72 cookies and I'm enraged

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to make six dozen cookies for the office cookie exchange tomorrow. Our team is responsible for the damned event, so it's kind of mandatory. I cannot cook, I cannot cookie. So I not only have to make 72 of these damned cookies, I also have to learn how to make them.

Also, we have a gingerbread house making competition, a costume competition, an ornament exchange, and a charity event.

Does it ever feel like the Christmas cheer is a bit forced? It's grinchy, but I just want it all to be over and for the bells to stop jingling.

Tra la fucking la

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Step one: Find the dairy section of your supermarket
Step two: Look just to the side for the rolls of cookie dough
Step three: Return home, pour your beverage of choice, follow simple directions

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
What Bahamut said.

You can even make things easier by finding cookie dough that's already cut into neat, uniform cubes for you.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can make them even easiest by buying a couple of bags of Little Debbie's and putting them in your own container.

Hell, everyone will be so excited by the gingerbread house competition that they'll never notice . . .

;-)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
ooooooo! I made 150 cookies with my 2 year old today. And it was beyond fun. I was honestly surprised that we both enjoyed ourselves so much.

But yeah, if you don't like to cook (or cookie) do the premade stuff. And be guilt free about it. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uh, just out of curiosity, where do you work . . . the North Pole?

(I better go away before I get slapped repeatedly . . . )

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
we have a gingerbread house making competition, a costume competition, an ornament exchange, and a charity event.

My God, do you work for a bunch of former sorority girls? With that kind of enforced perkiness, I'd have to start taking a flask to work.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My God, do you work for a bunch of former sorority girls? With that kind of enforced perkiness, I'd have to start taking a flask to work.
You think they giggle when they get kissed under the mistletoe?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
You know you can opt out of those office party things, right?

I wouldn't even worry about social repercussions. I guarantee as soon as one person says "You know what? I just don't have time for this," five other people will join in.

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uh, just out of curiosity, where do you work . . . the North Pole?

(I better go away before I get slapped repeatedly . . . )

Even more frigid - an accounting firm.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know you can opt out of those office party things, right?

I wouldn't even worry about social repercussions. I guarantee as soon as one person says "You know what? I just don't have time for this," five other people will join in.

I would. Normally. Except I'm on the team in charge of running the thing, and it would be bad form not to bake the cookies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I still say just stop somewhere on the way into work tomorrow and buy some of those cheap red and green "holiday cookies". They'll think you spend a lot of time making them.

Buy some booze too. I have a feeling you're going to need it.

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I still say just stop somewhere on the way into work tomorrow and buy some of those cheap red and green "holiday cookies". They'll think you spend a lot of time making them.

Buy some booze too. I have a feeling you're going to need it.

*slurs already have it*

*stumbles out*

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
And if you have rabbits, you can use their turds instead of chocolate chips or raisins.

Just saying.
Make BAD cookies. Make sure they know the bad cookies are YOUR cookies. They'll never bother you again. ;)

(Substitute salt for sugar; works every time.)
No, no, no, no, no, no, no ... use REAL food. Make chocolate chip cookies, but instead of the chocolate chips...

"These look interesting, there's little red and green bits of something in them, they look Christmassy! What are these?"

"You've never had these before? You haven't lived until you've had Red Pepper and Jalapeno cookies!"

Act shameless about it (see the father in the Birthday Cake for Hitler thread), like it's a well-known tradition, and you don't know how these people managed to grow up without learning this important social knowledge.

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, no, no, no, no, no, no ... use REAL food. Make chocolate chip cookies, but instead of the chocolate chips...

"These look interesting, there's little red and green bits of something in them, they look Christmassy! What are these?"

"You've never had these before? You haven't lived until you've had Red Pepper and Jalapeno cookies!"

Act shameless about it (see the father in the Birthday Cake for Hitler thread), like it's a well-known tradition, and you don't know how these people managed to grow up without learning this important social knowledge.

lol. I'll incorporate beets somehow.

Reaction score
Profanity alert! Be warned!
What would I do? Tell 'em to get fucked.

That is all.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I sympathize. I had to make a bunch of gingersnaps for our company potluck on Friday. Thankfully, the weather was so bad yesterday morning I "worked from home" and baked all those little SOBs in the afternoon. I also got some prezzies wrapped and worked on my WIP for a couple of hours. What my company don't know won't hurt me. Or them.

Reaction score
Here's something I don't get. Why talking about 'have' to do these things? Who makes you?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, firm life. Yes, they peer pressure you into doing things. So silly.

Go to a nice bakery, buy cookies, serve on cute platter. The end.

I no longer bake cookies for school, soccer team, cub scouts. I'm too freakin' busy. I just buy them and no one complains.