Your most unmemorable birthday (AKA Happy Birthday, Samantha's Song!)

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
What happened, or didn't happen in it?

For me, it has to be my 48th, today.
I've got a huge family and know loads of people; I send out many birthday cards during the year, but I always get forgotten about because mine's so near to Christmas.
To top it all, and this really pees me off the most; I haven't had a period since last Christmas (07), I got up this morning, and guess what appeared, yes, you're right... I can't even do my most favourite thing on my birthday! :cry:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Roses are red
Violets are gray.
Hope you have
Fun anyway! :D

Here's :Cake: :popcorn: more :Cake: so you can celebrate!

It had to be my 40th. Mr. Susie and I went to a restaurant and I thought it would just be him and I eating together, but then I saw my family, and friends there. It was a surprise party for me! It was wonderful as I hadn't seen them in awhile.

Last edited:

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Funnily enough, I can't remember it.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Sam. Of all days. Sorry to hear that, but hey, that's never stopped my wife from doing her most favorite thing. It doesn't matter the day of the week or the time of the day, if there's a sale, nothing's gonna stop her from shopping. :)

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, thank you very much everyone, that is really kind of you :)

Moon Writer, you don't understand, anyone who knows me, knows that my favourite pastime involves me, hubby and the bedroom, that's why I'm so upset! :D

OFG... tell me about it, but it could have waited at least one more day! :rant:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday

birthday-cake.jpg

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Happy Birthday!

My worst was my 29th. I was pregnant with my daughter, and my baby shower was held 2 days before my b-day. So, after the shower, my family decides to take me out to dinner - but I didn't get to choose where we went, my out of state visiting relatives did. (yep, always a good idea to let the out of staters pick where you're going to eat in a place they visit 2x a year.) So we went to this awful restaurant where, when the waitress put the order in, she conveniently forgot to put mine in. By the time MY dinner was ready, everyone else was done and my aunt and uncle were getting ready to leave the $%@%^@ place.

Oh, and my husband gave me a hair dryer as a gift.

a frickin' hair dryer

surprisingly enough, I didn't divorce him

suckiest. birthday. evah!

Last edited:

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the b-day greetings and cake etc., you nice people, it's all very kind of you :)

Jersey Chick - I can relate to that. on my 21st, my mum bought me 3 pairs of knickers from the market, 3 pairs of cheap old knickers, I ask you! And the man I lived with, at the time, took me out that night and he was the one who got pissed. I left him to it, he went off and had a nice meal on his own and I got bugger all! :D

Ed, you and I are going to fall out young man, seriously... well we would, but I love the picture of the Ferret eating the cake, so mwah to you! :Hug2:

My hubby's taking me to the city of London tonight, he bought me a lovely bracelet, all pink stones and pink quartz, and he even bought me flowers, pink roses (my fave colour) and purple lilies - for me being a saggie-arse :D So not all's bad with the world. :)

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you NF and SP... I've just slid off my chair. :D

This might be just a goodbye after this posting then :D Oh well, it was nice knowing you all, again :Hug2:You lot :cry:Me

Last edited:

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, SS! Your bracelet sounds beautiful- and well... as far as the other little issue, good luck with that. :)

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
LOL and thank you MsK ;)
Yes, my bracelet is beautiful, I was quite proud of my hubby for finding that for me.

Happy Birthday, SS! Your bracelet sounds beautiful- and well... as far as the other little issue, good luck with that. :)

Atani

Registered
Reaction score
In the backwoods, literally...the tiny country tow
Happy Birthday!!

If it makes you feel any better, I can't think of a good or memorable birthday at all. Something always comes up & I end up alone.

This year I was (am) expecting my second child, my husband was going to a Jiu Jitsu seminar that I would have killed to get to attend, my parents were going to a Spurs game where they got special tickets to sit in the 10th row, and my other relatives live far away, so I ended up at home alone taking care of my 18 month old daughter. She's a joy, but she happened to have a cold, so it wasn't the best of evenings with her either. Sigh, I feel your pain.

:Hug2:

selkn.asrai

Rawr.
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday!

As far as my most unmemorable, my first one probably comes in first. I've never been able to remember a bit of it.

selkn.asrai

Rawr.
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously, though, when I turned sixteen, I got an unsharpened Disney pencil and a pink rubber band from my multi-millionaire aunt (who's also my "godparent"--like she could care any less about me, my parents, or my siblings.)

And on my younger brother's thirteenth, she got him two used, dirty, scraped and scratched up, BROKEN water guns that she took from the back of her neighbor's garage.

When my family was destitute, my parents both without jobs and ten dollars away from broke, she took the three ripe tomatoes on which my mother (her sister) spent her last three dollars of the week. And then she tried to take my mother's only photo of my grandparents (of which there are no copies or negatives)--the same parents my aunt, at 66, STILL goes to therapy over and bitches about (they've been dead for over two decades), whom she blames for all her problems. And a sole picture of my grandfather, whose woodworking she threw on the sidewalk for the garbagemen (that my mother thankfully found before it was too late.) But she wanted to take my mother's only photos.

She's one of the most apathetic, self-absorbed people I've ever known. Why even try to feign affection if you're gonna do sh*t like that?

</endrant>