Rejection Letter Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Underhill

Writer,Burglar,Adventurer
Registered
Reaction score
My SS came back today in the SASE. Enclosed was a short letter saying "does not meet our needs at this time" and "due to the volume of submissions we have received" and so forth.

:cry:

Well.

No hard feelings on the form letter. I've been an editor (not for acquisitions nor fiction, though) so I know you just can't think of something personal to say to everyone, it's easier to develop standard language and use that.

This was a long shot, too, I know that. An anthology whose last edition had a story nominated for the Locus awards, and another by a well-known veteran of SF. But of course it had a certain cachet, and I had hoped they would be pleased to "discover" me for the genre.

Well.

Going to take one more quick look at the ms to see if I missed anything major, and send it back out tomorrow, I hope. I'm thinking of going the simultaneous submission route this time.

Anyone have advice on good science fiction short story markets that accept simo?

Bleh.

thistle

Hipster Doofus
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Mr. Underhill, don't let your journey end here! I'll lend you some of my leftover chocolate cake and my dog can give you some slobbery kisses.

Tomorrow's a new day! :Sun:

gogoshire

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I sent 2 abstracts off for Calls for Papers:Lecture: on Friday for 2 different academic journals and have heard back from both already.

One said "thanks, but no thanks," not in those words, though. The other said "Sounds interesting," and that they'll make their final decisions later this week.

I'm pleased because I'm sticking to my plan of 2 submissions of queries/abstracts per week.

Onward and upward.

rich

Underhill quote: Going to take one more quick look at the ms to see if I missed anything major, and send it back out tomorrow.

I never look for major flaws in my rejections. I look to clean the stories up with a small broom, reaching further into the corners, and maybe getting a little more grime into my dustpan rather than leaving the sweep-marks obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.