I'm tired of food without preservatives

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
i just got this loaf of bread two days ago, havent even opened it yet, but more than half of it is covered in mold.

this trend needs to die.

i dont care if it tastes better and is healthier, it's time for someone to demand that all food must have enough preservatives to last at least a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Um...you could make your own bread.

*runs out of thread*

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Did you store it in the fridge and check the freshness date? If yes, then the problem is probably the place where you purchased it.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Bravo, check the "best before" date before you buy. If you're buying bread that's been on the shelf in the store for a couple of weeks, it's not going to help you any at home.

And I generally store my bread in the fridge, because it lasts longer that way.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Unless, of course, you're following vixey's advice and making your own. Then on the fridge is fine for letting it rise...

Oh, the good thing about making your own? It NEVER lasts long enough to go mouldy. :D

Deleted member 42

Bravo

When you buy a loaf, divide it in half. Put one half in the fridge, and freeze the other half.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
that's actually a really good idea. :eek:

although.....i dont like the idea of freezing bread because it doesnt taste as fresh, they should just start selling half a loaf.

that'd be perfect.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
that's actually a really good idea. :eek:

although.....i dont like the idea of freezing bread because it doesnt taste as fresh, they should just start selling half a loaf.

that'd be perfect.
Still gotta be better than all those preservatives.
And, on this side of the pond at least, you can buy half-loaves.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
When I make my own bread a get a double benefit. After a few days I can cut it into cubes and use it for sinkers when I go fishing. If it's not eaten soon it goes hard as a rock.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
they should just start selling half a loaf.

that'd be perfect.

If someone isn't already doing that, I'm going to steal this idea and millions. Millions I tells ya...

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
stick half in the freezer *insert shrug guy*

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Would someone please change Cray's avvie back??!!! I can't understand why with all that movement the poor guy hasn't wasted away yet.

HE definitely doesn't need to eat bread - with or without preservatives.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
At my age, I want all the preservatives I can get. I figure I'll either live forever or die looking great....

Pagey!

Who gives a damn what you look like in your coffin! Just have a hell of a time getting there, darling! :D

Teleute

Skeptic
Registered
Reaction score
I have to agree on the bread thing. Natural bread only lasts a few days; it's so irritating. But for some reason, organic milk lasts at least twice as long as regular milk. I'm still trying to figure that one out...

Fraulein

Spooks? Where are you?...
Registered
Reaction score
If I were to tell you, then that would be cheating
I have to agree on the bread thing. Natural bread only lasts a few days; it's so irritating. But for some reason, organic milk lasts at least twice as long as regular milk. I'm still trying to figure that one out...
It depends on how long it takes the milk to reach the customer. Local milk is *almost* always fresher than national brand milk. I can't say if that's the case for organic vs conventional, but either way, if it takes an extra 2 or 3 days for the milk to be shipped across the country (not including mishaps with continuous refrigeration), then it's going to spoil faster.