Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmm... pancakes

light and fluffy
Registered
Reaction score
As I get more familiar with these boards I notice more and more comments like "when I start college" and references to being a teenager. At the same time, posters on here are seemingly juggling children and writing, or taking it up as something fun to do in retirement. So it seems we have quite a range of ages.

As a nosy little bugger, I'm interested to see what kind of spread we have on these forums.

(Sorry if this has been posted before but I searched and couldn't see anything.)

Brainerd T.

---the wordmaster ---
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donthaveone.com
Well, to be "RE tired", you have to be tired in the first place. Also, to be "RETIRED, you have to have a tire to begin with.

I have both at 59. (I am tired, and I have a spare on the front of my frame.) But I'm not retired yet. At the rate I'm going, I'll be 150 before I'll have enough money to pay for the first year of retirement.

Oh, yeah. I don't like that word retirement. It sounds too final, like as in cement. When I die, I'll fool everybody. I'll ask to be placed in a cement casket, lined with rabbit fur to keep me warm. Or, be cremated and have my ashes in loose array in that same casket. Then I can get a crane for to carry me.

Seriously, though. My mother would have been 88 two days after mother's day. So that makes me 59, back in April. Make sense? It does to me.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 34, which puts me in the 25-40 category, but I'm not in between babies. I don't have kids and don't really want them. Also, I've gone back to school for my master's this past semester, so I mention college on occasion, but it doesn't mean I'm in the boomerang stage of life.

rich

Hmm, I don't like the fifty plus category. It's as though you're defining the last fifty years of life as one phase. I'da gone with fifty, fifty and a half, and so on. Those under fifty just think they're going through significant phases--probably just some hormonal disorders.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
38--again, no kids, no intention of ever having any

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 27, with two babies, but we're not sure if one more's in the future or not. Maybe a few years from now, when I've forgotten all the bad stuff.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
mmm... pancakes said:
As I get more familiar with these boards I notice more and more comments like "when I start college" and references to being a teenager. At the same time, posters on here are seemingly juggling children and writing, or taking it up as something fun to do in retirement. So it seems we have quite a range of ages.

As a nosy little bugger, I'm interested to see what kind of spread we have on these forums.

(Sorry if this has been posted before but I searched and couldn't see anything.)

How old are YOU?

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm only 21 and I'm not in college and I don't have any kids. Sometimes, I think my parents still consider me as a kid with all the teddy bears and the looney tunes clothes. I think they are cute but I don't want them all the time.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
53, long-married, two kids in college. Yeah, we didn't want kids either, but learned the hard way that no birth control method, or in our case no two birth control methods, is foolproof. The timing could not have been worse, and the accident could not have been better. (Kid Two was quite deliberate.)

I got carded buying wine to celebrate her 20th birthday, too!

Maryn

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I'll be 50 this fall. People keep telling me I don't look a day over 40. After I hug them and kiss them and cry on them, they tend to go away. Those who don't, become my friends.

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
ChunkyC said:
I'll be 50 this fall. People keep telling me I don't look a day over 40. After I hug them and kiss them and cry on them, they tend to go away. Those who don't, become my friends.

What a slobbery friendship!

Sounds fun :) Hehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.