Oh my god

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
I might be getting published. All I have to do is another revision and expand on one scene:

Dear Marisa,

I just finished reviewing WHISPERS IN THE DARK, a compelling tale of the greek mythology. I'd be interested in publishing this, if you'd be willing to consider a quick revision? After Aphrodite's firm, bitter refusal to see to Psyche's happiness--at the expense of her own son, no less--I think readers would be quite gratified to see the scene where Aphrodite relents and visits the girl to bestow immortality. It's done here as such a quick aside it loses the dramatic, emotional impact it could have.

Also, a quick proofreading would be a good idea--I spotted some spelling and punctuation errors.

If you'd be interested in making these adjustments, please let me know. Thank you for the opportunity to review your work; I greatly enjoyed it.

Kindest Regards,
Lisa Logan
Senior Acquisitions Editor
Eternal Press
http://eternalpress.ca

Oh...my...god....

Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. I am so excited I am shaking. I had a good feeling about this story!! It almost got published once before in a magazine that would've paid me $10 and now it might be getting turned into an e-book. I haven't even replied to her yet. I've spent the past half an hour running round the house screaming and figuring out how to expand on that scene. Geeze...talk about pressure...I've never been that good at spotting errors in my writing. I'm going to have to get help just to double check I get them all. And that one scene!!! Its all resting on one scene. Wow. Everytime I get a response from editors/agents/publishers I always expect it to be a rejection. I've been dreaming about getting an email like this for years. When I opened it and I read "I'd be interested in publishing this" I felt like I was dreaming. I'm soooooo close!!! If I stuff this up I will never forgive myself. Jesus. Wow...wow....wow...wow....

trickywoo

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, congrats!

Sounds like a good opportunity. Let us know what happens.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Also, a quick proofreading would be a good idea--I spotted some spelling and punctuation errors.

... Wow. Everytime I get a response from editors/agents/publishers I always expect it to be a rejection. I've been dreaming about getting an email like this for years. When I opened it and I read "I'd be interested in publishing this" I felt like I was dreaming. I'm soooooo close!!! If I stuff this up I will never forgive myself. Jesus. Wow...wow....wow...wow....
There's a forum here somewhere where you can get beta readers, I suggest you get a couple of them (after you expand that scene) and have them go through it for those errors the editor mentioned, as it's usually a lot harder to see your own errors. It'll surely be worth it. Congratulations!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
happy096.gif
and good luck

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Atlantis! :)

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
that is SO cool! :D Great!

I seem to remember reading a frag of this work in SWY a long while back...?

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
that is SO cool! :D Great!

I seem to remember reading a frag of this work in SWY a long while back...?

Um, yeah. lol. It was a long, long, time ago. It mostly got bad critiques. I've revised it three more times since then so its much better now.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Marisa - I hope you told her that under no circumstances would you comprimise the integrity of your artistic expression. Furthermore, if she chose not to accept your work as is, you'd find an agent who could appreciate your masterpiece.

JUST KIDDING!!!

We're stoked!!! Congratulations!!!

:PartySmil :PartySmil :PartySmil :PartySmil

Roca Fella Bryan

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. What kind of query letter did you send? And how long was it before you heard back? I wish I could get a letter saying that. lol