A good juicer?

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Hello to my fellow food lovers :)

Recently, my husband began making healthy food choices. I am proud of him for being able to do this and I want to support his efforts. Not too long ago, he mentioned that he would like to have a juicer. I would like to purchase one for him as one of his Christmas Gifts but, I do not have a fortune to spend on one. Because I am not much of a cook, I know very little about related products. For this reason, I wish to ask if any of you could recommend a good juicer at a reasonable price that would also make a wonderful Christmas gift?

Sincerely,
Gehanna

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
My sister bought a 40 dollar juicer at wal-mart about 6 years ago and it still functions perfectly. What you want is a basin for the pulp to go into, it should come out very dry, and a spout for the juice to come out of.

Don't throw away the pulp either, complete the drying process either in a dehydrator or oven and they make great fillers or even snacks. I'd say don't go with the cheapest brand, but you shouldn't need the most expensive either.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Hello icerose :hi:

The idea of saving the pulp would never have crossed my mind had you not mentioned it. :) We have a dehydrator that would work perfectly.

Thank You very much for your reply.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, I hope you get a lot of use out of your juicer, I know I need to get one for myself because I adored it when my sister had it in the house.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
put the pulp in biscuits. It adds some color and aroma which will go well with the dinner