Meerkat's Hidey-Hole of Patience and Understanding

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
This morning, I mentally forgave someone from my past, for a bizzare incident that happened 26 years ago. Yes, I am that stubborn. And I only this morning finally sorted out that I was the one in the wrong. But it set me to thinking...

Part of our jobs as writers (or wannabe writers) must surely be to both record the paradigms of our times, and report the shifting of them, particularly in this time of rapid change. For a tiny example, our impatience with the minute or so ticking away on a microwave timer would seem ridiculous to someone who has lit the fire, pumped the water, and fumbled with both a kettle and tea ball. Not to mention, that latter toiler would probably enjoy the tea more thoroughly (perhaps almost spiritually) than me, who gulps down my minute-twenty-second green tea...my meditation tea.

I invite you all to my humble burrow, where hopefully we can explore the paradigms, possibly incorrect, of our time, and in doing so raise the level of... of... raise the level... excuse me a moment; STOP F**ING TAILGATING ME--CAN'T YOU SEE I'M TYPING WHILE I'M DRIVING?!?!

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry - that was me tailgating you. And that dent in the microwave door was me too. I've also been known to watch bread toast with great impatience.

Maybe I'll just lurk in here for a bit and see if any of this "patience" stuff rubs off...

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
This morning, I mentally forgave someone from my past, for a bizzare incident that happened 26 years ago. Yes, I am that stubborn. And I only this morning finally sorted out that I was the one in the wrong.
Wow. You forgive way too easily and much too soon.

Ah, but I see you only MENTALLY forgave them. You didn't drive over and apologize in person. Good man.

Meerkat

Registered
Reaction score
You're on my foot, damned ferret! Now I see why everyone else has a cafe or a cabaret or a hot tub or something bigger!

By the way, do you know the difference between your basic burro, and this burrow?

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to publicly apologize to anyone I've ever called an a$$hole, who isn't.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I am incredibly patient. Just ask scarletpeaches.

Not demanding, not impatient, total zen here, folks. Total zen.

(scarlet...if you're reading this...SEND THAT CHAPTER NAO!)

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Are we discussing paradigms of our time here or are we apologizing here? I'm sorry for my lack of understanding.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Curious...what do you think your ratio of "really an asshole" to "not really an asshole" would be?
The beauty of the statement is it puts the pressure on the audience. Do you accept the apology or take offense. The latter is an admission, and the former isn't much better.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I was wrong about you Ferret....you DO know your ass from a hole in the ground.

I'll apologize in 26 years...
And now we see the real reason Meerkat set up this whole thread.

Veeeeerrry Clever.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
The beauty of the statement is it puts the pressure on the audience. Do you accept the apology or take offense. The latter is an admission, and the former isn't much better.

See, now that just requires too much thought. I didn't come here to think. Why would anyone want me to think? I can't think, dammit!! TOO MUCH PRESSURE.

I need pills...

Meerkat

Registered
Reaction score
Are we discussing paradigms of our time here or are we apologizing here? I'm sorry for my lack of understanding.

Great question. It's whatever you'd like it to be and need it to be. I envisioned a zenlike space where we could collectively raise our level of enlightenment. I just don't want anyone to think it's just another thread I started but then quickly lost int....

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Paradigm #27. The time is takes is inversely related to the time we have.

Burrow - that dark warm place where the sun never shines. A place into which rodents and other vermin poke their heads.

Last edited: