Not open for further replies.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Vera Nazarian, SFF writer, all round good person who helps new SFF writers, and editor of the lovely small press Norilana Books (which puts out anthologies like Clockwork Phoenix and Warrior Wisewoman) has had a really bad year. Long story short, her father died, her mother had cancer and is dependent on her, Vera herself is sick, and thanks to the economic meltdown, she's facing foreclosure on her home.

The community's rallied around her some, largely organized by AWers Gray Rose, Deirdre, and Stonetable. Very cool people are volunteering very cool things for auction here.

If you'd like to get neat christmas presents, or have anything you'd care to donate for auction, or could just spare a couple bucks for Vera, do please head over here.

I'm offering candles for auction, and also a high-res printable/colorable version of this drawing (when it's done) as a freebie to anyone who donates and sends me their email address:

Kannagi-small.png

Honor system applies :)

Gray Rose

Beware of the Thorns!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
roselemberg.net
Thank you for posting this, Shweta.

So many people already donated, mostly very small amounts that add up. We have the SFF community very well represented, and I am proud to be part of this!

Look at the auction for fabulous signed books from SFF authors, offers of critique, handmade items, speculative poems dedicated to you, quilts, candles, cookies and all good things.

Thanks folks!
Rose

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
If you have a direct donation link, Shweta, do post that as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.