in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
yep - it came today.

Hi Pam,

Thanks for your follow up call the other day. I was able to bring your manuscript to our editorial board yesterday. The feedback I received was that, though we like the book concept very much, the project is not quite right for Adams. We are just beginning to publish into the memoir category, and do not think we’d be the best house for the project at this time.

I do, however, want to compliment your writing—you write good, snappy dialogue and are adept at setting a compelling scene. You mentioned in our phone conversation that you have only recently begun to write seriously, and I would encourage you to continue to develop your craft.

I wish you the best of luck placing the project with the right house

Well .......it doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would.

Onward.................

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
I've been following your posts and was rooting for you - sorry to hear Adams passed, but wow, what encouraging feedback. Don't give up now! Keep submitting.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Today I got another good rejection - this one from Harper Collins. They said they don't accept unsolicited manuscripts, but that my story is both interesting and hip - and that I am a promising writer.

They highly suggested I get an agent - said to try Literary Marketplace on the web.

How frustrating.

They returned my sample chapter and materials - paid for by them. Thats pretty good!

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Sounds like it's just a matter of time. Way to go, Eldragon. Really, really good developments, even if they didn't quite make it...yet!

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
Ha - you just made my day - calling me a professional! Thank you. But seriously, you're getting some great feedback from those publishers. It's just a matter of some footwork -you will get there. Keep going.

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. All you have to do is find the publisher for whom it is 'quite right'.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.