Star Trek, Star Wars, Horror, etc. Movie Memorablia Auction

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
This may be akin to 'insider trading', but... I work for a gentleman who is an auctioneer as well as a builder, insurance agent, and real estate broker. Recently a Sci-Fi, Horror, etc., movie collector passed away - he just happened to live in Oklahoma City and we were the auction company chosen to do the sale.

People! There are some INCREDIBLE items in this collection. (I've personally drooled on several of them. I held the light sabers in my own two hands!) Mac and the other mods have given me permission to share this info with you just 'cause I know there are a few of you out there who, like me, would love to get their mits on some of this cool stuff.)

Anyway... here's the press release. It won't go out in Oklahoma City until next Tuesday. The pictures of the stuff won't hit the website until sometime late Sunday. If you've got a hankerin' for some movie memorabilia... this is a good one.

--------------------------------------------​

Bidder-Up Auctioneers Chosen for Sci-Fi and Fantasy Collectibles and Movie Memorabilia Estate Auction

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, December 9, 2008 – Amassed over a lifetime of purchasing and trading collectibles and memorabilia both locally and nationally, the estate of well-known collector David Green will be offered for sale by Bidder-Up Auctioneers in December, 2008, and January, 2009. Mr. Green was quite active in the convention circuit and the collection is extensive.

Due to its size, the collection is being divided into three groups. Bidder-Up Auctioneers will host the first auction on Saturday, December 13, at 10am in their new warehouse facility at 4701 SW 20th (just one and a half blocks west of SW20th and Meridian) in Oklahoma City. Interested buyers can inspect the items being offered starting at 9AM the day of the sale. Most items are framed or in presentation cases and include limited editions, signed and numbered prints, vintage photographs, plates, and autographed items from television and movies. Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Friday, the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Mars Attacks, the Alien series, Frankenstein, and more. News departments are invited to contact Bidder-Up for television features or news articles.

The focus of the first sale will be Star Wars and Star Trek. There are signed photographs of George Lucas, Frank Oz as Yoda, Harrison Ford as Han Solo, Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia Organa, David Prowse as Darth Vader, Red 6 Leader, Wicket, and many more. From small C3-PO models and action figures of many of the characters to a massive diorama of Jabba the Hutt with Leai chained to him, there’s something for every Star Wars collector… including several Jedi light sabers, one of which is a replica of the two-headed saber used by Darth Maul. There is also a life-size Yoda, in full costume from the swamps of Dagobah, as well as a life-size Watto, the Toydarian who owned Anakin and his mother on Tatooine.

Star Trek is well represented in the first auction, as well. Hard-to-find collectors plates and photographs, many signed by the actors who made the roles famous, include William Shatner as Captain James T. Kirk, Leonard Nimoy as Commander Spock, DeForrest Kelley as Dr. Leonard ‘Bones’ McCoy, James Doohan as Engineer Montgomery Scott, Nichelle Nichols as Uhura. There are action figures, models, ornaments, busts of a Ferengi, the Borg Queen, and a Talosian, Enterprise Bridge sets, trading cards, mugs, comic books, phasers, medkits, tricorders, communicators and a bat'leth.

In January, the balance of the collection will be offered in two sales. Categories will include Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons, The Mummy, the Alien series, Horror and Slasher movies. There will also be a collection of swords, including Samurai, Katana, a Claymore, and ‘Sting’ from Lord of the Rings.

“This is an incredible opportunity for fans and private collectors, big and small, to get a piece of Hollywood history,” Gooszen said. “Since some of the actors who played these roles are no longer living, it may be the last time some of these pieces will be this easy to find locally.”

Terms of the sale include all major credit cards, cash, cashiers check or money orders. Local company or personal checks will be accepted with proper identification. Out of the local area checks will be accepted with a Bank Letter of Guarantee and Dealers must provide a copy of their tax exemption. Bidder-Up will also accept Proxy Bids. Questions can be addressed to Chris Gooszen, spokesperson for Bidder-Up Auctioneers, 405-401-2673; and details of the sale, along with pictures of the offerings, can be found at Bidder-Up’s website: www.hibidderup.com .

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. That is cool. You should have fun working this.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I found a Darth Vader Pez dispenser while going through a big box of Lego's I bought at a yard sale a while back. Thinking I might have hit the jackpot, I check eBay. They're going for about $2.50 each.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I found a Darth Vader Pez dispenser while going through a big box of Lego's I bought at a yard sale a while back. Thinking I might have hit the jackpot, I check eBay. They're going for about $2.50 each.

If it had been autographed by James Earl Jones, you might have had something there.... ;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
They're running behind on the pictures due to their being so many lots (800 so far!)... I just got to play with the coolest Yoda ever! He answers questions... like the old 'Magic 8 Ball'.

He will be mine.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*is painfully jelus*

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website