• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a Long-Term Critique Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

clamb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christielambert.blogspot.com
I'm new to the AbsoluteWrite boards, but I'm looking forward to getting familiar with the forum.
I'm hoping to find a critique partner that's willing to be in it for the long haul...I've published several short stories in on-line literary magazines and I'm ready to push for the next level. (Which, to me, means revising my novel and finding an agent.) I write literary fiction and my stories are usually about some aspect of family and relationships (with plenty of inner conflict to go along with it). I'm a preacher's daughter and this means that some spiritual reflection in some form or fashion usually shows up, too. I'm hoping to find a partner who can offer feedback on a broader sense rather than line-by-line dissection. I need someone who can tell me if there's a hole in the plot, if the scenes work, if the dialogue is realistic. As a critique partner, I feel like I offer constructive criticism. I studied creative writing at UNC-CH...and, more importantly, I have been a voracious reader for my entire life. So I feel like I do have a good eye for what works and what doesn't.
Please let me know if you're interested in this sort of committed, symbiotic critiquing relationship!

CKelly

Registered
Reaction score
I would be interested in a critique partner as well. I sent you an email with some details. Let me know if you are interested.
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.