PDA

View Full Version : WTF Writer's Digest?

Kitty Pryde
12-11-2008, 04:44 AM
So, I was browsing the Writer's Digest website, and I saw a little drawing to win a free book from them. Hurray! As I am often lucky with these sorts of things, I thought I would enter it. A few minutes after entering, I received this gem of an email. Now we all make typos from time to time, but seriously:

http://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gifsweepstakes@writersdigest.com

to me
show details 4:23 PM (20 minutes ago)

Congratulations! You've ben entered to win the "Pep Talks, Warnings & Screeds" sweepstakes from WritersDigest.com! Please check back often for more chances to win, and more great writting insights, prompts, and more.

Seriously. I'm glad I've ben entered, and I surely look forward to more writting insights. Seriously you guys.

Susie
12-11-2008, 04:46 AM
LOL. What's wrong Kitty, you 'dun't' like great writting? :D Hope you win! That is amazing for Writer's Digest...

Kitty Pryde
12-11-2008, 04:48 AM
I like more great writting, and more! :D

Oh yah, I felt bad for them so I forwarded the message to the powers that be, and hopefully they can stop sending embarrassing autoreplies.

WackAMole
12-11-2008, 04:49 AM
So, I was browsing the Writer's Digest website, and I saw a little drawing to win a free book from them. Hurray! As I am often lucky with these sorts of things, I thought I would enter it. A few minutes after entering, I received this gem of an email. Now we all make typos from time to time, but seriously:

Seriously. I'm glad I've ben entered, and I surely look forward to more writting insights. Seriously you guys.

LOL thats very unfortunate.

BenPanced
12-11-2008, 06:46 AM
You've ben entered to win the "Pep Talks, Warnings & Screeds"
No, no, no! It's "panced", people? Okay? BenPanced? See? *points to member info sidebar* See? It's "BenPANCED"? Okay? P-A-N-C-E-D. Accept no substitutes.

Yeshanu
12-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I got it the first time, Ben. :tongue

Cassiopeia
12-11-2008, 11:48 AM

Seriously. I'm glad I've ben entered, and I surely look forward to more writting insights. Seriously you guys.huh. And here I was thinking I'm the only one who EVER makes a mistake. Gosh I'm sure glad no one mocks me for insignificant typos.