PDA

View Full Version : Terms of Endearment quote

Greenwolf103
12-13-2008, 07:15 AM
I am putting together a blog post about croup and I want to include Emma's quote in Terms of Endearment. Something she says to Flap when he asks how long they're going to be in the steamy bathroom. Does anybody remember how many pounds she said she'd lose or something? "Until her throat clears up or I lose ? pounds"?? (I think it's 20 but I want to be sure.)

I have the movie but I can't find it. If you know the quote, please share. I can't find that exact quote on the Web. Also, it'd be great if there's a link to a photo from that scene. :) I could not find that, either!

Maryn
12-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I found the screenplay, or rather a transcript of the movie (http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/t/terms-of-endearment-sccript-transcript.html)--and there's a blank for the number of pounds and the number of minutes. Whoever was transcribing couldn't understand what was being said.

If you've got the movie, look near but just after the midway point. Subtitles on, of course.

Maryn, sorry not to have a definitive answer

Greenwolf103
12-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks, Maryn. I found that transcript, too. I wish I could find my copy of the movie. Darn. I use closed-captioning with movies and I know it would help me to get that elusive number.

I guess they didn't have subtitles when whoever did that transcript put it up on the Web.

I just went ahead and put 20 as the number on my blog and noted it might not be correct.

robeiae
12-13-2008, 09:59 PM
This site (http://palmstopines.blogspot.com/) says it's 20 pounds.

Hope that helps.

Greenwolf103
12-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Yep. That's my blog post where I just went with a guess. :Hug2:

robeiae
12-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Yep. That's my blog post where I just went with a guess. :Hug2:
I know.

But I googled the partial quote and guess what? You were number one!

Greenwolf103
12-14-2008, 06:45 PM
WOO-HOO!!! :snoopy: That's so awesome. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face. :)

Greenwolf103
01-01-2009, 09:36 PM
FINALLY found the movie yesterday. And she does say "20 pounds." I guessed right! Woot!