PDA

View Full Version : How old are you?

mmm... pancakes
05-13-2005, 07:42 PM
As I get more familiar with these boards I notice more and more comments like "when I start college" and references to being a teenager. At the same time, posters on here are seemingly juggling children and writing, or taking it up as something fun to do in retirement. So it seems we have quite a range of ages.

As a nosy little bugger, I'm interested to see what kind of spread we have on these forums.

(Sorry if this has been posted before but I searched and couldn't see anything.)

Brainerd T.
05-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Well, to be "RE tired", you have to be tired in the first place. Also, to be "RETIRED, you have to have a tire to begin with.

I have both at 59. (I am tired, and I have a spare on the front of my frame.) But I'm not retired yet. At the rate I'm going, I'll be 150 before I'll have enough money to pay for the first year of retirement.

Oh, yeah. I don't like that word retirement. It sounds too final, like as in cement. When I die, I'll fool everybody. I'll ask to be placed in a cement casket, lined with rabbit fur to keep me warm. Or, be cremated and have my ashes in loose array in that same casket. Then I can get a crane for to carry me.

Seriously, though. My mother would have been 88 two days after mother's day. So that makes me 59, back in April. Make sense? It does to me.

VA Buckeye
05-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Turned 36 yesterday. Officially sliding down the slippery slope towards 40.

Fractured_Chaos
05-13-2005, 08:18 PM
You don't have a choice for "Older than the dirt between Granny's toes".

aka eraser
05-13-2005, 08:23 PM
53, for a couple more weeks.

Birol
05-13-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm 34, which puts me in the 25-40 category, but I'm not in between babies. I don't have kids and don't really want them. Also, I've gone back to school for my master's this past semester, so I mention college on occasion, but it doesn't mean I'm in the boomerang stage of life.

DTKelly
05-13-2005, 08:47 PM

And I went kicking and screaming... Actually even had a little crisis over it. But I'm all better now. :Jump: see? :gone:

William Haskins
05-13-2005, 10:18 PM

sgtsdaughter
05-13-2005, 10:20 PM
in about two months i'll be that age that no one believes as woman really is.

rich
05-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Hmm, I don't like the fifty plus category. It's as though you're defining the last fifty years of life as one phase. I'da gone with fifty, fifty and a half, and so on. Those under fifty just think they're going through significant phases--probably just some hormonal disorders.

MadScientistMatt
05-13-2005, 10:47 PM
27. And right now not anywhere close to being a parent.

allion
05-13-2005, 11:08 PM
38. It's only a number. Not between kids either, as I don't think I want any.

Maybe when I'm 50?

Karen

kappapi99
05-13-2005, 11:16 PM
25-40 for me (29), but I am definitely done with the babies.

can we post pics here?

SeanDSchaffer
05-13-2005, 11:20 PM
...but no children. Heck, I'm still only a bachelor.

MacAllister
05-13-2005, 11:32 PM
38--again, no kids, no intention of ever having any

DJP
05-13-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm 27, with two babies, but we're not sure if one more's in the future or not. Maybe a few years from now, when I've forgotten all the bad stuff.

rhymegirl
05-14-2005, 12:11 AM
As I get more familiar with these boards I notice more and more comments like "when I start college" and references to being a teenager. At the same time, posters on here are seemingly juggling children and writing, or taking it up as something fun to do in retirement. So it seems we have quite a range of ages.

As a nosy little bugger, I'm interested to see what kind of spread we have on these forums.

(Sorry if this has been posted before but I searched and couldn't see anything.)

How old are YOU?

trumancoyote
05-14-2005, 12:17 AM
21. And I wish I was in between beers -- haven't the time for it. Nopenope.

mommie4a
05-14-2005, 12:22 AM
42 and grateful. Three kids, one husband and a lot of fantasies. Honest. Every year's a gift. Even Friday the 13ths.

sthrnwriter
05-14-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm only 21 and I'm not in college and I don't have any kids. Sometimes, I think my parents still consider me as a kid with all the teddy bears and the looney tunes clothes. I think they are cute but I don't want them all the time.

Maryn
05-14-2005, 01:05 AM
53, long-married, two kids in college. Yeah, we didn't want kids either, but learned the hard way that no birth control method, or in our case no two birth control methods, is foolproof. The timing could not have been worse, and the accident could not have been better. (Kid Two was quite deliberate.)

I got carded buying wine to celebrate her 20th birthday, too!

Maryn

William Haskins
05-14-2005, 01:17 AM
being carded is always a good thing.

ChunkyC
05-14-2005, 01:46 AM
I'll be 50 this fall. People keep telling me I don't look a day over 40. After I hug them and kiss them and cry on them, they tend to go away. Those who don't, become my friends.

trumancoyote
05-14-2005, 01:49 AM
I'll be 50 this fall. People keep telling me I don't look a day over 40. After I hug them and kiss them and cry on them, they tend to go away. Those who don't, become my friends.

What a slobbery friendship!

Sounds fun :) Hehehe.

astonwest
05-14-2005, 02:13 AM
29...and not looking like kids are going to be happening anytime soon...

DTKelly
05-14-2005, 02:28 AM
I didn't realize we were posting family too..

I'm 30 (as mentioned), on my second career (firefighter, freelance writer/novelist), have two great sons (9 and 2) and a lovely wife.

Torin
05-14-2005, 02:46 AM
47, three kids (24, 19 and 13) and a granddaughter, 2 1/2.

Celeste
05-14-2005, 03:04 AM
I'm 33, have two kids (boys), ages 15 and four. I'm done -- no more kids for me!

Liam Jackson
05-14-2005, 03:16 AM
Maestro, ChunkyC, and Liam...triplets. The family resemblance is uncanny.

sgtsdaughter
05-14-2005, 03:25 AM
oh yeah . . . not even close to having kids. other people's kids are cute and all, but as for me--nope. grad school and freelancing don't leave much time for me anyway.

trumancoyote
05-14-2005, 03:27 AM
Well, if you write for smokes and beer, you could always just have kids then sell them for smokes and beer. Eh, eh?

jdkiggins
05-14-2005, 04:29 AM
53 in November. Two daughters, Angel 27 & Stacey 26; two grandchildren, granddaughter,Trinity 5 and grandson Quenton one month. :D

arrowqueen
05-14-2005, 04:42 AM
I'm so ancient, if I had tattoos they'd be hieroglyphs/cave paintings.

Alphabeter
05-14-2005, 05:32 AM
29...and not looking like kids are going to be happening anytime soon...

30 next month and I'm farther behind than Big Daddy. I don't even have a potential hub/co-parent on the radar, let alone stuffed and mounted (oh shutup).

I have the house, the car, the animals, a little savings and a nice office. Anyone wanna take the domestic stuff while working PT for pizza money until my third book takes off?
Send pictures of rubber gloves to my PM box.

mmm... pancakes
05-14-2005, 05:39 AM
How old are YOU?

Did I not say? Oh, guess not. Sorry. I write between beers, even though I don't drink. 22.

My only baby is my laptop (boy was THAT a hard birth!), now 6 months old and already smarter than I am. I think I've got a photo here somewhere...

I'm temporarily living in China, and I'm yet to be able to determine the ages of people here, especially women. Every third woman who walks past looks fifteen and is probably 35. As hard as guessing the age of AW members by their username...

trumancoyote
05-14-2005, 05:41 AM
Did I not say? Oh, guess not. Sorry. I write between beers, even though I don't drink. 22.

My only baby is my laptop (boy was THAT a hard birth!), now 6 months old and already smarter than I am. I think I've got a photo here somewhere...

I'm temporarily living in China, and I'm yet to be able to determine the ages of people here, especially women. Every third woman who walks past looks fifteen and is probably 35. As hard as guessing the age of AW members by their username...

Hey, where are you in China? Come May 28th, I'll be in Beijing for two months.

mmm... pancakes
05-14-2005, 08:35 AM
I'm an English teacher in Anhui Province, which is about 8 hours west of Shanghai by train (this is a huuuge country).

Beijing's fun! I went there last year. The Great Wall was amazing. But we went to the most touristy place (Badaling) and it was PACKED with people. I reckon if you go to the Great Wall, avoid the Badaling section.

Hope you have a nice time!

pepperlandgirl
05-14-2005, 08:50 AM
I am 22 years old, and coincidently enough, in between beers right now.

The fridge is so far away.

maestrowork
05-14-2005, 09:11 AM
thank goodness i'm still in the 25-40 group. kids? not that I can remember, especially in between beers. and yes, i still get carded. those bastages. and yes, im still drunk.

Renee
05-14-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm 34, which puts me in the 25-40 category, but I'm not in between babies.........doesn't mean I'm in the boomerang stage of life.

Hey Birol, you took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say that!:Jump:

I'm 27 with no children (woohoo). It feels different to be in that third age group..according to this poll. However, I think I'm still in that in between beers stage.

Lady_RyuuXX87
05-14-2005, 09:23 AM
I'll just a post a picture! See if you can guess my actual age, though I may have posted this elsewhere, people can NEVER guess my age right! :Smack: I can't wait to see who can really tell :D (It's a bad picture though, I was just being silly lol)

sgtsdaughter
05-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey Birol, you took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say that!:Jump:

I'm 27 with no children (woohoo). It feels different to be in that third age group..according to this poll. However, I think I'm still in that in between beers stage.

Both of you hit my words too! Funny, I didn't even notice that in-between babies thing until now. Probally good . . . that would have only induced a long monologue from me on the subject of non-babies. Babies would mean that I would have to give up beers and wine for awhile, not be able to fit into my expensive pants, and variety of other things. :crazy: Go on, say it . . . I'm a little self-centered these days.

pepperlandgirl
05-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Just joining my voice to the "no children" crowd.

I am absolutely positive that thousands of people manage to raise their children and focus on their careers and/or writing at the same time and they do a GREAT job of it. I am absolutely postiive that will never be me.

Ever.

sgtsdaughter
05-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Pepper,

That's me to a tee! Even though that Truman Coyote chap thinks that I should have them to sell them for smokes and beer. Now there's a bizarre concept meant for the Twilight Zone. :D

Maryn
05-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey, you can get more than beer and smokes. My sister was offered $10,000 for her blond, blue-eyed boy, and that was 25 years ago. I'm sure it's gone higher, adjusted for inflation.

Maryn, not offered anything for her brunettes

Lady_RyuuXX87
05-14-2005, 06:05 PM
My picture post was kind of pointless because I've mentioned I'm graduating this year and stuff... heh still, people always think I'm younger than I actually am though others have thought me to be older :shrug: :banana: (just 'cuz) :D

Renee
05-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Both of you hit my words too! Funny, I didn't even notice that in-between babies thing until now. Probally good . . . that would have only induced a long monologue from me on the subject of non-babies. Babies would mean that I would have to give up beers and wine for awhile, not be able to fit into my expensive pants, and variety of other things. :crazy: Go on, say it . . . I'm a little self-centered these days.

Hehe...God, can I relate! Self-centered? Never! Hey we can can care about those things and still be cool, 'cause we don't have kids -- which typically strikes up that "what would your kids think," type debate..sometimes life is grand.

astonwest
05-15-2005, 02:50 AM
other people's kids are cute and all, but as for me--nope.
Unfortunately, it's not a choice matter around here...

BradyH1861
05-15-2005, 02:54 AM
I'm 27 with a three year old son. I am not in between babies though. He will be the one and only child. I apparently look younger than 27 though. That will change. I found a gray hair the other day.

Brady H.

rhymegirl
05-15-2005, 03:24 AM
You people are making me feel really old.

Celeste
05-15-2005, 03:42 AM
thank goodness i'm still in the 25-40 group. kids? not that I can remember, especially in between beers. and yes, i still get carded. those bastages. and yes, im still drunk.

LMAO!!! You guys swapping avatars keeps throwing me off. I read maestro's post saying he has no kids, but saw Tony's pic and thought, "Didn't he just post a pic of his lil' bambino as his avatar?"

Stop it! You're confusing me!

rhymegirl
05-15-2005, 03:57 AM
LMAO!!! You guys swapping avatars keeps throwing me off. I read maestro's post saying he has no kids, but saw Tony's pic and thought, "Didn't he just post a pic of his lil' bambino as his avatar?"

Stop it! You're confusing me!

Yes, but Celeste, last night Maestro posted this post about having no kids using MY avatar! And I have kids.

maestrowork
05-15-2005, 04:00 AM
Yes, but Celeste, last night Maestro posted this post about having no kids using MY avatar! And I have kids.

And whose fault was that?

Celeste
05-15-2005, 04:01 AM

LMAO!!! I missed all the fun!

It was Friday the 13th, so I promised the boys we'd watch scary movies. Sounds like ya'll had a great time! Bummer I missed it!

rhymegirl
05-15-2005, 04:03 AM
And whose fault was that?

Whose fault was what? The kids or the fact that I switched avatars?

azbikergirl
05-15-2005, 04:08 AM
I've decided to redefine the age groups. "Late thirties" now means ages 36-49. "Early forties" starts at 50.

Which puts me in my late thirties. ;)

rhymegirl
05-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Oh, I love your avatar!

aboyd
05-15-2005, 05:15 AM
Sounds like ya'll had a great time! Bummer I missed it!It was actually quite scary. I'm still not sure about my feelings for Ray.

Back on topic, I'm 33, with 2 kids. I turn 34 in 4 days. I'm oddly happy about it.

-Tony

PS: has anyone else noticed that "old" people become more attractive as you age? I always assumed I'd be like Tony Randall, oogling 18 year-olds even when I was 60. But now I see an 18 year-old hottie, and I think, "Hmm, needs more growing." I see a 40 year-old woman -- especially if she has long hair and still cares about looking feminine -- and think, "Hmm, now that might add up to a fun time behind closed doors."

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 05:20 AM
I see a 40 year-old woman -- especially if she has long hair and still cares about looking feminine -- and think, "Hmm, now that might add up to a fun time behind closed doors."

Ok - now, even if that woman isn't me, you've made me feel very good with this comment!

rhymegirl
05-15-2005, 05:22 AM
Oh ya know, older women are so much better than younger ones.

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 05:23 AM
I had a friend complain that 46 was closer to 60 than to 30. Man, how awful to jump that far ahead in your mind!

Celeste
05-15-2005, 06:12 AM
It was actually quite scary. I'm still not sure about my feelings for Ray.

Back on topic, I'm 33, with 2 kids. I turn 34 in 4 days. I'm oddly happy about it.

-Tony

PS: has anyone else noticed that "old" people become more attractive as you age? I always assumed I'd be like Tony Randall, oogling 18 year-olds even when I was 60. But now I see an 18 year-old hottie, and I think, "Hmm, needs more growing." I see a 40 year-old woman -- especially if she has long hair and still cares about looking feminine -- and think, "Hmm, now that might add up to a fun time behind closed doors."

Well, Happy Birthday, Tony! (Even though I'm a few days early)

As for people getting better looking with age...

I mentioned something about that the other day in another thread. Can't remember which thread it was... But I totally agree!

Celeste
05-15-2005, 06:14 AM
Ok - now, even if that woman isn't me, you've made me feel very good with this comment!

Jill looks great, doesn't she, Tony?!! I think she's gorgeous!

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 06:17 AM
Celeste - I love you and will follow you to the ends of the earth - so long as you keep saying that stuff about me!

Celeste
05-15-2005, 06:19 AM
LOL...

You're gorgeous, dahling, gorgeous!

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 06:20 AM
Hey - you need to drive three hours south and come share this wine with me!

Celeste
05-15-2005, 06:22 AM
Yeah, I'll have to do that one of these days! It'd be a blast!

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 06:23 AM
Totally serious Celeste - my kids are in camp from 9-4pm - we could have lunch in Sandusky or Toledo

Celeste
05-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Yes! We'll definitely have to plan on it!

Brainerd T.
05-15-2005, 07:30 AM
When you get my age you still like the song "Behind closed Doors" but you forgot what to do when you're behind them.

(Relax - it was just a joke. What was just a joke?)

Detroit. It's a city where the motors still run and the tires still peel.

In the words of the rainman "bout a hunerd dollars".

JenNipps
05-15-2005, 07:35 AM
I'll be 32 in about a week and a half. No kids. Not married.

When we were leaving the conference I went to a couple weeks ago, the bellman said, "I want to ask you something, but you don't have to answer if you think it's too rude."

Oooooooookay.....

"Are you still in high school?"

Ha! Not hardly! lol. My class is working on putting together our (*gulp*) 15-year reunion.

Celeste
05-15-2005, 07:43 AM
I'll be 32 in about a week and a half. No kids. Not married.

When we were leaving the conference I went to a couple weeks ago, the bellman said, "I want to ask you something, but you don't have to answer if you think it's too rude."

Oooooooookay.....

"Are you still in high school?"

Ha! Not hardly! lol. My class is working on putting together our (*gulp*) 15-year reunion.

You gotta' love that, though! 32 and asked if you're half your real age! I'm 33 and sometimes still get that. I used to get annoyed by it, but as I get older and notice the starting of wrinkles under my eyes, I love it when that happens! Lol...

Celeste
05-15-2005, 07:44 AM
Hey, Brainerd, what's goin' on??? I haven't heard from you in a few! Been thinkin' 'bout you!

JenNipps
05-15-2005, 07:49 AM
You gotta' love that, though! 32 and asked if you're half your real age! I'm 33 and sometimes still get that. I used to get annoyed by it, but as I get older and notice the starting of wrinkles under my eyes, I love it when that happens! Lol...

Oh, I do! lol. It helps (hurts? :)) that I didn't have on any makeup at the time. What can I say? I was tired and didn't want to mess with it.

I have good genes. My Mom & I get asked if we're sisters quite often. Several years or so ago, she and my Grandma won a mother-daughter look-alike contest. :)

maestrowork
05-15-2005, 07:53 AM
Oh ya know, older women are so much better than younger ones.

I've always loved older women. When I was a teen, I loved women in their 30s... when I was in college, I loved women in 30s and 40s...

I find women old than I am very sexy. And they know what they're doing.. ;)

Oh yeah, I still get that "so, you're a student?" thing all the time. I don't get it. I mean, c'mon, look at these kids -- I could be their father!

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 07:54 AM
:Thumbs: I've thought you were a smart man from the moment I saw your screenname, Ray

Celeste
05-15-2005, 07:58 AM
I have good genes. My Mom & I get asked if we're sisters quite often. Several years or so ago, she and my Grandma won a mother-daughter look-alike contest. :)

Good genes... I'm hoping I age like my mother. She's 52 and looks great, looks like she's in her 30s, maybe early 40s. I'll just say she does not look 52! Lol...

Brainerd T.
05-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Still here. I used to look half my age. That's because I was.

When I was 24, I went in a bar. A friend with me was 16. They turned me away and let him in. I told them I had an I.D. their response? "You don't need to show us that. It's probably fake anyway."

True story. It's only been in the last five years or so that I started loking my age. I got married at 28. At 30, I have a picture of myself holding my baby girl to my chest. I was still underweight. I look like I'm 16 years old. I grew a mustache because it's all I can grow of facial hair. And it made me look older. At age 55, my wife made me shave it off, after 25 years, because it was red. and brown. And black. and white. and gray. Not as bad as John Bolton, but pretty bad. It looked like a bad picture that was painted by a two year old child.

Now? I just look like a fat, pudgy old man. I've told the same jokes so many times, people stop me. Now they just laugh when I show up. "Smare Shoo. Don't ya got no larnin?" I heard that a thousand times, so I wrote it to my rewriteable disc. It skips.

Celeste
05-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Oh, no...wait. I think she's 53 now. Yeah, 53 in December. Lol..:Shrug:

rhymegirl
05-15-2005, 08:03 AM
"And they know what they're doing."

My point exactly.

Celeste
05-15-2005, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Brainerd T

Now? I just look like a fat, pudgy old man. I've told the same jokes so many times, people stop me. Now they just laugh when I show up. "Smare Shoo. Don't ya got no larnin?" I heard that a thousand times, so I wrote it to my rewriteable disc. It skips.

Oh, hush! I've seen your picture! You look great!

Brainerd T.
05-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Yeah, but it was a picture of my face. I could put a baked turkey in my belly. No wait. That would hurt. Kids ask all the time if I'm pregnant. I tell them, "No I'm not. My wife got fixed".

The "health experts" say I should weigh 140 at 5'6". I weigh 200. It's all in my gut. When I die I hope I'll go to Texas. I've done been to Oklahoma. That's where my hell was. I can blame it all on smoking. Why not? It's either that or global warming. Contrary to popular belief, smoking did not cause global warming. It was the other way around. (These politically correct people get out of control)

aboyd
05-15-2005, 08:29 AM
Jill looks great, doesn't she, Tony?!! I think she's gorgeous!I have to admit, I do have a thing for redheads. :)

-Tony

maestrowork
05-15-2005, 08:38 AM
I am sorry, Tony... reading what you wrote and seeing your son's face... it just seems "wrong!!!"

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 08:41 AM
:ROFL: :ROFL:

Celeste
05-15-2005, 08:41 AM
I have to admit, I do have a thing for redheads. :)

-Tony

Yeah, men do love those redheads! I was a redhead for about seven years. My red hair was the first thing my husband noticed. I had my back to him. He saw my hair and wanted to meet me, without seeing my face! He said the hair was all it took. Lol... He's also a sucker for red hair. I needed a change, so I went the streaky blond look.

Here's me w/ red hair...(This was two weeks before we met)
I think I look like a totally different person. Maybe that's why we don't get along anymore! I'm not the redhead he used to have! LMAO!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/avptazzy/ME.png

Celeste
05-15-2005, 08:45 AM
I am sorry, Tony... reading what you wrote and seeing your son's face... it just seems "wrong!!!"

LMAO!!!! It kinda' does, doesn't it! :ROFL:

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Not so innocent, as Britney Spears says

Celeste
05-15-2005, 08:51 AM
I like you as a blond, Jill, but I bet you'd look pretty good with auburn hair!

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks, Celeste - were you a cheerleader? you're the best

aboyd
05-15-2005, 09:03 AM
I like you as a blond, Jill, but I bet you'd look pretty good with auburn hair!She would look good with red hair? Like she doesn't have red hair? Am I confused? Didn't she have red hair in her color avatar from 5 or 6 days ago?

In fact, I saw her black & white photo and thought she looked blond, so I told her I missed her red hair! I wanted the color photo back. But it sounds like I've mismatched the names & avatars. Am I obsessing over a figment of my imagination? Who the heck had the red hair?

-Tony

Celeste
05-15-2005, 09:05 AM
LMAO!! Me, a cheerleader? No.

In seventh grade, I did try out, though. During tryouts, we were practicing just before we were to tryout, I was on this girl's shoulders doing some stupid, crazy stunt, I told her to put me down and she just flopped me down. I fell onto the cement floor and broke my wrist! I guess, it goes without saying that I didn't make the team! Lol... Gawd, no! I was never a chearleader.

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 09:05 AM
What a story, Celeste!!!! sheesh

Celeste
05-15-2005, 09:07 AM
She would look good with red hair? Like she doesn't have red hair? Am I confused? Didn't she have red hair in her color avatar from 5 or 6 days ago?

In fact, I saw her black & white photo and thought she looked blond, so I told her I missed her red hair! I wanted the color photo back. But it sounds like I've mismatched the names & avatars. Am I obsessing over a figment of my imagination? Who the heck had the red hair?

-Tony

No, Jill's a beautiful blond! I think she did post a pic of her having red hair from years ago, though.

aboyd
05-15-2005, 09:09 AM
I am sorry, Tony... reading what you wrote and seeing your son's face... it just seems "wrong!!!"Point conceded. :)

triceretops
05-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Well, I guess I'm in good company at 53. But we're the oldest posted here!

Tri

Elonna
05-15-2005, 02:06 PM
34, single mom, 6 y.o. son, started getting gray at 16, always looked older until recently, now people think i'm around 27-28...woohoo

Redhead for 16 years now, probably will be until I am too old to dye my hair anymore ;)

Brainerd T.
05-15-2005, 04:30 PM
All you women look great to me. Gorgeous. But when you go to book signings, is that the pic you wnat on that book cover?

I'd have to have my family with me on my book cover. I'll have to put Floo off to the side. He'll take usp the most room if he's in the middle.The flea would have to be in front. Gertz, the Nertz driving the Hertz would be in the middle.

Never mind. My picture on my book signing will be me by myself.

Tri, your hair looks a little wind blown.

Maryn
05-15-2005, 06:30 PM
I've always loved older women. When I was a teen, I loved women in their 30s... when I was in college, I loved women in 30s and 40s...

I find women old than I am very sexy. And they know what they're doing.. ;)

Oh yeah, I still get that "so, you're a student?" thing all the time. I don't get it. I mean, c'mon, look at these kids -- I could be their father!I tell you, there's a reason Ray's so well-liked. What woman, whether she's reached 'older' status yet or not, doesn't see the charm in Ray liking older women?

Maryn, older

maestrowork
05-15-2005, 06:37 PM
It's not to say I don't like women younger than I am ... I do, very much. ;)

Ray, trying to cover all his bases

Maryn
05-15-2005, 07:18 PM
You might want to establish some age cut-offs. Say, 18 and 81?

Maryn

aspier
05-15-2005, 07:31 PM
When I was small I was younger the old people my age tell me! But I think no way, not with what I know now, you pensioners' got it wrong! Oh I was much older when I was younger! Anyway, nice to see some young ones seeping in into this Funny Farm of an Old People's Home Write was yesterday. No sorry, it was the day before yesterday! Today's a different day also!

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm a little embarassed, but I don't even understand what "no longer amused" is supposed to imply - and I'm in that category. Anyone care to explain, cuz frankly, these years have been great.

rhymegirl
05-15-2005, 07:45 PM
It's not to say I don't like women younger than I am ... I do, very much. ;)

Ray, trying to cover all his bases

How do you feel about ostriches?

Celeste
05-15-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm a little embarassed, but I don't even understand what "no longer amused" is supposed to imply - and I'm in that category. Anyone care to explain, cuz frankly, these years have been great.

As I get older, every thing just gets better. Sometimes, I'll say sarcastically that I wish I could be in my 20s again, but no way! My twenties were a nightmare. I like my age, even though health issues started creeping up on me. But at 33, (a few things aside) I've never been better! :)

aspier
05-15-2005, 08:45 PM
How do you feel about ostriches?

Neck's too long!

+ Celeste 33 mm, if you turn that around hwo old are you then ... eh with those few things aside?

+mommyxx, you want a toffy?

as

WVWriterGirl
05-16-2005, 04:54 AM
29, but only until October (see? I don't even want to *type* that dreaded number!). I've got 1 son of my own who will be 3 in a couple of weeks, I'm raising my 19 year old (raising...sheesh...) stepson, and I have a 17 year old stepson that doesn't live with us. Not between babies...I had my one and only.

WVWG

mdmkay
05-16-2005, 05:15 AM
I'm a bit confused do I have to tell what old I am chronalogically or how young I think and probably act??? I'm going to have my 46th birthday next month and I have never been more content and happy than I am today. Yes, my life is alot more complicated then it was at twenty, but maybe the extra years is why I enjoy life so much more now. I may be really weird (stop making that face, I know I'm weird) but the older I've gotten the better life has gotten. What I really loved was getting old enough that to no longer cared much about what other people thought. I just saw the poll and it says 40-50 no longer amused? I don't know about anyone else but I'm vastly amused.

Celeste
05-16-2005, 05:38 AM
29, but only until October (see? I don't even want to *type* that dreaded number!). I've got 1 son of my own who will be 3 in a couple of weeks, I'm raising my 19 year old (raising...sheesh...) stepson, and I have a 17 year old stepson that doesn't live with us. Not between babies...I had my one and only.

WVWG

You're 29 and raising a 19 year old stepson? Wow!

Celeste
05-16-2005, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by mdmkay

...but the older I've gotten the better life has gotten.

Ditto that! I feel the same way. :Thumbs:

mommie4a
05-16-2005, 05:42 AM
I'm going to have my 46th birthday next month and I have never been more content and happy than I am today...the extra years is why I enjoy life so much more now. ..the older I've gotten the better life has gotten. What I really loved was getting old enough that to no longer cared much about what other people thought. I just saw the poll and it says 40-50 no longer amused? I don't know about anyone else but I'm vastly amused.

You said it, sister. Thanks - I'm with you.

astonwest
05-16-2005, 06:13 AM
When I was 18, my stepmom was 24 or 25...at least for a month...

...until the marriage was annulled...

oops.

Dawno
05-16-2005, 06:14 AM
48 here. My pic is posted at my profile and it's recent. Have a nearly 20 year old son and a 17 year old daughter. My significant other is 35. Age is a state of mind. If I knew what state my mind had moved to I could probably act my age...

PattiTheWicked
05-16-2005, 06:25 AM
I'm 36, but that "in between babies" thing has got to go. I've had three, and I'm done with it!

SRHowen
05-16-2005, 06:50 AM
Yup, me too--the best thing aboutbeing over 40 is that I really don't give a hoot what anyone thinks anymore. I am free to be me.

And most people think I am in my early 30's--I think it is all in how you act--and my pic is up in my profile.

mmm... pancakes
05-16-2005, 07:20 AM
Yeah, well those poll comments are the things that came to me at the time. I'm sure there are people aged 0-15 with excellent grammar, too. Perhaps it was an unnecessary attempt to stereotype, and I deeply and humbly apologise. Well, quite a bit, anyway. Ok, only a little, really.

I also don't understand why 'inbetween beers' came up in italics. But there you go. The cruelness of fate.

But hey, consider this: without the 'inbetween babies' phrase there wouldn't've been all this talk of families and whatnot, and what a poorer thread it would've been for it.

Perhaps there's something to be said for stupid spur-of-the-moment side comments? Or not. I recommend taking two shots of "don't bother about it" with a "get over it" chaser.

mmm... pancakes, who can't wait to get to 25 when I'm allowed to have babies...

BlueTexas
05-16-2005, 10:37 AM
I'm 27 and not in-between babies. I'm planning on no babies. I have five cats, two ferrets and a husband...I need no more lessons in cleaning up other creature's crap :)

I got a notice for my ten-year high school reunion the other day...that and the gray hairs that keep appearing are about to do me in.

The unfairness of the world? My 36 year-old closest friend has NO GRAY. None, and it's not dyed. And no fat, either. I have more gray than my own mother!

Ever notice how friendhship lines seem to divide along the have kids/no kids line as you age? One of these days my friend with kids will quit dropping by at lunch-time with her kids when she finally realizes I still don't have kid food in the cabinets and I'd rather have a root canal than meet her at Chuck E Cheese.

oswann
05-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Two kids
Two cars
Two houses
One wife
Os.

astonwest
05-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Two kids
Two cars
Two houses
One wife

Glad you didn't make a typo on that last one... :)

oswann
05-16-2005, 03:02 PM
My wife, too.

Os.

Gehanna
05-16-2005, 03:49 PM
I am 36 with two children and one husband which makes a total of three children. :ROFL:

Ok that was a mean thing to say about my husband. Truth is, sometimes he has to baby me and sometimes I baby him which reminds me...Its my turn next! :D

Nivvie
05-16-2005, 04:25 PM
I'm 29, and I'll be happy to be 30 and even happier to be 40.

To me, age is all about getting as many under your belt as possible, until life cannot be lived with the possibility of happiness.

I met a woman on the ward the other day, she's 103 and lives in her own home. She had a broken leg, but will still be going back to her own home. She has someone to help her with shopping and cleaning, but that's all.
She told me that she doesn't feel that she's ever going to die. She spent her seventies feeling the end was approaching, her eighties fearing the reaper, and she said she now thinks he's forgotten about her, so she'll be fine. Even falling down some stairs only got her a fractured leg, you'd think at 103 that would kill her.

maestrowork
05-16-2005, 04:53 PM
When I was 13, I looked like I was 18. When I was 25, I looked like I was 18... now, I look like I am 25....

I definitely see a trend here. And I am not complaining. LOL

Yeshanu
05-16-2005, 05:12 PM
When I turned 39, my mother gave me a card in which she had written, "Now you're the same age as I am."

Hmm.

That was a few years ago...

SRHowen
05-16-2005, 07:11 PM
hmm,

Well,

I didn't say how old I am--but I have very very little gray, if I seach I can find a few. My sister (half sister) is 12 years younger than me and almost totaly gray

Me:

4 kids (ages 28 to 11)
3 grandkids
1 husband
1 rabbit
3 non-domestic cats
4 domestic cats
4 fish
in the process of buying land and a house

Bufty
05-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Inside, I'm still in my teens. Outside, I'm at that great age where at parties one is regarded as 'harmless'. Heheheheheh!
Bufty

aspier
05-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Inside, I'm still in my teens. Outside, I'm at that great age where at parties one is regarded as 'harmless'. Heheheheheh!
Bufty

In the jungle the deep throught of cruel mystery swallows the silent one as she sits on her stool! Beware beware she's coming to get you! Lol. Oh boy, those silent ones at the parties ... they're the real killers. Oh! See her chuckle and don't I know!

aspier
05-16-2005, 07:47 PM
The mature ones!

Spookster
05-16-2005, 08:16 PM
mmm... pancakes, who can't wait to get to 25 when I'm allowed to have babies...
Um... I broke that rule. No, I mean I really broke that rule. I'm 27 (until August, anyway) and my older son is 10. Yes, I was a teen mommy. My son was at my graduation commencement and watched me walk down the isle at my wedding. It's nice to have been able to share those special moments with him.

My younger son is 5 and will be going into "kindy-gawdin" (his word, not mine) this fall. I'm done. No more. I love my boys, but I'm done with diapers. I'd much rather enjoy my nieces/nephew when we visit, spoil the heck out of 'em and turn 'em back over to my sisters.

Hubby and I are coming up on our 10 year anniversary and have never been happier.

Celeste
05-16-2005, 09:40 PM
When I was 18, my stepmom was 24 or 25...at least for a month...

...until the marriage was annulled...

oops.

Double Wow! :Jaw:

rhymegirl
05-16-2005, 09:58 PM
"I didn't say how old I am--but I have very very little gray, if I seach I can find a few. My sister (half sister) is 12 years younger than me and almost totaly gray."SRHOWEN

Yeah, those stray grays really suck but my sister has a ton of them and luckily I don't. We're 11 months apart. Some of us get lucky, I guess. But her husband gave her most of the grays I think!

1 husband
3 kids (sometimes 4 if you count above when he acts up)
0 animals
1 house
3 cars
and a partridge in a pear tree

Celeste
05-16-2005, 10:04 PM
But her husband gave her most of the grays I think!

That'll definitely do it!!

Liam Jackson
05-16-2005, 10:22 PM
49, married to the woman of my dreams, 2 daughters, 18 and 29
We are all owned by an Australian Cattle dog (Nell), a Giant Schnauzer (Beauregard AKA Bo) and three guinea pigs, (Lucy, Peppermint Patty, and Charlie Brown AKA Chuck)

Celeste
05-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Is that a recent photo of you, Liam? If so, you sure as hell don't look 49! I would've guessed 30 at most by that pic.

Celeste
05-16-2005, 10:50 PM
I am 36 with two children and one husband which makes a total of three children. :ROFL:

Ok that was a mean thing to say about my husband. Truth is, sometimes he has to baby me and sometimes I baby him which reminds me...Its my turn next! :D

No, not mean at all. In most, it's the truth. ;)

Liam Jackson
05-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Celeste, the pic was taken about 18 months ago. Nothing much has changed. My folks passed along some weird genes.

scullars
05-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Rounding up to 42 in October. No kids, no man, no money... oh well.

Renee
05-17-2005, 02:45 AM
I met a woman on the ward the other day, she's 103 and lives in her own home. She had a broken leg, but will still be going back to her own home. She has someone to help her with shopping and cleaning, but that's all.
She told me that she doesn't feel that she's ever going to die.

Wow, 103, that's awesome! I worked at a Nursing Home for years, before I got a better profession in the Health Care field, anyway we had one patient that was 103 and in incredibly bad shape. Another patient turned the big 100 right before I resigned from my position, and I was shocked that she was still able to 100% take care of herself. Talk about accomplishment! I hope I'm as lucky...

It's a shame that more people aren't allowed that "option" in life and that some folks have absolutely no one to take care of them and their needs as they get in to the last stages of their life...that's why I do what I do in my job..it breaks my heart! I can't stand to see so many people who worked and slaved all their lives, just to get to grow old and be alone with no help..*sigh*

WVWriterGirl
05-17-2005, 04:54 AM

Yep - I "inherited" him when his father and I married 7 years ago Halloween. He was just a tyke then (12 years old)...but so was I! I was 23 when I married his dad, and I had been around for three or four years in his life already. He moved in with us (and stayed, on and off) when he was 16 or 17 (junior year in high school). He's decided that our house is now "home", which you'll get no complaints from me, I like having him around. At least when he's here with me, I know he's safe, fed, clothed and living inside. That's a little bit of a tricky proposition at his mother's house, but we won't go into that here. Needless to say, he's better off with a mother that's only 10 years his senior (me) than one that's almost 20 years his senior (his mom).

WVWG

Celeste
05-18-2005, 02:15 AM
Yep - I "inherited" him when his father and I married 7 years ago Halloween. He was just a tyke then (12 years old)...but so was I! I was 23 when I married his dad, and I had been around for three or four years in his life already. He moved in with us (and stayed, on and off) when he was 16 or 17 (junior year in high school). He's decided that our house is now "home", which you'll get no complaints from me, I like having him around. At least when he's here with me, I know he's safe, fed, clothed and living inside. That's a little bit of a tricky proposition at his mother's house, but we won't go into that here. Needless to say, he's better off with a mother that's only 10 years his senior (me) than one that's almost 20 years his senior (his mom).

WVWG

That's awesome! :Clap:

And getting married on Halloween is cool! I love Halloween!

Optimus
05-18-2005, 08:46 AM
I'm 28 but everyone tells me I look 23/24.

Jealous?

JennaGlatzer
05-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Fabulous husband who's 33.
1 angellic cat.
Used to hate getting carded, now I love it.
No gray hairs.
Fine-line wrinkles creeping in, but I like them so far because they show how much I've smiled.

WhirlingDervish
05-19-2005, 03:01 AM
will be 40 in about a month.

Some gray hairs in beard, and in pony tail.
No kids.
One wife
Many bottles of wine.
bad knees.
liver still good (yes, there is a God!)

astonwest
05-19-2005, 03:14 AM
1 angellic cat.
I have two cats I'd like to make a couple of angels......
Oh, wait! That's not what you meant...
;)

Celeste
05-19-2005, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by JennaGlatzer

Fine-line wrinkles creeping in, but I like them so far because they show how much I've smiled

I love that! It's perfect! My subtle wrinkles under my eyes are from how much I've smiled. Yeah! :Thumbs:

trumancoyote
05-19-2005, 03:21 AM
I love that! It's perfect! My subtle wrinkles under my eyes are from how much I've smiled. Yeah! :Thumbs:

Yeah, or just 'cause you're old, Celeste.

:-D

Don't hurt me, plz.

maestrowork
05-19-2005, 03:25 AM
I have no wrinkles. Nada. And I'd like to keep it that way.

Celeste
05-19-2005, 03:27 AM
Yeah, or just 'cause you're old, Celeste.

:-D

Don't hurt me, plz.

'm not! :wag:

Cum here, Zach! Bend over! http://bestsmileys.com/whipping/2.gif

trumancoyote
05-19-2005, 03:35 AM
Yes, ma'am! :)

maestrowork
05-19-2005, 03:36 AM
lordy. You guys are not going to talk about tea bags here, are you?

trumancoyote
05-19-2005, 03:37 AM
Nah, not my cup a' tea.

Celeste
05-19-2005, 03:38 AM
Yes, ma'am! :)

This old lady's gonna' give you a spanking! http://bestsmileys.com/whipping/2.gif

Brainerd T.
05-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Good grief! What have I stumbled upon?

Grin a thin grin again, but this? ooh! It's too much.

Celeste
05-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Good grief! What have I stumbled upon?

Grin a thin grin again, but this? ooh! It's too much.

Oops! Sorry, Brainerd. I got a little carried away. Zach's a bad influence on me. :Shrug:

Brainerd T.
05-21-2005, 01:59 AM
I was jes funnin'. I didn't mean to spoil anyone's fun. This thread was funny.

When is a tisket a tasket, a green and yellow basket? Don't have the foggiest idea. But my mother used to say it was.

Kida Adelyne
05-22-2005, 04:52 AM
16 and proud of it. Until I'm seventeen, then I'll be proud of that.:tongue

Not inbetween beers. I hate beer, and my mum would kill me. :D

-Ally

DirtySyko
05-22-2005, 01:53 PM
16 and proud of it. Until I'm seventeen, then I'll be proud of that.:tongue

Not inbetween beers. I hate beer, and my mum would kill me. :D

-Ally

I was about to post and say how I'm the youngest person in this thread... But now it appears that is not true.

I'm 19. That means I can't be taken seriously, I shouldn't get involved with politics because I haven't experienced enough about life to understand them, all I'm good for is trouble, and when I'm not speeding through intersections I'm obviously smoking weed or drinking beer...

At least I'm not the youngest. Stupid kids :)

vtwordweaver
05-22-2005, 04:56 PM
I turned 40 on Mother's Day. I keep waiting for something major to happen, but nothing does.

I have three kids, 18, 15, 13 and I am a college student and proud of it! Actually I attend a low residency school (go one weekend a month) and most of the students are in their 30's and 40's. A few years ago I was mistaken for my son's girlfriend. Not any more. I finally grew up.

Kida Adelyne
05-22-2005, 05:09 PM
I was about to post and say how I'm the youngest person in this thread... But now it appears that is not true...

At least I'm not the youngest. Stupid kids :)

:wag:I wasn't the youngest here when I joined, but I havn't seen the person who was younger than me in a long time. Since we changed boards, I think.

Pat~
06-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Hmmm. Let's just say that I recently passed a milestone birthday, and could've kissed the construction worker who wolf-whistled at me that week. If I could've caught him, that is. :)

Most of the time I'm in workout clothes and a ponytail, and my age surprises alot of people. (My husband will never let me or anyone else forget the time our waiter thought we were father and daughter.)