Can we shoot the person who thought round shoelaces were a good idea?

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I mean, the older ones used to have the long, flat shoe laces. But it seems like all shoes today come with the laces that are long and round (think a snake, only skinnier) and they come untied all the time.

Is it too much to ask to go back to the old laces that rarely ever came untied? This is like number 2 on my pet peeve list right now.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The flat laces of which you speak can be purchased in any color in any shoe store in the country for approximately $3 US.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
What would the number 1 pet peeve be?

When you use your debit card at McDonalds, they don't give you the receipt or they put it in the bag.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I mean, the older ones used to have the long, flat shoe laces. But it seems like all shoes today come with the laces that are long and round (think a snake, only skinnier) and they come untied all the time.

Is it too much to ask to go back to the old laces that rarely ever came untied? This is like number 2 on my pet peeve list right now.
You know, I agree with you. You spend $60+ on a pair of shoes you think they'd have the decency to include a good set of laces that you don't have to DOUBLE KNOT like you're a freaking kindergartener!

And not only that but then they WAX THE FREAKIN THINGS TO MAKE THEM EVEN MORE SLIPPERY!

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I agree with you. You spend $60+ on a pair of shoes you think they'd have the decency to include a good set of laces that you don't have to DOUBLE KNOT like you're a freaking kindergartener!

And not only that but then they WAX THE FREAKIN THINGS TO MAKE THEM EVEN MORE SLIPPERY!

WORD.

Someone above said that a pair of the other laces are only $3. My answer to that is, after spending $40 to $50+ dollars on a pair of shoes, I shouldn't HAVE to go buy laces for them.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
WORD.

Someone above said that a pair of the other laces are only $3. My answer to that is, after spending $40 to $50+ dollars on a pair of shoes, I shouldn't HAVE to go buy laces for them.
That's true. It's like buying a new car and having to go equip it with new tires.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

But first, tie them up with a nice, round, braided rope. No. Wait...

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score

But first, tie them up with a nice, round, braided rope. No. Wait...

:ROFL:

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Can we shoot the person who thought belts were better than suspenders as well? I mean, I would have prefered use suspenders over belts if I could...

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Can we shoot the person who thought belts were better than suspenders as well? I mean, I would have prefered use suspenders over belts if I could...

No, we need to give that guy a reward.

And dude, you can buy suspenders. It's not like shoes, where the laces come with them. You have to buy the belt separating anyway. So instead of purchasing a belt, just purchase the suspenders. Problem solved.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
I have not owned a pair of shoes with laces in almost 13 years.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
No, we need to give that guy a reward.

And dude, you can buy suspenders. It's not like shoes, where the laces come with them. You have to buy the belt separating anyway. So instead of purchasing a belt, just purchase the suspenders. Problem solved.

I know I can do that, the problem is that people look at you odd if someone uses suspenders. They will think is someone geeky/old-fashioned or a skinhead. Doesn't look normal.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pssssst. Guys. To people across the Atlantic, suspenders = garter belts. Just a comment of interest. Now go back and re-read all of the suspender comments...

The things guys wear to keep their pants up are called braces over there, I believe.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com

That's why my shoelaces are untied all the time. I hate them.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I know I can do that, the problem is that people look at you odd if someone uses suspenders. They will think is someone geeky/old-fashioned or a skinhead. Doesn't look normal.
You mean, my profile pic, everyone thinks I'm a geek?

Here I thought I was stylin and profilin.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score

Just keep reminding yourself, and repeat aloud as necessary, "homicide is not okay."

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score

Just don't tuck your shirt in and wear them under you shirt.