle cream

?

Advice, please.

Find a nice monastery you might like to join. :)

dpaterso
12-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I thought women like personal grooming stuff. I thought of getting an iPod, but thought it was a bit too impersonal.
It's not impersonal if you fill it with your favorite music and insist she listens to nothing else.

-Derek

alleycat
12-18-2008, 02:15 PM
I think you need to get her at least one "big ticket" item . . . say, a toaster!

dpaterso
12-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Why don't clothing designers and electrical appliance manufacturers get together and invent ladies' underwear that can also toast stuff?

Hey now! Best idea of the year, or what?

-Derek

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-18-2008, 04:20 PM
I don't know that I'd duck, more like jump back out of kicking/kneeing range.

:D

And don't bend over around her any time soon.

alleycat
12-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Why don't clothing designers and electrical appliance manufacturers get together and invent ladies' underwear that can also toast stuff?

Hey now! Best idea of the year, or what?

-Derek
Vibrating panties? That shows the giver has class.

rhymegirl
12-18-2008, 05:03 PM
If my husband gave me those Christmas gifts, he'd be getting NOTHING in return.

roncouch
12-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Not good at all - unless you include a thoughtful gift, like a vacuum cleaner.

dpaterso
12-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Vibrating panties? That shows the giver has class.
But can they make toast at 3am? When you need sustenance for the second round...

If my husband gave me those Christmas gifts, he'd be getting NOTHING in return.
So THAT'S where I've been going wrong all these years. :cry:

-Derek

alleycat
12-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Hey! I like it.

It shows the giver wants to do his part in the upkeep of the household.

brokenfingers
12-18-2008, 07:08 PM

- nose hair trimmer
- deodorant
- bikini wax appointment
- toenail clippers
- wrinkle cream

?

Advice, please.Wow, it sounds serious. Congratulations.

If you want to really wow her, get her a big screen high-def TV and keep it at your place for her to watch whenever she wants between the hours of 4pm and 9pm (provided there isn't something on you want to watch, of course.)

I can see you two are destined for eternal happiness. Again, congratulations, my friend. :)

Grrarrgh
12-18-2008, 07:13 PM
I'd say that as long as you're ok keeping her as a romantic interest instead of a romantic reality, you're golden.

cray
12-18-2008, 07:14 PM
i think those are good gifts, ray. stick with it.

throw in a mop and a nice new bucket if you want to take it to the next level!

mscelina
12-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Cray, that is the best avatar EVAH.

rhymegirl
12-18-2008, 07:24 PM
So THAT'S where I've been going wrong all these years. :cry:

-Derek

He bought me a hair dryer last year.

You can imagine what happened after that.

(or didn't happen, I should say)

Shadow_Ferret
12-18-2008, 07:32 PM

- nose hair trimmer
- deodorant
- bikini wax appointment
- toenail clippers
- wrinkle cream

?

Advice, please.
You forgot the Nair for the hair on her upper lip.

This sounds like what I'm getting my wife. I see nothing wrong with this. I wrapped up really nice, did that thing with the scissors to the ribbons so they'll curl up, and put on a pretty bow. She's going to love it.

LadyVonFright
12-18-2008, 07:40 PM

the vacuum cleaner I feel is more a gift for the man...have the woman put on a Marylin Monroe type dress, and tweek the vacuum so it blows the air up and out into the dress that flows ever so wildly, and then have her give you a lil shimmie shake in the chesticle department....

yes...vacuum cleaners definatly a man's gift...

scarletpeaches
12-18-2008, 07:43 PM

- nose hair trimmer
- deodorant
- bikini wax appointment
- toenail clippers
- wrinkle cream

?

Advice, please.

So you're interested in dating a smelly, hairy, claw-footed old hag?

maestrowork
12-18-2008, 07:48 PM
yes...vacuum cleaners definatly a man's gift...

Why? Because it sucks?

LadyVonFright
12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Come on now if all men sucked then us gals would have no one to bl...egads, I'm potty mouth today somebody stop me!!!!!!!

Yeshanu
Precisely.

maestrowork
So you're interested in dating a smelly, hairy, claw-footed old hag?

Who said anything about "old"?

But seriously, shouldn't she have a sense of humor? She should know I wasn't serious. Well, except maybe the bikini wax.

LadyVonFright
12-18-2008, 07:52 PM
if your gonna go for the bikini wax get her nothing less then a brazillian...otherwise its pointless

Chumplet
12-18-2008, 07:53 PM
My hubby already bought the big screen TV. For the "Family". Sheesh.

scarletpeaches
12-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Who said anything about "old"?

Wrinkle cream?

Yeshanu
12-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Wrinkle cream?

That's what she should give Ray, maybe? :tongue

Shadow_Ferret
12-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Ha!

maestrowork
12-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Wrinkle cream?

Haven't you heard of premature aging?

maestrowork
12-18-2008, 08:00 PM
That's what she should give Ray, maybe? :tongue

The only wrinkles I have are... oh never mind. That's R rated.

scarletpeaches
12-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Haven't you heard of premature aging?

Not with my genes, darling. I've never used moisturiser and still have skin like a teenager sadly. :D

James81
12-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Um, depends on what sort of message your looking to send...

This here, maestro, is why you should just hang onto those things and send them back.

This is EXACTLY how most women think when opening a gift. "What kind of message is he trying to send?"

For that reason, only get her gifts that send a message of "I wanna have sex with you" or something like that. :tongue

tjwriter
12-18-2008, 08:04 PM
It seems I'm the odd one here.

My husband has gotten me a stove and given me the money to go pick out a vacuum cleaner which I spent on bills instead that year.

But I love to cook and I hated our old stove, so it was delightful to get a new one. I wanted a new vacuum cleaner because our old one was near useless and took too much time and effort.

He's purchased me lots of practical things over the years, but that's what I prefer. I don't wear a lot of jewelry, so it would have to be really meaningful to be of importance to me. I'm not into a lot of typical girl things either, so he usually does what I request.

If I was wanting any of the things Ray mentioned, I'd be fine with such a gift, but again, I fall into the unusual category. Uber practical, even.

Yeshanu
12-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Not with my genes, darling. I've never used moisturiser and still have skin like a teenager sadly. :D

I was going to say, pimples and all? Then I highlighted the final word in the sentence. :tongue

I've never used "skin care" products of any kind, and the only thing I use on my hair is shampoo. And I'm routinely mistaken for someone who's young enough to be my daughter's elder sister. :D

But Ray, if you need wrinkle cream for "down there," then by all means use it, dear. :tongue

rhymegirl
12-18-2008, 08:09 PM
For that reason, only get her gifts that send a message of "I wanna have sex with you" or something like that. :tongue

Now that sounds reasonable.

James81
12-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Now that sounds reasonable.

Better yet, buy her a bunch of clothes that are all one size too small for her and when she gives you a look like "these are the wrong size," just nod your head and say, "Keep on that diet honey, I have faith in you."

That way, when you wake up in the hospital, you'll at least get some free meals and a few "sorry to hear about your broken spine" gifts.

Yeshanu
12-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Better yet, buy her a bunch of clothes that are all one size too small for her and when she gives you a look like "these are the wrong size," just nod your head and say, "Keep on that diet honey, I have faith in you."

That way, when you wake up in the hospital, you'll at least get some free meals and a few "sorry to hear about your broken spine" gifts.

:ROFL:

scarletpeaches
12-18-2008, 08:14 PM
I was going to say, pimples and all? Then I highlighted the final word in the sentence. :tongue

Not since the course of roaccutane.

No, really. Wonderdrug, it was. Literally changed my life. Skin cleared up, more confidence, people reacted differently to the 'new me'...it had a knock-on effect.

My 'beautician' - okay, the lady who works on my favourite makeup counter - says I should use a moisturiser, especially as I'm now in my 30s, but I honestly don't need it! One good thing about oily skin, I suppose. You don't wrinkle.

But back to Ray.

I say he should buy his lady friend a butt plug and some pimple cream.

scarletpeaches, ever helpful.

maestrowork
12-18-2008, 08:15 PM

That's where you go wrong. You're supposed to say, "but, but, you look like you could be a size 22!"

James81
12-18-2008, 08:17 PM
That's where you go wrong. You're supposed to say, "but, but, you look like you could be a size 22!"

:roll:

well, that's definately another way to go with it.

maestrowork
12-18-2008, 08:17 PM
I say he should buy his lady friend a butt plug and some pimple cream.

Message received. You should be expecting the gift basket in about a week, just in time for Xmas.

LadyVonFright
12-18-2008, 09:16 PM
pimple cream, because YOU deserve to not have pimples...

maestrowork
12-18-2008, 09:17 PM
pimple cream, because YOU deserve to not have pimples...

Those are for your ass, actually...

LadyVonFright
12-18-2008, 09:18 PM
oh! well in that case just get her a bucket of preparation H and some easy application gloves

Serenity
12-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Although...having thought about this a bit more, a gift of a day-long pampering treat at a local spa would be an ideal gift for any romantic interest in your life--and then maybe you'd get your grooming wishes accomplished at the same time.

seriously--that would be a gift ANY woman would love.

*makes note to direct Smackin' Hippies to this thread*

Oooo... I second this suggestion. *happy sigh*

Shadow_Ferret
12-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Yeah, and while she's at the all day spa you can go get an all day drunk going with your buddies at the bar. Sounds like a win-win proposition to me.

maestrowork
12-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Oooo... I second this suggestion. *happy sigh*

High maintenance. :tongue

Atani
12-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Well, at least you're thinking of getting her SOMETHING. My husband does not buy me gifts. He seems to think that spending our money is a bad thing, and for some reason he's not clever enough or romantic enough to do anything that doesn't cost money. I have mentioned my disappointment each birthday, Christmas, etc., but it doesn't sink in...

I wonder sometimes why I stick with him.

Mela
12-19-2008, 12:53 AM

- nose hair trimmer
- deodorant
- bikini wax appointment
- toenail clippers
- wrinkle cream

?

Advice, please.

-nose hair trimmer: Every time I kiss you darling I get massaged by those weeds coming out of your nostrils - please clip them
-deodorant: and you smell
-bikini wax appointment: I won't go there. Will not.
-toenail clippers: the holes in the toes of your shoes and those green curling things coming out indicate it's time for a little snip
-wrinkle cream; you need a facelift, but use this instead.

rhymegirl
12-19-2008, 01:04 AM
Well, at least you're thinking of getting her SOMETHING. My husband does not buy me gifts. He seems to think that spending our money is a bad thing, and for some reason he's not clever enough or romantic enough to do anything that doesn't cost money. I have mentioned my disappointment each birthday, Christmas, etc., but it doesn't sink in...

I wonder sometimes why I stick with him.

That sucks.

There are some inexpensive gifts a guy could buy. And I also believe in doing some thoughtful things for others that don't require money. He could give you a massage, go for a long walk with you, spend time watching a bunch of movies on DVDs at home while drinking some wine, write you a poem.

Yes, I'm a romantic.

Fraulein
12-19-2008, 02:34 AM
That sucks.

There are some inexpensive gifts a guy could buy. And I also believe in doing some thoughtful things for others that don't require money. He could give you a massage, go for a long walk with you, spend time watching a bunch of movies on DVDs at home while drinking some wine, write you a poem.

Yes, I'm a romantic.If you're romantic, then I'm practical.

I would prefer to have the clothes and dishes washed and put away, the trash taken out, the floors mopped, the junk mail shredded, and the bathroom cleaned, cause I'm not gonna do it anyway. j/k I clean, but it's really, really, really nice to have someone else do ALL of the dirty work.

rhymegirl
12-19-2008, 03:04 AM
I would prefer to have the clothes and dishes washed and put away, the trash taken out, the floors mopped, the junk mail shredded, and the bathroom cleaned, cause I'm not gonna do it anyway. j/k I clean, but it's really, really, really nice to have someone else do ALL of the dirty work.

Those are helpful and appreciated things, too, but I was trying to think of some nice gifts he could give her in place of expensive "material" things.

maestrowork
12-19-2008, 03:09 AM
Wrinkle cream is nice gift.

Kitrianna
12-19-2008, 03:31 AM
How about a nice cuddly teddy bear? Kthrok gets me one every Christmas. They sit in a corner and collect dust most of the time, but they're sooooo cute!

Serenity
12-19-2008, 03:42 AM
High maintenance. :tongue

Think of it as an investment in future... happiness.

Feiss
12-20-2008, 03:01 AM
LOL!!! Was that OP for serious?!
She's going to think you think she's a smelly old harpy.

That would be like me getting my boyfriend diet pills and a penile enlargement surgery.

Yeshanu
12-20-2008, 04:20 AM
LOL!!! Was that OP for serious?!

The OP was Ray.

'Nuff said. :D

maestrowork
12-20-2008, 05:16 AM
The OP was Ray.

'Nuff said. :D

Whut? Do I have a reputation I'm not aware of?

Seriously, I saw a nice nose hair trimmer at Brookstone for $35. Should I get it?

Serenity
12-20-2008, 05:37 AM
Well, they say the best way to learn is by doing, so... go ahead. Try it. Let us know how it goes. :popcorn:

Yeshanu
12-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Well, they say the best way to learn is by doing, so... go ahead. Try it. Let us know how it goes. :popcorn:

I'll join you on the couch, Serenity. This should be a very instructive lesson in relationships...

:popcorn: