PDA

View Full Version : I have to share!!!

WackAMole
12-04-2008, 01:33 AM
It's official. Today I received my passports back with the official swedish residency stamp in them for all three of us.

After five years I can finally go and live with my partner there. (My family hates that im in that relationship and I had to share good news somewhere because i am just so excited!) Scared too.

Thanks for letting me gloat!!!!! YAY

Perks
12-04-2008, 01:36 AM
That's wonderful news!!! I remember your story about this. Congratulations and go celebrate.

WackAMole
12-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Thank you Perks! It has been such a hard 5 years saying goodbye to her every three months. There were times we didnt know if we could make it...but we did and OMG I am just beside myself.

Williebee
12-04-2008, 01:41 AM
That's tremendous! Huge hugs all around.

Beach Bunny
12-04-2008, 01:41 AM
:hooray:

Stlight
12-04-2008, 01:50 AM
I love a story with a happy ending. hugs!

Perks
12-04-2008, 02:00 AM
So, when are you going over -- or are you over there now? This internet tracking device is on the fritz.

regdog
12-04-2008, 02:51 AM
:hooray::hooray::hooray: and good luck, enjoy

DamaNegra
12-04-2008, 02:53 AM
Great news :D Congratulations!!!

WackAMole
12-04-2008, 02:55 AM
So, when are you going over -- or are you over there now? This internet tracking device is on the fritz.

Well i didnt want to make any set plans until I had the permits in my hand.

Henrietta will be here from Sweden on December 26th. She will stay here and help me pack and sell my life LOL. But most importantly, this is the longest we have been apart in 5 years. We havent seen each other (other than webcams) in a year. We usually would have her come here every three months and stay for three months (which is the max she is allowed to stay).

We just decided that since I got permission in court from my ex to take the kids and move there, it was best to try to save a little money. It has been the hardest year of my life. I honestly have never loved anyone this much. Never.

No more goodbyes through that stinking mottled glass at the sea tac airport. No more watching her cry as she took her shoes off at that stinking x ray machine thing LOL. Goodbyes killed us every time. No matter how much we understood that she would be back, it got harder each time to let go. I would watch her check in, then I had to literally run through the check in desk area to reach this stupid amber colored mottled glass so I could catch a moment of her before she disappeared. It was god awful to stand there with a piece of glass between you.

I may be leaving the country, but I want it said, I really had no other option if i wanted to be with her. It was not possible for her to move here because of the whole "marriage" thing. I am not going to forget this though. I plan on writing some sort of article about our experience through all of this. Awareness is important. If people knew us, knew our relationship, understood how it felt, maybe a few more would change their minds about this whole gay marriage thing. I've never done any article type stuff so that outta be a challenge and a half for me since I cant even post in short paragraphs LOL

Someday, I do hope the US changes its position. Henrietta loves Hollister, Abercrombie, Macy's and Nordies. She would love to be able to move to the shopping Mecca of the world im sure! But for now, we are just thrilled to know we never have to say goodbye again.

The plan is for us to head back to sweden together around February 26th.

Plot Device
12-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Wow. Sweden. I'm jealous.

And you have a lifelong partner too. So I'm even MORE jealous.

Yes, that's my way of saying CONGRATS! :)

joyce
12-04-2008, 05:54 AM
Congratulations! I'm so glad everything has worked out for you. I wish you all the happiness in your new life.

Soccer Mom
12-04-2008, 06:24 AM
Whack, I am so happy for you! :e2cry: I love a happy ending.

Susie
12-04-2008, 07:03 AM
That's super and have lots o' fun!

maestrowork
12-04-2008, 07:06 AM
It's sad that you have to leave this country to follow your dream of having your family together. But congrats and good luck to you!

WackAMole
12-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words! Today has been a whirlwind of craziness!

And yes Maestro, it is really sad, but someday maybe things will change here. In the meantime, I have a lot to do and a whole lot of swedish to learn. (Rosetta Stone is really cool btw for languages!)

I plan to stay as active as possible with some of the online LGBT rights groups I have communicated with. One group in particle, wants a follow up with pictures once I am there and we make it official. (We already have the priest picked out and she said yes!)

I love America, and I will leave a little sad, but my partner and I have discussed the possibility of coming back here should things change.

I however, have heard nothing but lovely things about Sweden and I'm excited to go to a place where there aren't 24 hour grocery stores and a holiday is still a holiday. I think there is a much larger importance placed on families than money there.

At any rate we will see and thanks again for all the nice words and listening to me ramble. It's really a bummer to have such great news and no one to really share it with that would care to hear it or understand it. This has always been a great community of people and I'm thankful I had a place to express how happy I am.

Fraulein
12-04-2008, 08:39 AM
I'm sure you'll love their public transportation system! I've heard great things about it.

rugcat
12-04-2008, 09:22 AM
If people knew us, knew our relationship, understood how it felt, maybe a few more would change their minds about this whole gay marriage thing.I wish I could believe that. Maybe it's true, and not just a forlorn hope.

But I don't mean to be a bummer. It's great that you're able to do this -- I have a friend who married a Swedish woman ten years ago and moved there, and he absolutely loves it there.

thethinker42
12-04-2008, 09:34 AM
That ROCKS!! Congrats!

Snowstorm
12-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Congrats, WhackAMole! Here's to wishing next time you and Henrietta return to the U.S. marriage will be legal...for everyone.

Yeshanu
12-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I wish I could believe that. Maybe it's true, and not just a forlorn hope.

rugcat, it's really not as forlorn a hope as it seems some days. I know that there are folks out there who will never change their minds.

But I've known many, many more who did eventually change their minds about gays and gay marriage, and most often that was due to knowing someone who was gay.

Examples number one and two: My own parents. My entire church congregation.

Cause you can't stop the motion of the ocean, or the rain from above
They can try to stop the paradise we're dreamin of
But you cannot stop the rhythm of two hearts in love to stay
You can't stop the beat! (You Can't Stop the Beat -- Hairspray)

And congrats, WhackAMole. I wish you and your family all the best.

gypsyscarlett
12-04-2008, 10:30 AM
I like happy news. Best wishes to both of ya. :)

Cassiopeia
12-04-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm really happy for you. I've done the long distance thingy from Utah to South Africa. I have been right there looking through that glass as my loved one left. Or him watching me go. BUT, that's behind you now. The best of luck and may no fish come to terrorize you. ;)

TerzaRima
12-04-2008, 09:08 PM
That's awesome, Wack. Good on you both.

scarletpeaches
12-04-2008, 09:11 PM
See, I was all ready to puke in a bucket until you said this:

...I honestly have never loved anyone this much. Never...

Damn you, WackAMole. Damn you for bringing a lump to my throat.

darkprincealain
12-04-2008, 10:28 PM
:partyguy: Congrats WackAMole!