Web presence for a print magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakebrown

Registered
Reaction score
I am a small publisher of a business magazine and interested in having a strong online presence where I can attract fresh audience to my print publication.

I know there are lots of self-publishing solutions out there in the market and need to find out the right solution that will help me enhance my current presence. Probably a service which includes creating a great website with current theme of my magazine and also drive traffic from other online sources like search engines etc

That's it so far! I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions later on, but this forum is so helpful, I'm sure I'll find my answers.
[FONT=&quot]Thank you[/FONT]

cpickett

Registered
Reaction score
Where ever the voices in my head like to be
Website
www.brighterdaypublishing.com
Hi & Welcome!

I'm not sure what you are looking for, if this is the right category for your question. It sounds like you're already publishing/producing your mag, and you're looking for help to spread the word.

If that's the case, there's so much you can do. Yes, a strong website is a must to sell nearly anything these days. You can hire a designer and then learn about search engine optimization yourself, or find a company who can do both. Either way, once you have the tech stuff in place, it will be up to you/your staff to drive traffic unless you want to hire an outside publicity person or team.

Promotion opportunities are almost endless, but I'd recommend participating in at least one or more of the main social networking sites to get started, probably Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn as those are starting to be utilized more and more for business. Each has it's own pros and cons as do all strategies. Big thing is to have a strong sense of who your target audience is, figure out where they hang out online and then begin to build a presence that can reach them there.

Hope that is at least a little of what you're looking for.

Nick Russell

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I publish an RV neswpaper called the Gypsy Journal,. and have developed a strong website at www.gypsyjournal.net to promote the publication, as well as the books and niche guides I self-publish. You might look it over and see if it gives you any ideas.

SarahDavidson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I work for a company that does design, SEO, and paid linking... PM me a phone number if you want me to give you a call.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
DesertRambler.com is an online magazine about the southwest
ShortStoryoftheMonth.com is an online fiction mag
there are many others so check 'em out

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Here, folks, is a classic example of the two-headed spammer: First a "question" containing all sorts of keywords, followed a few days later by an ever-so-helpful answer directing to a service. But, surprise! both OP and respondent (billygibson) are from the same ISP.

They're long gone and not worth the effort of banning, but I figured I'd bump this so y'all can admire these critters in their natural habitat. :cool:

DoomieBey

Registered
Reaction score
WHOA!!! Thanks a bunch for catching this. People like that ought to be dragged and whipped. Or whipped, then dragged. Whichever causes the most anguish...
Here, folks, is a classic example of the two-headed spammer: First a "question" containing all sorts of keywords, followed a few days later by an ever-so-helpful answer directing to a service. But, surprise! both OP and respondent (billygibson) are from the same ISP.

They're long gone and not worth the effort of banning, but I figured I'd bump this so y'all can admire these critters in their natural habitat. :cool:

SandraBeckwith

Helping authors promote
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.buildbookbuzz.com
Geez. What a waste of time for the helpful people here -- the poster doesn't really want their excellent answers. Any more tips on how to spot a one- or two-headed spammer?

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.