• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Wanted for Horror/Supernatural Suspense Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtue_summer

Always learning
Registered
Reaction score
Title: Still Life
Length: 73k
Genre: Horror/Supernatural Suspense
Description:

A father fights for his son’s life when local mourners discover a black magic alternative to therapy.

In a small Northern California city the desperate clients of a grief support center have formed a satanic coven and are preparing to offer human sacrifices to resurrect their loved ones from the dead. Alex Parker, a widower whose goal in life has been to protect and provide for his family in a way his own deadbeat father didn’t, is thrust out of a self imposed year of isolation and mourning when his eight year old son becomes a target of the coven. Can Alex win the battle to save his son from the coven or will he be thwarted by dark magic and darker secrets, including a shocking truth about his late wife’s death?

What I'm looking for: I prefer a beta who would be willing to read the entire novel, but if you just want to beta the first five or so chapters that's better than nothing and I appreciate it. Mainly I'm looking for general impressions rather than line editing. I want to know how the pacing works for you and make sure the story doesn't have major gaps I'm unaware of. Oh, and I'd be perfectly willing to beta your own manuscript in exchange.

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds interesting.

I'm not great with perfect grammar, so I can't help much there.

But im usually quite good when it comes to plot flaws and pacing. I also need a beta for my novel. It's only 50K. I really need someone that is good with grammar (I think i over use commas).

If you would like to exchange a couple of chapters to start with, that would be great. :D

XX

Status
Not open for further replies.