PDA

View Full Version : My rejection from Adams

eldragon
05-13-2005, 06:51 PM
yep - it came today.

Hi Pam,

Thanks for your follow up call the other day. I was able to bring your manuscript to our editorial board yesterday. The feedback I received was that, though we like the book concept very much, the project is not quite right for Adams. We are just beginning to publish into the memoir category, and do not think we’d be the best house for the project at this time.

I do, however, want to compliment your writing—you write good, snappy dialogue and are adept at setting a compelling scene. You mentioned in our phone conversation that you have only recently begun to write seriously, and I would encourage you to continue to develop your craft.

I wish you the best of luck placing the project with the right house

Well .......it doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would.

Onward.................

Torin
05-13-2005, 07:16 PM
That's a really great rejection, even though it IS a rejection. Good luck finding the right publisher! Get it back out in the mail right now!! ;)

brinkett
05-13-2005, 08:51 PM
I've been following your posts and was rooting for you - sorry to hear Adams passed, but wow, what encouraging feedback. Don't give up now! Keep submitting.

eldragon
05-13-2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks .......... it is good to hear compliments.

eldragon
05-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Today I got another good rejection - this one from Harper Collins. They said they don't accept unsolicited manuscripts, but that my story is both interesting and hip - and that I am a promising writer.

They highly suggested I get an agent - said to try Literary Marketplace on the web.

How frustrating.

They returned my sample chapter and materials - paid for by them. Thats pretty good!

triceretops
05-19-2005, 01:25 AM
I've been following you too, Eldragon--that looks promising. Hey, you can write well, your hip, with snappy dialogue and scene building. Use the process of elimination--recheck your character dynamics, just out of curiosity.

Tri

mommie4a
05-19-2005, 01:38 AM
Sounds like it's just a matter of time. Way to go, Eldragon. Really, really good developments, even if they didn't quite make it...yet!

eldragon
05-19-2005, 04:36 AM
Thanks Jill - for the encouraging words - coming from a professional like you means alot.

mommie4a
05-19-2005, 05:36 AM
Ha - you just made my day - calling me a professional! Thank you. But seriously, you're getting some great feedback from those publishers. It's just a matter of some footwork -you will get there. Keep going.

arrowqueen
05-20-2005, 03:53 AM
Sounds good to me. All you have to do is find the publisher for whom it is 'quite right'.

Good luck.

JennaGlatzer
05-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Those are fantabulous rejections. Keep at it! You're on the right track! :Thumbs: