PDA

View Full Version : Nashville, TN New Years Eve I NEED a little help!

Williebee
12-18-2008, 03:03 AM
Hey Nashville area Wrimos,

I could really use a hand here. As it stands right now, we're going to be stuck in Atlanta on the 30th, and Nashville is halfway home.

Suggestions? Ideas? I'd really like to do something nice for my Darling Bride on New Year's Eve. (Last year we spent it on the phone. I was stranded, by an airline, in Memphis.)

mscelina
12-18-2008, 03:10 AM
Lived and grew up there.

Spending the night? Reserve a room at the Opryland Hotel. You can walk with her through the two largest indoor conservatories in the world, which will still be decorated for the holidays. Inside is everything you could possibly need to have fun--bars, restaurants ranging from barbecue to four and five star cuisines, entertainment, so forth and so on. You can't be busted for drunk driving and you can get as blasted as you please. I used to manage the jack Daniels saloon there--sit on the patio that's in the conservatory and smell the sweet air from the indoor river (boat rides--hello!) and have a few drinks. if the hotel is above your budget, there are chain hotels across the street that are more affordable, but the hotel itself is open the public twenty four seven to enjoy. It's gorgeous and unforgettable.

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-opryland/ (http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-opryland/)

Look through the pictures and I think you'll see what I mean. You'll love it and so will she. Trust me. It's a once in a lifetime experience. Every year, my family goes there on Christmas Eve--it's our tradition. You'll love it.

mscelina
12-18-2008, 03:10 AM
There's also a masquerade ball there that night. look at the website for info.

Teleute
12-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Opryland around Christmas Eve or New Years = win. Follow mscelina's advice!

alleycat
12-18-2008, 03:19 AM
I live in Nashville. Opryland isn't a bad idea. Another idea is to stay in one of nice but not overly expensive hotels downtown such as the Holiday Inn Express and celebrate New Years Eve down at the 2nd Avenue/Riverfront Park area. By the way, guess who drew the structural plans for the biggest part of the Opryland Hotel . . . little ol' me! ;-) The Opryland is one of the largest hotels in the world; in the US I think only the hotels in Vegas are larger.

maestrowork
12-18-2008, 03:24 AM
Crash at alleycat's place, drink all his eggnog, and play Guitar Hero in the nude.

alleycat
12-18-2008, 03:28 AM
Well, I have the guitars . . . I just can't play them very well.

At one time I had all of Tim McGraw's band's guitars too . . . but I had to give them back. :-(

maestrowork
12-18-2008, 03:31 AM
At one time I had all of Tim McGraw's band's guitars too . . . but I had to give them back. :-(

He wanted them back after you'd touched them?

Williebee
12-18-2008, 03:37 AM
hmm nude guitar hero..

"HEY, That's NOT the whammy bar!!!"

alleycat
12-18-2008, 03:38 AM
He wanted them back after you'd touched them?

Yep. Keith Urban wanted his wife back too . . .

alleycat
12-18-2008, 03:39 AM
hmm nude guitar hero..

"HEY, That's NOT the whammy bar!!!"

By the way, I don't have any eggnog . . . but I might have some fine Tennessee sipping whiskey. ;-)

Beach Bunny
12-19-2008, 12:18 AM
By the way, I don't have any eggnog . . . but I might have some fine Tennessee sipping whiskey. ;-)
*perks up* Jack Daniels?

Williebee, you and your sweetie find a hotel, I'm coming up to visit Alleycat. :D

MsK
12-19-2008, 12:22 AM
Lived and grew up there.

Spending the night? Reserve a room at the Opryland Hotel. You can walk with her through the two largest indoor conservatories in the world, which will still be decorated for the holidays. Inside is everything you could possibly need to have fun--bars, restaurants ranging from barbecue to four and five star cuisines, entertainment, so forth and so on. You can't be busted for drunk driving and you can get as blasted as you please. I used to manage the jack Daniels saloon there--sit on the patio that's in the conservatory and smell the sweet air from the indoor river (boat rides--hello!) and have a few drinks. if the hotel is above your budget, there are chain hotels across the street that are more affordable, but the hotel itself is open the public twenty four seven to enjoy. It's gorgeous and unforgettable.

http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-opryland/ (http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-opryland/)

Look through the pictures and I think you'll see what I mean. You'll love it and so will she. Trust me. It's a once in a lifetime experience. Every year, my family goes there on Christmas Eve--it's our tradition. You'll love it.

Celina, that was a great suggestion for Williebee. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm even adding it to my list. :)

maestrowork
12-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Williebee, you and your sweetie find a hotel, I'm coming up to visit Alleycat. :D

What some people would go the distance for booze...

Beach Bunny
12-19-2008, 02:33 AM
What some people would go the distance for booze...
You never know, I might get lucky, too.

What? I was talking about snow.

maestrowork
12-19-2008, 02:56 AM
What? I was talking about snow.

Cocaine is illegal.

Williebee
12-20-2008, 03:17 AM
Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Celina, I said "masquerade ball" to DB and and she said "ooooo!"

Girls are so weird.

Thanks!

mscelina
12-20-2008, 03:22 AM
Heh. If there's one thing I know about impressing people, it's that the Opryland Hotel never fails to do so. you guys will have a lovely time there and I'll be posting MY pictures from there when we go on our annual pilgrimage to the conservatories next week when I'm home for Christmas. I'll post them here so you can see them and know what you're in for.

She'll love it. So will you.

Williebee
12-20-2008, 03:28 AM
Opry Mills is a regular stop on the (way to frequent) runs between home and Atlanta. I haven't stayed at Opryland since before the amusement park came down.

I was originally thinking about The Hermitage and maybe a party downtown. Haven't stayed there in a long while, either. The website says it's been recently (?) renovated. I think I prefer the Opryland/not having to drive anywhere idea. Thanks, again.

williebee-- who is just not feeling the spirit this year.

alleycat
12-20-2008, 03:31 AM
The Hermitage is nice if you come by again.

The Union Station Hotel would be an interesting place to stay as well.