They aren't your waffles!!!!

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
At work, we have a giant freezer and refridgerator in our breakrooms (and 2 breakrooms). I keep my Eggo Nutrigrain Blueberry waffles in the freezer with my name on in it inside a tied plastic bag. (love my waffles - toasted with nothing on them! Yum!)

And every once in awhile, I'll go to make some, and there are 2 missing.

This makes me so angry. I know this happens in every work place, and it pisses me off! What gives anyone the right to just assume that because the waffles are in there, they are free to take!

It happens with our coffee too - in the front office, we make our own coffee. We even have a polite little note that says basically, if you want some, just let us know first. We bring in our own creamer. And guess what? People just help themselves.

I work for the government. We have to have a background check to work here. You would think people would recognize that this is STEALING!

Okay. I am done. Just had to vent.

*breathe*

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
One of the places that I worked, we had someone that thought it was pretty funny to take a bite out of someone's food.

So, we would take turns, creeping into the kitchen...then RUN in there, shouting: AH HAH!
Only...it was empty.

I'll never forget the day that Kevin went in there, thought he was going to catch the culprit...kitchen was empty...he checked his lunch..and came running out, waving his sandwich....minus a HUGE bite...yelling...'noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!'

Gads, we laughed so hard....most of us collapsed.

We never did find out who the culprit was...and everyone pretty much switched to canned lunches. I mean, who would be able to take a bite out of a can?

Me? I had princess tendencies...I bought lunch daily.

Oh, and Kevin? He flipped out. He started making 'trap sandwiches' loaded with Tobasco. I think it worked because one afternoon, when he went to get his lunch...instead of a bite being taken out of his sandwich, his lunch bag had been filled with dirt.

Unfortunately, he worked with a group of warped people, so needless to say, we roared with laughter....and then bought him lunch.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
One of the places that I worked, we had someone that thought it was pretty funny to take a bite out of someone's food.

So, we would take turns, creeping into the kitchen...then RUN in there, shouting: AH HAH!
Only...it was empty.

I'll never forget the day that Kevin went in there, thought he was going to catch the culprit...kitchen was empty...he checked his lunch..and came running out, waving his sandwich....minus a HUGE bite...yelling...'noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!'

Gads, we laughed so hard....most of us collapsed.

We never did find out who the culprit was...and everyone pretty much switched to canned lunches. I mean, who would be able to take a bite out of a can?

Me? I had princess tendencies...I bought lunch daily.

Oh, and Kevin? He flipped out. He started making 'trap sandwiches' loaded with Tobasco. I think it worked because one afternoon, when he went to get his lunch...instead of a bite being taken out of his sandwich, his lunch bag had been filled with dirt.

Unfortunately, he worked with a group of warped people, so needless to say, we roared with laughter....and then bought him lunch.

This IS funny. But it's all a practical joke, you know? Here, it's like these people assume because they work under this roof, they're entitled to anything they find.

Grrrrr.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
We had this problem at Xerox. After getting tired of both the complaints and the bites out of my own sandwiches, I started bringing 'loaded' lunches... horseradish works. Of course, today people would sue for assault or mental anguish, pain, and suffering for getting a mouth load of hot stuff during the course of the thievery.

And they'd likely win.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
I had to remove the candy basket from the lobby because people would come in and take huge handfuls. The last straw, was when my boss told me that someone (he didn't say who) from upstairs came running into the lobby less than a minute after I left for the day armed with a bag and emptied everything but the butterscotch candies out of the basket. I'm wondering if it's the same someone who makes off with all the sugar packets from the coffee bar. (I also think this "someone" may have just gotten a cat because now we're constantly coming in and finding we're out of creamers....)

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
I had to remove the candy basket from the lobby because people would come in and take huge handfuls. The last straw, was when my boss told me that someone (he didn't say who) from upstairs came running into the lobby less than a minute after I left for the day armed with a bag and emptied everything but the butterscotch candies out of the basket. I'm wondering if it's the same someone who makes off with all the sugar packets from the coffee bar. (I also think this "someone" may have just gotten a cat because now we're constantly coming in and finding we're out of creamers....)
:ROFL:

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
I work shorts, so do not get a lunch any longer. Thus, my stuff is safe. But, I worked such place too. Only the whole lunch would disappear. Until one day, some smartie brought an old (days old and totally inedible) egg salad sandwich for lunch. Knowing that it would get stolen (seemed a preferred thing to take) and eaten. The culprit was caught for they got really sick with tum issues and spent 2 hours on toilet before going home for day. Dangerous I know. For, one could die I suppose. But, I tell ya, he never stole another lunch...

And NO - I did not do this sandwich deal. I admit to thinking on it, but I did not do this prank to catch the thief.

Christine

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I'd bring chocolate-covered kitty poop (or bunny poop -- it looks more like raisins) to work. That would be a fun thing to do...

Ray, who can be quite evil

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
I used to put a red Biohazard bag in the refrig. Sometimes it would be my lunch, other times it really would be biohazard. Never had a problem with someone touching my stuff.

Richard

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
The thing is I have to be careful. My world is a small one. Piss the wrong person off...

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Load your waffle box with a mouse trap with a stickie note that says, "I will if I have to. Stop stealing my food." You don't have to cock the trap--the message may get across.

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Put up a note saying here has been a hidden camera installed because of theft (not that ou actually have to put one up--yet) and see if that works. 2nd choice, having a lunch box in the fridge with a lock on it.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At work, we have a giant freezer and refridgerator in our breakrooms (and 2 breakrooms). I keep my Eggo Nutrigrain Blueberry waffles in the freezer with my name on in it inside a tied plastic bag. (love my waffles - toasted with nothing on them! Yum!)

And every once in awhile, I'll go to make some, and there are 2 missing.

This makes me so angry. I know this happens in every work place, and it pisses me off! What gives anyone the right to just assume that because the waffles are in there, they are free to take!

It happens with our coffee too - in the front office, we make our own coffee. We even have a polite little note that says basically, if you want some, just let us know first. We bring in our own creamer. And guess what? People just help themselves.

I work for the government. We have to have a background check to work here. You would think people would recognize that this is STEALING!

Okay. I am done. Just had to vent.

*breathe*
It's government property, so therefore the waffles belong to everybody?

The person stealing them is named Eggo Nutrigrain?

People are just stupid?

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Once, two coworkers ate an entire plate of sandwiches that one teacher brought in as a treat for her class.

You have the right to defend your Eggos. Enclose them in a bag with a note relating that those who filch Eggos shall be eviscerated and fed to rabid squirrels. That might fend off Eggo thieves.

Ciera_

We had this problem in the communal cubby-area of my grade five class. Only choice items would go missing (fruit roll-ups, rice crispies, cookies) and I wish I'd thought, then, of booby-trapping my goodies. But I was probably too busy laughing at the word 'booby-trap'. In grade six the coat-rack/cubby place was more open, so the thievery stopped. And then in junior high of course we started having real lockers.
But it takes a special kind of lowlife to steal cookies, don'tcha think?

Fraulein

Spooks? Where are you?...
Registered
Reaction score
If I were to tell you, then that would be cheating
We had this problem in the communal cubby-area of my grade five class. Only choice items would go missing (fruit roll-ups, rice crispies, cookies) and I wish I'd thought, then, of booby-trapping my goodies. But I was probably too busy laughing at the word 'booby-trap'. In grade six the coat-rack/cubby place was more open, so the thievery stopped. And then in junior high of course we started having real lockers.
But it takes a special kind of lowlife to steal cookies, don'tcha think?
Or someone who's parents were health nutz.